Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

'might be going home for Xmas, but probably not

'might be going home for Xmas, but probably not

Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'might be going home for Xmas, but probably not

Seeing as we have cancelled our US extravaganza, which due to the USD forex was getting less extravagant by the day. We've been trying to decide on somewhere else. Now I love the cold weather and love a cold Xmas, so we're looking at,,,Vanuatu Don't ask!

We were looking for an 'adults only' (no, not THAT kind of adults only) resort and have it down to two, mainly 'cos all the others are booked out. The Iririki Resort (Garden fare) and a choice of a Garden or Beachfront Fare at Breakas Resort. Looked at the reviews and there seems to be pros and cons for both. I'm leaning towards Breakas Beachfront as it seems to be less affected by the village noises.

Anyone been, thoughts?

Then Mrs Triboy turns around and says 'if you want to swap the the US ticket for a UK one and have Xmas there you can go. I'll stay here and study'

hmmm, tempting, but I think it's one of them trick questions where a bloke is doomed whatever he decides
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:54 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 'might be going home for Xmas, but probably not

Why are you doomed? Did Mrs Triboy say you can go to the UK with pursed lips, resigned shrug of the shoulders and a 'I don't REALLY mean it but pissed off with you moaning about the exchange rate' tone to her voice

Or is she a lovely wife who genuinely wants you to have a cold Xmas with your family?

If it's the former I'd book the holiday to Vanuatu PDQ If it's the latter be grateful
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crystal23
Why are you doomed? Did Mrs Triboy say you can go to the UK with pursed lips, resigned shrug of the shoulders and a 'I don't REALLY mean it but pissed off with you moaning about the exchange rate' tone to her voice

Or is she a lovely wife who genuinely wants you to have a cold Xmas with your family?

If it's the former I'd book the holiday to Vanuatu PDQ If it's the latter be grateful
I moan about everything lately, so she answers everything in the same tone. How is a man meant to tell?

She genuinely means it, but she deserves a holiday as well as she works in a stressful job and studies very hard

Can I take the 5th?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Can I take the 5th?

Typical sodding bloke

Think you'd better book Vanuatu like NOW
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Typical sodding bloke

Think you'd better book Vanuatu like NOW
If I was a typical bloke I'd like it here It's us gents of discerning taste and style that frequent this forum and you're jolly lucky to have us

(if I do go to England can you tell my wife for me? )
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 'might be going home for Xmas, but probably not

Seeing as we have cancelled our US extravaganza, which due to the USD forex was getting less extravagant by the day. We've been trying to decide on somewhere else. Now I love the cold weather and love a cold Xmas, so we're looking at,,,Vanuatu Don't ask!

We were looking for an 'adults only' (no, not THAT kind of adults only) resort and have it down to two, mainly 'cos all the others are booked out. The Iririki Resort (Garden fare) and a choice of a Garden or Beachfront Fare at Breakas Resort. Looked at the reviews and there seems to be pros and cons for both. I'm leaning towards Breakas Beachfront as it seems to be less affected by the village noises.

Anyone been, thoughts?

Then Mrs Triboy turns around and says 'if you want to swap the the US ticket for a UK one and have Xmas there you can go. I'll stay here and study'

hmmm, tempting, but I think it's one of them trick questions where a bloke is doomed whatever he decides
How about just saying darling thats such a thoughtful idea of yours re xmas in the uk i think i will take you up on it.

But how about seeing as you are planning on doing your studies over the xmas period how about we have a look for a nice destinaton for you to travel to as well and you can study whilst you are there.

Now that could earn you some major brownie points lol
Cheers
Cally
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cally49
How about just saying darling thats such a thoughtful idea of yours re xmas in the uk i think i will take you up on it.

But how about seeing as you are planning on doing your studies over the xmas period how about we have a look for a nice destinaton for you to travel to as well and you can study whilst you are there.

