Location, location, location

Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:19 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location, location, location

Originally Posted by HighTide
Off again in the car today to show our friends a little more of Devon. We will drive to Kingswear and then take the little ferry over the River Dart to Dartmouth. After that the plan is to head down the coast towards Slapton Sands. No more planning after that....but most likely will find a good Devon Cream Tea.
Oooh how lovely David, have fun in this glorious weather, I cannot believe just how warm it has been these past few days, I spent yesterday afternoon after DRIVING to my sister's sitting in her garden in the shade as she sunbaked as only the Brits do!!!

Have you any firm plans for when your guest room/s open or are you just taking it slowly?

Sorry for hijacking the location thread.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
OMG that house is SERIOUSLY gorgeous!!! Thanks for finding it for me Linda for when I win lotto!!! I can just see myself wandering around there in my latest designer fashions ha ha!!!

I think the statue looks like Mr Swindley from Coronation Street LOL!!
I'd forgotten who he was and had to look him up. Now I remember! Oh, and I am going to be buying the winning lottery ticket tomorrow.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to open this thread up to more location related information anyway... because I find it so interesting. So if anyone else wants to put their location needs, wants, recommendations, etc. please feel free.

Good job I didn't narrow it down as someone suggested.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

I wanted to open this thread up to more location related information anyway... because I find it so interesting. So if anyone else wants to put their location needs, wants, recommendations, favourite places, etc. please feel free.

Good job I didn't narrow it down as someone suggested.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 8:56 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

OK no need to repeat yourself.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

OK no need to repeat yourself.
No patience. I was running a scan on my computer and it was so slow I thought I hadn't clicked submit. But they're different....
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:34 am
Home Sweet Home

OK I have decided to let you have your property down south when you win Lotto, I am putting in an offer on this one.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-32986874.html
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK I have decided to let you have your property down south when you win Lotto, I am putting in an offer on this one.

Ahh. I see you like the contemporary stylings!
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bandrui
Thanks Mallory, I shall take a look! It will be at my outer limits of how far West I want to be. I LOVE that area and Cornwall but if I am more central within the South, it opens up so many more options for day trips etc.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...=3.0&index=100

Might be too far West, but try around Lydney and the Wye Valley. Prices are more reasonable... for the most part.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-32890655.html

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Apr 21st 2011 at 9:08 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 10:37 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

This more like our price range luckily I know exactly where they are and 1st on backs onto the junior school the second is round the corner from it.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-30822320.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-28671307.html

Or this on the top of the hill.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33205475.html
Old Apr 21st 2011, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Too modern and open for me. I don't mind open but with some period features.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bandrui
200,000 GBP. I have found that there are many in this price range and have some in my Rightmove folder (not that they will be available when I move) but I have such a list of requirements that makes it a lot more difficult. Right now, I am mainly looking for suggestions of community, villages, areas that might fit the criteria.
Maybe this will also help:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgag...6&in_page_id=8

Considering that house prices increased by 300% between 1997 and 2007, a 25% drop seems like a drop in the ocean.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE this thread, by the way
Old Apr 21st 2011, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
This more like our price range luckily I know exactly where they are and 1st on backs onto the junior school the second is round the corner from it.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-30822320.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-28671307.html

Or this on the top of the hill.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33205475.html
I like the first one and the last one with the preference going to the last one. Nice houses for that price.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighTide
Off again in the car today to show our friends a little more of Devon. We will drive to Kingswear and then take the little ferry over the River Dart to Dartmouth. After that the plan is to head down the coast towards Slapton Sands. No more planning after that....but most likely will find a good Devon Cream Tea.
Do you know the WW2 history of Slapton Sands when 946 American servicemen lost their lives there rehearsing for D-Day? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise_Tiger

I knew Slapton quite well as a child, especially the day I was extremely sunburnt.

A real Devonshire cream tea sounds inviting.

Last edited by aries; Apr 22nd 2011 at 1:18 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.