Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Apr 24th 2013, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

for you! But don't forget Cambridgeshire if all else fails - we need some more top notch ambos apparently! (I have not the slightest doubt that you will get what you want though, they would be nuts not to snap you up!)
Old Apr 24th 2013, 6:18 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
for you! But don't forget Cambridgeshire if all else fails - we need some more top notch ambos apparently! (I have not the slightest doubt that you will get what you want though, they would be nuts not to snap you up!)
Thanks for the kind words! I know they might be a bit wary of someone who has been away for 5 years but I just need to get an interview so I can show them what I can do

SCAS was my first choice because the stations they are recruiting for are commutable from my home and also they are a great service who invest a lot of time and training into their staff. My second choice would be EEAS as again, commutable if I got Essex but they don't run the training courses I want to do. I'm sure I'll get something it would just be nice to get what I really really want!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Thanks for the kind words! I know they might be a bit wary of someone who has been away for 5 years but I just need to get an interview so I can show them what I can do

SCAS was my first choice because the stations they are recruiting for are commutable from my home and also they are a great service who invest a lot of time and training into their staff. My second choice would be EEAS as again, commutable if I got Essex but they don't run the training courses I want to do. I'm sure I'll get something it would just be nice to get what I really really want!
Your last sentence reminded me of this song http://youtu.be/8j4hg9VrYX4
which I have played many times. I find it strangely inspirational in that lovely soulful way. I love the backdrop always reminds me of home. I truly hope you get what you want

I know The Smiths did it first, I prefer this version - and please forget the John Lewis association
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

This one's got your name all over it MissB, it sounds absolutely perfect. Good luck!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:28 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Your last sentence reminded me of this song http://youtu.be/8j4hg9VrYX4
which I have played many times. I find it strangely inspirational in that lovely soulful way. I love the backdrop always reminds me of home. I truly hope you get what you want

I know The Smiths did it first, I prefer this version - and please forget the John Lewis association
I do actually love that song, very nice version but I must confess I am a die hard Smiths fan way back to my college days so I'm voting for the original! Great words though and very soulful - kinda fitting my mood right now as its Wednesday evening and I'm back up to Loony Town for my next long 178 stint in the morning - sigh!

Still only twice more though, I get to hand my notice in this time and I am marching in the ANZAC Day parade tomorrow complete with large silly hat and dress uniform. I do love ANZAC Day though, a time of reflection and to give thanks to those who went before us who gave so much so that we could have the lives we have today.

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 24th 2013 at 8:31 am.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:31 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by curleytops
This one's got your name all over it MissB, it sounds absolutely perfect. Good luck!
Ta muchly!!! The ad said 'must be able to start by Monday, 2nd September' and I always said that I'd like 3 months off once I got back to settle in, finish my course, have a holiday and get back to work in September!!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got the e-mail I've been waiting patiently for from NHS Jobs! South Central Ambulance Service are recruiting for paramedics again after 2 years of not doing so, in the area I want to work in AND the interview date is June 15th when I will have been home for two whole weeks - yay!!!!!

Application form filled in and submitted today so fingers crossed! Best performing ambulance service in the UK, close enough to commute to and they run the paramedic practitioner course I'm keen to apply for - pick me, pick me, pick meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 11:58 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Finally got the e-mail I've been waiting patiently for from NHS Jobs! South Central Ambulance Service are recruiting for paramedics again after 2 years of not doing so, in the area I want to work in AND the interview date is June 15th when I will have been home for two whole weeks - yay!!!!!

Application form filled in and submitted today so fingers crossed! Best performing ambulance service in the UK, close enough to commute to and they run the paramedic practitioner course I'm keen to apply for - pick me, pick me, pick meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Sounds perfect and the timing couldn't be better. I'd keep my fingers crossed until June 15th for you love, but would make it hard for me to type. I'll keep everything crossed in spirit..
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:10 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Sounds perfect and the timing couldn't be better. I'd keep my fingers crossed until June 15th for you love, but would make it hard for me to type. I'll keep everything crossed in spirit..
Cheers love, it kind of feels like fate so here's hoping I get an interview

I just really need to get home now, only 4 weeks and 3 days to go - hurrah!!!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:22 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got my fingers crossed for you on the job front. Hope you can keep your sanity for the next few weeks. Not too much longer to go now.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:30 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by lf1
I've got my fingers crossed for you on the job front. Hope you can keep your sanity for the next few weeks. Not too much longer to go now.
Thanks, I'm trying my best but I'm so ready to go now!!! It's funny cos I read a thread I started exactly a year ago about making the time go quicker and I simply can't believe how this past year has flown! These last shifts are becoming quite a struggle I must admit, I'm very stressed, tired and miserable. I'm trying to make the best of things as I know its not long now but flippin 'eck - these last few weeks are just dragging!!! Arrgghhhh!!!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers love, it kind of feels like fate so here's hoping I get an interview

I just really need to get home now, only 4 weeks and 3 days to go - hurrah!!!
Seems like only yesterday it was 7 weeks to go - it's sailing past
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:50 pm
Practical Paramedic

Seems like only yesterday it was 7 weeks to go - it's sailing past
Hurrah! Gay Boss is back from his two months leave in 7 days and I'm really looking forward to seeing him. He stays here when he's working so I'll have company for my next set of days off which will be fab as I'm stuck up here now til I go as my Beetle is going to her new home in the morning!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurrah! Gay Boss is back from his two months leave in 7 days and I'm really looking forward to seeing him. He stays here when he's working so I'll have company for my next set of days off which will be fab as I'm stuck up here now til I go as my Beetle is going to her new home in the morning!
I was a blubbering mess when I said goodbye to my Little Red Jet when I left. Is there anyone there who can take a photo of you and Herbie together before you part company? Bugger I'm getting sentimental in my old age!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 7:53 am
Practical Paramedic

I was a blubbering mess when I said goodbye to my Little Red Jet when I left. Is there anyone there who can take a photo of you and Herbie together before you part company? Bugger I'm getting sentimental in my old age!
You know its funny but I did take a photo of her leaving and put it up on Facebook this morning. We had so many adventures together including a 2000kms trek through the middle of nowhere to the Outback when I got posted there a few years back.

I did think about shipping her home but she was 12 years old, had 240,000 on the clock and I still got the equivalent of 4500 GBP for her, cars are SO expensive here! It would have cost a further 2500 GBP to ship her home and it just wasn't financially viable in the end. I'm looking online at a fab 3 year old Mini Cooper atm, low mileage, vcg and its up for 10,000 GBP. I should be able to haggle them down on the price as its from a garage so I'll end up with a much better car for just a wee bit more money. Still had a bit of a lump in my throat today but the lady who bought her is British and loves her to bits - she even asked me what her name was ha ha!!! I told her she answers to Bettie the Beetle, she likes a certain type of fuel which makes her run better and she is very fast so watch out for the cops lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.