British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   Merry, (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/merry-907193/)

Downton Gabby Dec 25th 2017 10:51 pm

Merry,

49 people looked at this and not one person wished the same to me, so I removed my message.

I'm so surprised and disappointed.

Not one person said anything.

Sad.

BritInParis Dec 26th 2017 9:17 am

Re: Merry,

The 49 people may very well not have been members. If you're posting late on Christmas Day then I suspect most people were passed out in front of the telly full of turkey!

Downton Gabby Dec 26th 2017 7:59 pm

Ok, I guess I'm being a bit oversensitive, so I'll just say again...

Merry Christmas (belated at this point) and I hope everyone had a nice day. I guess it was a bit late in the day when I originally posted, but still Christmas here in the US.

I spent the day mostly missing loved ones, so I came here kind of hoping for a little cheering up.

christmasoompa Dec 26th 2017 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby (Post 12405416)
All those people can't be non-members.

Of course they can! At this precise moment there are 51 members on the forum, and 972 non members on the forum.

Tbh, I've no idea why you're upset, particularly given it was almost midnight on Xmas Day and you edited it to remove your message after only two hours?!? Very few members would have even seen your post, I certainly wasn't online then........I was sleeping after a lovely day with my family!

Novocastrian Dec 26th 2017 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12405418)
Of course they can! At this precise moment there are 51 members on the forum, and 972 non members on the forum.

Tbh, I've no idea why you're upset, particularly given it was almost midnight on Xmas Day and you edited it to remove your message after only two hours?!? Very few members would have even seen your post, I certainly wasn't online then........I was sleeping after a lovely day with my family!

I saw it. But since the thread title was "Merry," it wasn't a thread I wanted to access.

Mercury39 Dec 26th 2017 8:51 pm

Happy Boxing Day! Is was greeted with that today on a walk on cape cod, MA. It didn't strike me as odd until a few minutes later!

christmasoompa Dec 26th 2017 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12405430)
I saw it. But since the thread title was "Merry," it wasn't a thread I wanted to access.

Bah Humbug! :lol:

durham_lad Dec 26th 2017 9:34 pm

+1

Merry Boxing Day everyone.

Downton Gabby Dec 26th 2017 10:33 pm

Merry Boxing Day!

Jerseygirl Dec 26th 2017 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby (Post 12405462)
Merry Boxing Day!

254 views...8 replies.

uk_grenada Dec 27th 2017 12:05 am

Buggex christmas, but happy holiday, hope you enjoy a festive day, but make sure every day is as enjoyable in its own way, or why bother...

Mallory Dec 27th 2017 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby (Post 12405462)
Merry Boxing Day!

Hi, you have been missed. Any updates? I was so busy cooking, I didn't know which end was up. I'm not as good as multitasking as I used to be. My daughter had two white Scottish terriers running around under my feet - one is a puppy, and one has cancer. I got a new I-pad for Xmas, as my other one was on the go slow. It's snowing in Bristol, UK, where I have family. Some of my family went to SA for the winter. They like heat.

It's my wedding anniversary today - I won't say which one.

Happy New Year. I have a bottle of Prosecco chilling. Cold here in the southeast US.

Merry! :starsmile::starsmile::starsmile:

livinginnyc Dec 27th 2017 4:49 pm

Merry Christmas (belated),

IF its any consolation... I would have replied but wasn't on at Christmas day (I was busy offline with Christmas gifts, Christmas cooking and Christmas wine.etc). Hope Santa was good to you!

michali Dec 29th 2017 9:23 pm

Belated merry Christmas but wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year!

Downton Gabby Dec 30th 2017 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Mallory (Post 12405735)
Hi, you have been missed. Any updates? I was so busy cooking, I didn't know which end was up. I'm not as good as multitasking as I used to be. My daughter had two white Scottish terriers running around under my feet - one is a puppy, and one has cancer. I got a new I-pad for Xmas, as my other one was on the go slow. It's snowing in Bristol, UK, where I have family. Some of my family went to SA for the winter. They like heat.

It's my wedding anniversary today - I won't say which one.

Happy New Year. I have a bottle of Prosecco chilling. Cold here in the southeast US.

Merry! :starsmile::starsmile::starsmile:

Hi Mallory!

Thank you for the kind words. As far as updates go, I've been going through a lot of things with my knees for months now. Ugh. Lots of pain, swelling, cortisone injections that made me literally scream with pain. Things are improving somewhat. This year has been an Annus Horribilis in many ways.

I'm planning to move over there in the Spring as soon as I have all my ducks in a row.

Happy wedding anniversary!

Happy New Year to you and yours:starsmile:.