British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   I'm not the man I used to be! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/im-not-man-i-used-552317/)

Tr1boy Jul 31st 2008 3:56 am

I'm not the man I used to be!

Greetings All,

Couldn't post for a while due to the fact that I'd long ago forgotten my password and the email account I used to sign up was from an old job. Had my home pc on 'remember me' but a few weeks ago it reset itself.

DOH!:o

So here I am, new and (maybe) imroved from the Triboy, but probably not :rofl:

OK in alphabetical order, while I've been who's been:

Robbed
Stabbed
Chav'd
Happy Slapped
Thrown in the back of a Transit and beaten with a rolled up Daily Fail?

Nobody? Thought so :thumbup:

I hope all your returning plans are progressing. I wasn't meant to be going anywhere until our big US Xmas holidays, but told Mrs Tr1boy that I need a English top up, so looks like I may sneak in a fortnight at home late Sept :thumbsup:

peanut21 Jul 31st 2008 5:26 am

Re: I'm not the man I used to be!

Originally Posted by Tr1boy (Post 6630514)
Greetings All,

Couldn't post for a while due to the fact that I'd long ago forgotten my password and the email account I used to sign up was from an old job. Had my home pc on 'remember me' but a few weeks ago it reset itself.

Robbed
Stabbed
Chav'd
Happy Slapped

I hope all your returning plans are progressing. I wasn't meant to be going anywhere until our big US Xmas holidays, but told Mrs Tr1boy that I need a English top up, so looks like I may sneak in a fortnight at home late Sept :thumbsup:

All I can say is you lucky bugger.

Tr1boy Jul 31st 2008 5:36 am

Originally Posted by peanut21 (Post 6630624)
All I can say is you lucky bugger.

Yeah I am lucky, she is very supportive. She even said last night that next year if I'm ready to move back before her (job wise) I don't need to wait until she has finished her degree (but I promised I would :cool: )

I go home way more regularly than I used to. Been that way for the last 5yrs or so. Think I'm keeping Asiana Airlines afloat:lol: At least their Business Class tickets are relatively cheap:thumbup:

Nu-Shooz Jul 31st 2008 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Tr1boy (Post 6630514)
Greetings All,

Robbed
Stabbed
Chav'd
Happy Slapped

Noticed your name change earlier. I like the number one in your name. You are number 1.
I speak to my daughter in the UK every week and i always ask her if she's seen any stabbings etc...never is her reply!
I just think people prefer to believe it's worse than what it is.

peanut21 Jul 31st 2008 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Tr1boy (Post 6630634)
Yeah I am lucky, she is very supportive. She even said last night that next year if I'm ready to move back before her (job wise) I don't need to wait until she has finished her degree (but I promised I would :cool: )

I go home way more regularly than I used to. Been that way for the last 5yrs or so. Think I'm keeping Asiana Airlines afloat:lol: At least their Business Class tickets are relatively cheap:thumbup:

Seems like you have yourself a very generous and supportive wife Mr numero uno. Well done for agreeing to stay, I know every time I have been back the UK without hubster its just not the same.

How is Asiana airlines? I went on their website yesterday but couldnt work the flipping thing out, for some reason it wouldnt let me select sydney to LHR. Someone on the aus forum posted there was a huge sale on yesterday and she booked herself and her two kids for $5000 over Xmas.

trottytrue Aug 1st 2008 1:14 am

How long does it take to fly to the UK from Australian. Must be quite along time as I know my brother stops over in Singapore or somewhere like that.
Seems expensive to fly back to the UK. I shall have to look at how much is costing us to fly in 3 weeks. But we booked in February before prices went up.

Tr1boy Aug 1st 2008 1:35 am

Originally Posted by peanut21 (Post 6633847)
Seems like you have yourself a very generous and supportive wife Mr numero uno. Well done for agreeing to stay, I know every time I have been back the UK without hubster its just not the same.

How is Asiana airlines? I went on their website yesterday but couldnt work the flipping thing out, for some reason it wouldnt let me select sydney to LHR. Someone on the aus forum posted there was a huge sale on yesterday and she booked herself and her two kids for $5000 over Xmas.

Hi Peanut21,

Thanks for your nice comments:D

Some thoughts I had on Asiania here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Triboy

I really like them. The planes are a bit old from Syd to Seoul but the service is great. If you're having trouble with the website don't be afraid to call them. they speak English and have always been very helful when I call (which admittedly is rare as we have a Korean travel agent that takes care of business for us).

The only thing negative I've seen about them is that they can run out of western food in Economy quite quickly. (another reason for sitting oop t' front :D )

Tr1boy Aug 1st 2008 4:30 am

Originally Posted by peanut21 (Post 6633847)

Well I did post a link but it doesn't seem to have made it here (it had a link in it). Here is something I wrote about Asiana a while back :)

I've flown Korean a bit, but fly Asiana much much more as I find the service in Business Class is a bit better than Korean (but both are better then western airlines).

Unless I/we are going on a short int flight, we always fly Asiana via Korea now. I like the service, the transfer to Royal Mueng Dom hotel in the city is painless, and there is a nice civilised 1.30pm departure time to UK. The hotel is right in the middle of the trendy night market area.

It does help I can speak Korean (kind of ) and my wife is Korean, but I've spent years flying around the world, mostly in business class for work, and every major airline multiple times. But when it comes to shelling out my money, it goes to Asiana everytime. For business class they represent the best in service and value in my opinion.

Korean Air seem to be a bit dearer than Asiana. We just priced our tickets for our US Xmas trip and Korean were $6,330 ea vs Asiana at $5,400 .

oops, forgot to add, if you're having hassles with the site give 'em a call. They speak very good English and have always been helpful to me.

Fleaflyfloflum Aug 1st 2008 9:13 am

Pick me!!! Pick me!!

I DID get robbed

But it was just before i left Sydney :lol:

backagen Aug 2nd 2008 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 6634918)
Pick me!!! Pick me!!

I DID get robbed

But it was just before i left Sydney :lol:

No sorry, that doesn't count!

It's not REAL crime unless it happens in Britain!