Location, location, location

Old May 17th 2011, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location, location, location

Originally Posted by cheers
Re 609 post.

Maybe we should start a game and see who comes up with the best find.

Those cottages look good from the outside but they need to be improved on the inside. The village looks dead. Alright for senior people but I'm not available for death yet. What I did like is it is 3 bedroom. There is a heafty £100 per month maintenance fee. Price is not bad although they may have doubled in price from 10 years ago, I don't know.
Question? Why are there so many for sale? Suspicious.

Good-Price, good-peaceful(like a cemetery), no traffic, 3 beds, grounds, space

Bad-old, no shops,

Now this is my find as a comparison.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-29474642.html

This is more meeee!
More money but worth it.
We're all different (thank goodness) but I can't for the life of me think about living in a retirement community. I see these as places where people wait to die. Apart from that, I will never again live in a strata community. I did that for a while in Vancouver and there's nothing worse than a council of others making decisions about your property, not to mention the fees. It's not for me. Cromer is an interesting possibility though.
Cheers, good property but not sure about the look of the garage under the house. Bad feng shui too... all the positive energy will end up in the garage!
Old May 17th 2011, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bandrui;9368557]
1) I think it will be next year, Let the clock start ticking!

I do think this whole Eco, Green thing is a bit of a racket in itself.
I agree on this.
Old May 17th 2011, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
We're all different (thank goodness) but I can't for the life of me think about living in a retirement community. I see these as places where people wait to die. Agreed

Apart from that, I will never again live in a strata community. I did that for a while in Vancouver and there's nothing worse than a council of others making decisions about your property, not to mention the fees. It's not for me.
Some people love them. Some people like to go swimming in the ocean on New Years day. I agree with you on this
Cromer is an interesting possibility though.
Cheers, good property but not sure about the look of the garage under the house. Bad feng shui too... all the positive energy will end up in the garage!
Yes I had second thoughts on this but the area is nice. Strange that, my first house that cost $25,000 new had a underneath garage.
long message
Old May 17th 2011, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Re 609 post.

Maybe we should start a game and see who comes up with the best find.

Those cottages look good from the outside but they need to be improved on the inside. The village looks dead. Alright for senior people but I'm not available for death yet. What I did like is it is 3 bedroom. There is a heafty £100 per month maintenance fee. Price is not bad although they may have doubled in price from 10 years ago, I don't know.
Question? Why are there so many for sale? Suspicious.

Good-Price, good-peaceful(like a cemetery), no traffic, 3 beds, grounds, space

Bad-old, no shops,

Now this is my find as a comparison.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-29474642.html

This is more meeee!
More money but worth it.
I am one of those senior people (aged 73), but although I have cardiac issues, I'm not yet available for death.

My idea of a blissful location would be in Central London where I can drink in all the activity, parks and river, have some activity myself, and be close to transport and shops. I've previously lived a mile from Marble Arch opposite Kensington Gardens.

Unfortunately although I have a 3-bedroom house here, its sale would not buy much where I would like to live in London. Hence I am looking further out of 'town' but within easy travelling distance. Perhaps my search for something in 'the big smoke' will be fruitful, only time will tell.

Countryside locations look pretty, but they are not for me, I would truly feel ready to be buried in the surrounding soil.
Old May 17th 2011, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Here's something that ended up in my inbox (not sure why) that I thought might be of interest:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....U1x0ho2arCO2rO
Old May 17th 2011, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by aries
I am one of those senior people (aged 73), but although I have cardiac issues, I'm not yet available for death.

My idea of a blissful location would be in Central London where I can drink in all the activity, parks and river, have some activity myself, and be close to transport and shops. I've previously lived a mile from Marble Arch opposite Kensington Gardens.

Unfortunately although I have a 3-bedroom house here, its sale would not buy much where I would like to live in London. Hence I am looking further out of 'town' but within easy travelling distance. Perhaps my search for something in 'the big smoke' will be fruitful, only time will tell.

