Location, location, location

Old May 17th 2011, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location, location, location

Why pay more??

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-24857509.html

Linda this has your workshop that you were looking for.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-17773191.html

Last edited by cheers; May 17th 2011 at 8:42 pm.
Old May 18th 2011, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
If you lived in a trailer park in the US you might want to upgrade to this at £115K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-26653445.html
Back to copy and paste school for you! The first 3 properties you posted were all the same then the next two were the same. I really liked the one with the workshop! Bit remote for me unfortunately because it's a winner.
Old May 18th 2011, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
I get the message!

I don't post these things because I like them but because I want viewers to consider area and lifestyle possibilities. I thought some might like the idea of a support network there. One thing is pretty certain; Our children wont be able to take care of us, if it ever crosses their minds.
And I hope that you will keep posting these properties.
I am sure there are those who it fits to a 'T'. Just giving my feedback.

I don't think you understand the fees. The fees are there just like they are on any typical development where central controls insurance, maintenance and common areas plus in this case supervision.
Yes. I understood that perfectly. It is exactly as it was with my Vancouver condo. Just prefer not to be in a building with maintenance/strata fees.
Old May 18th 2011, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-29270995.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-24981412.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33577049.html

Todays browsing.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

They each have their advantages. Interesting.
Old May 19th 2011, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bandrui
They each have their advantages. Interesting.
And disadvantages. Better check the Energy Performance Certificate posted for these homes and read the following article before considering some of these properties, especially the one in Woodend.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargain...in_page_id=510

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Last edited by johnh009; May 19th 2011 at 9:57 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Watch out because I just got up and my blood sugar is at 184.

Anyway on that article, John, it follows what every form of the media follows and that is the gloom and doom. Why do we read this stuff? Does anyone write any cheerful news? Some times I think the beverage companies have something to do with the 'gloom news'. Maybe it is a way to keep the masses down.

I know we have mentioned on here about the Brits always downing their country and situation while we few on here are saying you don't know how good you have it.

Just sayin'

Back to L, L, L.
Old May 19th 2011, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cheers
Watch out because I just got up and my blood sugar is at 184.

Anyway on that article, John, it follows what every form of the media follows and that is the gloom and doom. Why do we read this stuff? Does anyone write any cheerful news? Some times I think the beverage companies have something to do with the 'gloom news'. Maybe it is a way to keep the masses down.

I know we have mentioned on here about the Brits always downing their country and situation while we few on here are saying you don't know how good you have it.

Just sayin'

Back to L, L, L.
I don't know, I get more confused every day. The facts are, 50% of Americans now only own 1% of America’s wealth and the top 1% own 30% of it? What happened to the middle class? This is the most serious erosion of personal wealth in history and everyone carries on like nothing’s happened.

But I guess people haven’t suffered enough or not enough of them are suffering. What will the tipping point be - 30% unemployment in some key countries?

If the world’s financial gurus don’t get it right over the next few years, we may well see a serious deterioration in the global economy, the markets and employment.
Old May 19th 2011, 4:52 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
Every silver lining has a cloud.
I think this should be the national motto of England.

John, did you feel this bad about things when you lived in Canada or have you become more negative, the way dunrovin says he has, on returning to the UK? I'm seriously thinking about doing without a TV when I get back. I'm generally a happy person and I don't want to find myself walking around like a little black cloud.

btw - I don't think changing the economy is up to financial gurus. It's up to all of us. I'm doing my part by expanding my little business. If we're to get out of our current mess, we need more sprirt and less complaining IMO.

Last edited by sallysimmons; May 19th 2011 at 4:56 pm.
Old May 19th 2011, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, I get more confused every day. The facts are, 50% of Americans now only own 1% of America’s wealth and the top 1% own 30% of it? What happened to the middle class? This is the most serious erosion of personal wealth in history and everyone carries on like nothing’s happened.

But I guess people haven’t suffered enough or not enough of them are suffering. What will the tipping point be - 30% unemployment in some key countries?

If the world’s financial gurus don’t get it right over the next few years, we may well see a serious deterioration in the global economy, the markets and employment.
That's because Democracy died and went to heaven years back. The people, in whatever country (outside the Middle East) you pick or choose, have lost the power to implement any kind of change to improve their lot in life. Parliament or Government make the rules of engagement and they are no longer stacked in favour of the people in any shape or form, so they (the government) would have to be caring but they aren't.

The UK is just like the US where the government (on either side of the fence) is at the beck and call of special interests, to get elected and then throughout their term. The more so now as the leaders of the Tory Party are from the very elite group they stand to represent, just like Bush stood for oil.