Now that could earn you some major brownie points lol
Cheers
Cally
Well, in that vein, I did have the thought of getting he Dad here whilst I'm over there Vanauatu is off, had a call from a triathlete friend who lived there for 4yrs and said basically, Xmas is wet season, cyclone season, mossie season, and is very humid and about 33c. Not exactly ticking all our boxes
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 'might be going home for Xmas, but probably not

Well, in that vein, I did have the thought of getting he Dad here whilst I'm over there Vanauatu is off, had a call from a triathlete friend who lived there for 4yrs and said basically, Xmas is wet season, cyclone season, mossie season, and is very humid and about 33c. Not exactly ticking all our boxes
Oh well there you go then have a discussion about her getting her dad over he would be over the moon i bet and you wouldnt feel bad about Mrs Tr1boy spending Xmas alone.....Now you are on the right track......Look forward to hearing the decision you both come to, isnt compromise a wonderful thing.....
Cally
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Turns out her dad had a medical appt just after Xmas that he's been waiting on for ages, so he won't be coming. And thinking about it, much as I'd love to be in the UK, Xmas without Mrs Triboy would be not be a very nice Xmas for me. I think the guilt would outweigh the pleasure, especially seeing how I've just been

Possible Sth island NZ sojourn on the cards now. Nice and cool, it's not Australia. Good start at least
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out her dad had a medical appt just after Xmas that he's been waiting on for ages, so he won't be coming. And thinking about it, much as I'd love to be in the UK, Xmas without Mrs Triboy would be not be a very nice Xmas for me. I think the guilt would outweigh the pleasure, especially seeing how I've just been

Possible Sth island NZ sojourn on the cards now. Nice and cool, it's not Australia. Good start at least
I think it would be nice to have a break together, it's what xmas is all about and she's been working her butt off too so she deserves a break.

Bad time to go anywhere really due to the dire state of the $. We are thinking of cancelling our trip to UK because of all this horrible financial business
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rabsody
I think it would be nice to have a break together, it's what xmas is all about and she's been working her butt off too so she deserves a break.

Bad time to go anywhere really due to the dire state of the $. We are thinking of cancelling our trip to UK because of all this horrible financial business
A UK trip for me would literally just cost a ticket. free accom and a car to myself (thanks Mum ). But travelling with kids and OH etc gets a bit trickier. i feel your pain having to cancel, it must be way worse for you as it's 'home'. Our trip to the US whilst nice, was just a holiday and there really wasn't that much emotion involved.

I bet Oz tourism must be loving it. the locals can't afford to leave and the US can come over very cheaply.

Last edited by Tr1boy; Oct 31st 2008 at 12:30 am.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 3:46 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

You said Mrs Triboy cant go with you as she is studying. Cant she do that with you in UK?
It is obviously Uni break at this time and she could take a laptop with her and stuff?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 4:06 am
Account Closed

If I was a typical bloke I'd like it here It's us gents of discerning taste and style that frequent this forum and you're jolly lucky to have us

(if I do go to England can you tell my wife for me? )

WOTEVER in reply to your first paragraph and to your 2nd question

NO - Sisterhood and all that

I've just caught up with this thread and agree with Flea. Go to the UK with Mrs TB now that you've found out Vanuatu is pretty crappy that time of year. Only thing is what's the exchange rate doing right now

And if you do go give my love to Buckinghamshire.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

WOTEVER in reply to your first paragraph and to your 2nd question

NO - Sisterhood and all that

I've just caught up with this thread and agree with Flea. Go to the UK with Mrs TB now that you've found out Vanuatu is pretty crappy that time of year. Only thing is what's the exchange rate doing right now

And if you do go give my love to Buckinghamshire.
Sistas

Well she could study over there but summer school starts on Jan 3rd (yep, summer school, she's a machine! ) nah, tickets are in the refund process, looks like Sth Island NZ for us now, eh bro

Sofitel at Queenstown looks nice
Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:28 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Go to UK....the wife might be glad of the break

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.