Countryside locations look pretty, but they are not for me, I would truly feel ready to be buried in the surrounding soil.
I think that's marvellous Aries. I too could easily live in London if I had the money. I have nothing but wonderful memories of London from the time when I was little and my Grandfather use to take us to the pantomime at the Palladium, to walks by the Serpentine, shopping with my Mother down Oxford Street and girlfriends down Petticoat Lane, Kensington and King's Lane, New Year's Eve in Trafalgar Square, West End Shows, Museums, Galleries and all the wonderful neighbourhoods like Covent Garden. My friend and I even got invited to a party in Belgravia once! After I married an American, we were able to stay at Douglas House near Marble Arch. It was a short trip from Bedford so we went often. It's funny but I always feel quite at home in London. I find it so alive.
I was there for a few days during my last trip and had a fabulous time... was definitely not ready to leave. I too like to walk along the Thames. This last time they were just taking down the Chelsea Flower Show. This is one of the reasons that I too would like to have relatively easy access to London. It is by far my favourite city in the world.
Hope you are able to find just the right place Aries.
Old May 17th 2011, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's marvellous Aries. I too could easily live in London if I had the money. I have nothing but wonderful memories of London from the time when I was little and my Grandfather use to take us to the pantomime at the Palladium, to walks by the Serpentine, shopping with my Mother down Oxford Street and girlfriends down Petticoat Lane, Kensington and King's Lane, New Year's Eve in Trafalgar Square, West End Shows, Museums, Galleries and all the wonderful neighbourhoods like Covent Garden. My friend and I even got invited to a party in Belgravia once! After I married an American, we were able to stay at Douglas House near Marble Arch. It was a short trip from Bedford so we went often. It's funny but I always feel quite at home in London. I find it so alive.
I was there for a few days during my last trip and had a fabulous time... was definitely not ready to leave. I too like to walk along the Thames. This last time they were just taking down the Chelsea Flower Show. This is one of the reasons that I too would like to have relatively easy access to London. It is by far my favourite city in the world.
Hope you are able to find just the right place Aries.
It is refreshing to know that someone else likes London, people usually look at me as if I'm crazy! I even like the hustle and bustle of the Tube, in 2009 when my friend and I returned to Germany, she told everyone we lived underground!

Many years ago I belonged to a table tennis club in Drury Lane, an unexpected location, and even more unexpectedly having two Townsville girls as members who had not previously travelled outside of Queensland. On cold winter evenings it gave us a brisk walk through to Leicester Square, and the joy of eating hot chestnuts.
Old May 17th 2011, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

It is refreshing to know that someone else likes London, people usually look at me as if I'm crazy! I even like the hustle and bustle of the Tube, in 2009 when my friend and I returned to Germany, she told everyone we lived underground!

Many years ago I belonged to a table tennis club in Drury Lane, an unexpected location, and even more unexpectedly having two Townsville girls as members who had not previously travelled outside of Queensland. On cold winter evenings it gave us a brisk walk through to Leicester Square, and the joy of eating hot chestnuts.
I never associated Drury Lane with table tennis.
Old May 17th 2011, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

I never associated Drury Lane with table tennis.
Extraordinarily, 6 of England's top women players were members there, and I was in a team with one.

Here is a curious place for sale in London. Not occupied since 1959.

"Accommodation: Room through to Room with butler sink."

http://www.findaproperty.com/display...=0&pid=8849865

Last edited by aries; May 17th 2011 at 4:48 am.
Old May 17th 2011, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Extraordinarily, 6 of England's top women players were members there, and I was in a team with one.

Here is a curious place for sale in London. Not occupied since 1959.

"Accommodation: Room through to Room with butler sink."

http://www.findaproperty.com/display...=0&pid=8849865
Ah, so you're a pro.

That place is curious. At first I thought there must be a catch. But it is leasehold. Mind you 125 years is a long time. I think it may be because it's small, sounds as though it's below ground and you would have to access it from behind the building which could be a bit spooky. Who knows who'd be hanging out in the stairwell or if there are any lights back there.
Old May 17th 2011, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

We're all different (thank goodness) but I can't for the life of me think about living in a retirement community. I see these as places where people wait to die. Apart from that, I will never again live in a strata community. I did that for a while in Vancouver and there's nothing worse than a council of others making decisions about your property, not to mention the fees.
I get the message!

I don't post these things because I like them but because I want viewers to consider area and lifestyle possibilities. I thought some might like the idea of a support network there. One thing is pretty certain; Our children wont be able to take care of us, if it ever crosses their minds.

I don't think you understand the fees. The fees are there just like they are on any typical development where central controls insurance, maintenance and common areas plus in this case supervision. I own a freehold property in a development which has a garage. Both the garage and the house attract fees for their allocation of management and maintenance/upkeep and they are reasonable and ensure that the entire development is maintained to a particular standard. Of course there are rules to support this too. As a result, there is very very little turnover in the development which is much sought after as it is in a conservation area and very well located.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; May 17th 2011 at 11:08 am.
Old May 17th 2011, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

"Oh we all like to be beside the seaside"

Quite luxurious and the price is OK!

See how they look and the trickery of using a wide angle lens.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-26653445.html

£205,000/1 bedroom.

Cheers

I think this better value for the money. Just cama across it

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-26653445.html £230,000

prices are from memory, of which I have little.

Last edited by cheers; May 17th 2011 at 6:13 pm.
Old May 17th 2011, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you lived in a trailer park in the US you might want to upgrade to this at £115K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-26653445.html
Old May 17th 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

and I say

price, price, price!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33488954.html

Nice kitchen and very nice garden for £149,000
Old May 17th 2011, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would give this an '8' and it is priced at £134,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-28102690.html

A good buy at £108,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-28102690.html

Neat and clean

Last edited by cheers; May 17th 2011 at 7:24 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.