I think the meltdown in the global economy will take a lot less than a few years to come around if it is not attended to pronto, particularly as it relates to Greece, but there are too many vested interests for change to come easily in EU circles. There are huge adjustments necessary to bring some sort of equilibrium here, particularly between the US and China. Many are saying that a steady improvement in the global economy is the ONLY thing that will lift the UK from out of its hole if only on the rising tide lifts all boats basis. World Bank 2011-2025 forecasts for average annual global growth seem to show all of the growth (5%), the driver of global growth, in the emerging BRICs plus Indonesia and South Korea and precious little (2%) in the Western economies.

This all kind of makes a joke out of Location Location Location. Head for the hills!

Last edited by Pistolpete2; May 19th 2011 at 5:45 pm. Reason: corrections World Bank
Old May 19th 2011, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

John, did you feel this bad about things when you lived in Canada or have you become more negative, the way dunrovin says he has, on returning to the UK? I'm seriously thinking about doing without a TV when I get back. I'm generally a happy person and I don't want to find myself walking around like a little black cloud.

btw - I don't think changing the economy is up to financial gurus. It's up to all of us. I'm doing my part by expanding my little business. If we're to get out of our current mess, we need more sprirt and less complaining IMO.
Missed you these last few days sallysimmons!

Correct me if I'm wrong John, but I sense that you are not being negative about the UK but want to put a foot on that first rung on the UK property ladder and feel you have to pay too much for it. You fail to see how the current price levels are justified in the circumstances as outlined in certain media and kind of resent the fact they are not coming down to your pricing requirement which should be around 3/4 times salary?? .

To add insult to injury there are some corporate fat-cats who are making a killing in the UK who are partly to blame for the current dilemma as they are contributing to the support of these artificially high property prices, though this is mostly in London.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; May 19th 2011 at 6:34 pm.
Old May 19th 2011, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't anyone tell anybody about us being off track. It has been so slow on 50/60's these last few days so who cares?

Sally you echo my view re: no TV in the UK when I return.

For the last two hours I have been on YouTube and the one thing I found just made me feel like I died and went to heaven. It is a clip of scenery and chuffers(trains) of the East Lancashire Railway. Oh man does it bring back memories but I think these films were made recently but the scenery and environment is the greatest. I want to be on the next stage out of Dodge.

Take a look see and see if they have the same effect on you. I had never heard of East Lancs Railway until a few minutes ago. Its really nice that Englishmen have access to the latest video equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGNm...eature=related
Old May 19th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Missed you these last few days sallysimmons!

Correct me if I'm wrong John, but I sense that you are not being negative about the UK but want to put a foot on that first rung on the UK property ladder and feel you have to pay too much for it. You fail to see how the current price levels are justified in the circumstances as outlined in certain media and kind of resent the fact they are not coming down to your pricing requirement which should be around 3/4 times salary?? .

To add insult to injury there are some corporate fat-cats who are making a killing in the UK who are partly to blame for the current dilemma as they are contributing to the support of these artificially high property prices, though this is mostly in London.
Basically, I am a cash buyer and a tight Yorkshireman to go with it. As mentioned by another poster, I think some of us returning selfishly want prices to drop. Human nature. However, I have lived through property crashes before and fail to see why people think it cannot happen again under the circumstances. As they say in America, the "perfect storm" is brewing and many of the people who should be getting us out of this mess are the ones who got us into it. We should all revisit this thread in a couple of years and see who was right, assuming we can afford the electricity to run our computers. However, as mentioned, some builders I have spoken to are willing to discount around 10% and this is in good areas so what people ask and what they get are two different things.

Last edited by johnh009; May 19th 2011 at 7:41 pm.
Old May 19th 2011, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

some builders I have spoken to are willing to discount around 10% and this is in good areas.
If you are looking to buy new and, as you have said before, you can find a quality small-scale builder and one who is prepared to discount, then you could be better off under that arrangement.

As I have said before, there are a number of builders today who are building such garbage that it will be lucky to last the mortgage term. That is one of the reasons why in general it makes more sense to look for period houses as they tend to be much better built and hold their value better.
Old May 19th 2011, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

From my point of view, I don't regard this as negativity, I just like to be aware of what is happening - good and bad. I respect and enjoy reading all opinions on this thread, it would be boring if we all behaved like the proverbial nodding dog in the back of the car. I'll see if I can find some good news in the UK - may be difficult though. I will say one thing, I have found the job market here quite active and have managed to land two jobs in quick succession. Don't know if the market is picking up or just luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.