British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   lovely day here in Surrey (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/lovely-day-here-surrey-738779/)

Tr1boy Nov 13th 2011 9:33 am

lovely day here in Surrey

Sun is out, it's pretty warm, blue sky, golden hues of the falling leaves and bright colours of the countryside:thumbup:

Pity I'm still in spinal rehab and can't get out for a quick 100kms on the bike:thumbdown:

Enjoy. Hope the sun is shining for those that will be remembered today in services all over the country today.

Mummy in the foothills Nov 13th 2011 2:42 pm

Re: lovely day here in Surrey

Aww never mind. Heal quickly and get outside ASAP. How is the rehab going?

Tr1boy Nov 13th 2011 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9730483)
Aww never mind. Heal quickly and get outside ASAP. How is the rehab going?

Not too bad thanks. I went to the Dr this week for a 'fit to work' certificate. She was horrified I was even thinking of it and gave me a lecture about long term health over short term work pressure. She said to me that clearly I wasn't understanding how severe my injury was (I do remember crying in pain alot;))

She wants me off for the rest of year but that's not really practical, so we've ended up with another 4 wks.

Work was well happy with that! :lol:

So it's, home, rest, rehab physio, rest physio, repeat 5 times per day at 30 mins per session. uugh I do feel quite a bit of pressure from work to return, but on the other hand, this job and me won't be together for much longer I feel, so I'm looking after my back first.

Looks like no more running (therefore no more tri) for me :cry_smile:

Tr1boy Nov 15th 2011 3:47 pm

5 Attachment(s)
Tooks some pics in our area:)

alicat26 Nov 15th 2011 8:53 pm

Looks like a sunny autumn day, beautiful, thanks for sharing :)

Snap Shot Nov 16th 2011 1:51 am

Lovely days in Surrey......I remember those. Thanks for the photos. A tree in Autumn....when Autumn was November. Not early summer like it is here in NZ. Although I could take a photo right now of an equally sunny day with all the garden flowers in blossom. Each season can be beautiful.

Brigette Nov 16th 2011 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Tr1boy (Post 9734276)
Tooks some pics in our area:)

The pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Beedubya Nov 16th 2011 4:19 am

Lovely pics thanks for sharing, sorry to hear how bad your health has been Triboy, but here's to a better New Year for you. :thumbsup:

Bevm Nov 16th 2011 12:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your injury, Truboy. Missed that, but I haven't been reading here a lot recently.

I'm finding the mist down here on the Devon coast is stealing the best of some of the autumn days.

Bev

Tr1boy Nov 28th 2011 11:46 am

Saw the 'ice' light on the car for the first time this season today. It was orange which means over zero and read 3deg. We had an overnight frost though.

Bracing!

sandrainaus Nov 28th 2011 12:57 pm

Where in Surrey are you? I miss Surrey :(

I hope you get better soon :-)

Tr1boy Nov 28th 2011 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by sandrainaus (Post 9757968)
Where in Surrey are you? I miss Surrey :(

I hope you get better soon :-)

Godalming, it's very nice for training and I can see the canal boats and Angus cows from the window:)

sandrainaus Nov 28th 2011 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tr1boy (Post 9757981)
Godalming, it's very nice for training and I can see the canal boats and Angus cows from the window:)

Beautiful, I am very jealous, God I miss home :( not been on for a while, so not read about your injury, I do hope you get better soon, so you can get back to your training x

Tr1boy Nov 28th 2011 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by sandrainaus (Post 9758025)
Beautiful, I am very jealous, God I miss home :( not been on for a while, so not read about your injury, I do hope you get better soon, so you can get back to your training x

Thankyou:) Still at home doing lots of physio sessions. it's not pretty at the moment but I'll get there.

It is a lovely area and with Guildford up the road we can stay out of London unless absolutely necessary.

sandrainaus Nov 28th 2011 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Tr1boy (Post 9758033)
Thankyou:) Still at home doing lots of physio sessions. it's not pretty at the moment but I'll get there.

It is a lovely area and with Guildford up the road we can stay out of London unless absolutely necessary.

Good for you, keep working at it, you will be back cycling before you know it x

I am from Tadworth, I miss it like mad:(