I'm dreaming of a Wight Christmas

Old Sep 11th 2018, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm dreaming of a Wight Christmas

Business sold, House sold, one vehicle sold, all furniture sold, shipping sorted, flights booked ( me, Mrs Bud and four legged Bud ), Temp accomodation sorted. Heading for Ventnor in the IOW to start the house hunt. It's all coming together after a long, long period of indecision and frustration. Can't wait.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 10:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: I'm dreaming of a Wight Christmas

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
Business sold, House sold, one vehicle sold, all furniture sold, shipping sorted, flights booked ( me, Mrs Bud and four legged Bud ), Temp accomodation sorted. Heading for Ventnor in the IOW to start the house hunt. It's all coming together after a long, long period of indecision and frustration. Can't wait.
Fab.
I will be very interested to read how this all goes.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful! Best of luck!
Old Sep 14th 2018, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done! We'll almost be neighbours - I definitely recommend the Channel climate. You'll be growing your own grapevines and bananas.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 6:54 am
`

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
Well done! We'll almost be neighbours - I definitely recommend the Channel climate. You'll be growing your own grapevines and bananas.
True.

People down 'ere in New Zealand will not believe this to be the case.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the well wishes. Just tying up the loose ends here and spending hours on rightmove trying to come to terms with downsizing and up-pricing.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 6:02 am
Just Joined

rosephil is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds awesome! am in all most same position, have sold sa home, have to be out in 3 months, started dogs travel docs but
who do I use for shipping move! am lost with all the service providers and docs even though i am uk citizen from birth.
Also checking Righmove for cottage to buy in wales
Old Oct 14th 2018, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Made it. Sitting out on the deck last night, glass of wine in hand watching the sun set. Woke up this morning to torrential wind and rain. House hunting tomorrow.
Old Oct 14th 2018, 9:21 pm
`

Made it. Sitting out on the deck last night, glass of wine in hand watching the sun set. Woke up this morning to torrential wind and rain. House hunting tomorrow.
Nothing wrong with a bit of weather.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 12:58 am
Just Joined

billieboxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you fly your dog ( I presume four legged Bud is a dog ?) with Virgin and did you arrange it through a pet travel firm or do it yourself ? We are hoping to return from Florida back to the UK soon and dont know wether to use a travel firm as my vet does not seem to know what she is doing .
Old Oct 17th 2018, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Nothing wrong with a bit of weather.
Indeed. Thoroughly enjoying the fresh air after the humidity of Floridian summers.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by billieboxer
Did you fly your dog ( I presume four legged Bud is a dog ?) with Virgin and did you arrange it through a pet travel firm or do it yourself ? We are hoping to return from Florida back to the UK soon and dont know wether to use a travel firm as my vet does not seem to know what she is doing .
Yes, we flew the dog with Virgin. We arranged it all our selves, though we did have to occasionally guide the vet along the way. Fortunately he was keen to know the procedure(s) and researched the requirements needed. Could not fault Virgin, in fact all those who dealt with the transit on both sides of the pond were excellent. Dog was ready to be picked up about two hours after landing.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 1:12 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we flew the dog with Virgin. We arranged it all our selves, though we did have to occasionally guide the vet along the way. Fortunately he was keen to know the procedure(s) and researched the requirements needed. Could not fault Virgin, in fact all those who dealt with the transit on both sides of the pond were excellent. Dog was ready to be picked up about two hours after landing.
May I ask how much it cost to fly the dog, and from which airport you flew?

I am assembling the costs of a UK return and there's a cat in the equation.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
May I ask how much it cost to fly the dog, and from which airport you flew?

I am assembling the costs of a UK return and there's a cat in the equation.
$2650 for the flight. $350 for the crate and about $500 in vet's fees. Medium size dog, but we choose the large crate as he just about made the smaller size and we didn't want to risk the chance of him not being allowed on the flight. No idea about the costs involved in transporting a cat, We flew from Orlando.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 9:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

$2650 for the flight. $350 for the crate and about $500 in vet's fees. Medium size dog, but we choose the large crate as he just about made the smaller size and we didn't want to risk the chance of him not being allowed on the flight. No idea about the costs involved in transporting a cat, We flew from Orlando.

Thanks. Cats are probably not that much different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.