Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Sep 6th 2013, 7:35 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Cheers ladies! I still have to pinch myself each day that I get to wake up in my own home, far far away from all those awful people in Loony Town and just around the corner from my lovely family back in good old Blighty!
Old Sep 11th 2013, 11:33 am
Just Joined

SarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant future

Miss Betty you are an inspiration.

With 4 weeks left to go until I move back home, I am where you were.
Even worse because I sold the house and have spent the last 2 1/2 months living with the ex (and his new girlfriend). Character building to say the least.
But I've picked up weight, cried in the car (i commute an hour each way so that I way I put a limit on it) and now have carpal tunnel syndrome so have constant pain in both arms. I cannot wait for the next four weeks to fly by and then I too can find peace in my life.

I am so happy that you have found peace.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:48 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahFM
Miss Betty you are an inspiration.

With 4 weeks left to go until I move back home, I am where you were.
Even worse because I sold the house and have spent the last 2 1/2 months living with the ex (and his new girlfriend). Character building to say the least.
But I've picked up weight, cried in the car (i commute an hour each way so that I way I put a limit on it) and now have carpal tunnel syndrome so have constant pain in both arms. I cannot wait for the next four weeks to fly by and then I too can find peace in my life.

I am so happy that you have found peace.
Oh mate hang on in there, the best bit is when you get back and everything you took for granted before just delights you on a daily basis lol!

For me its:-

"I can walk into town and buy a coffee - woo hoo!" (No coffee shops in Outback)

"Ooh look at me, riding my bike into town not sweating, feeling sick and being eaten alive by mozzies!"

"A lovely well made top? For a tenner? I'll take two thanks!" Love you New Look lol!

Getting up in the morning wandering around the flat in pj's without Gay Boss whining that he really wants me to put of pot of coffee on.

No lazy ass tradies (that should have been round at 1000 hrs) rocking up to my rental property at 1600 hrs and letting themselves in whilst I was in the shower after a swim. Yes. That was a new low - sigh.

People smiling in shops and chatting to me.

Sitting in a coffee shop with my buddy yesterday gossiping, cozy warm and drinking hot chocolate whilst the rain pelted down outside.

Planning a fab bday meal followed by a pub crawl with my sister and 2 best friends instead of sitting alone at home like last year

Thanks for the good wishes, get on that plane, get a stiff drink and RELAX - you're nearly there - good luck!
Old Sep 20th 2013, 9:38 am
Just Joined

SarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant futureSarahFM has a brilliant future

Thank you Miss Betty.

I am really quite excited, I think it's just these last weeks that are trying my patience. I will no doubt feel a lot better by this time next week, when I don't have to work anymore!!!

A stiff drink - tell you what, I am really looking forward to is a cider. Can't get decent cider where I am. I shall focus on that.

All the best.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Thank you Miss Betty.

I am really quite excited, I think it's just these last weeks that are trying my patience. I will no doubt feel a lot better by this time next week, when I don't have to work anymore!!!

A stiff drink - tell you what, I am really looking forward to is a cider. Can't get decent cider where I am. I shall focus on that.

All the best.