Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Apr 27th 2013, 9:00 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
In my mind I'd already invited myself to Diggle
You're welcome anytime and the Diggle Chippy will be waiting
Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:49 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
Hi Betty, I'm here!

I don't know what Maltoo decided about the Hastings area but I believe she was in the UK over the Christmas period and must have done some checking around then though I believe she was based in Essex. Wasn't she looking to get into the antiques business?

I recall that I had recommended the area surrounding Hastings to her and in particular Rye plus Battle and Etchingham but the youtube videos reinforce the idea of being in the old conservation area quarter of the town as well. Lovely! You did well to get in at the price you did because there isn't that much supply in that area at all these days at the right price.

I managed to dig up a previous aries post of her priorities before she had finally decided to plump for Torquay.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=343

It's hard to say where she would be best placed to visit family but Gatwick has no flights to Frankfurt (only Dusseldorf on Easyjet) and Torquay actually still has direct train service to the Midlands (CrossCountry) as opposed to getting to London, through London and then onwards, from Hastings whether to the Midlands, or Essex or to an airport (Heathrow or Stansted) that serves Frankfurt.

Ex Torquay - Bristol doesn't have service to Frankfurt either (only Berlin) and Exeter only serves Dusseldorf (Flybe).
Hi Pete!

Cheers for the advice you gave Aries, I knew you would be the person to ask! Didn't you get back for a visit recently? If you did hope it went well

Yes I took a chance on Hastings when the prices were low and it paid off, I always liked the Old Town so was lucky to get in when I did!
Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:52 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Can I come too please?? Although you should all come to Diggle and go to the best chippy in Lancashire..
Of course, goes without saying lol! If I get an interview with NWAS I'll be heading up your way so, if I do, I'll drop you a PM with my number and we'll catch up. pub followed by chippy suit you???
Old Apr 28th 2013, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

with all the lovely places I'm finding out about on BE I'm going to be away from home a lot of the time visiting them all.
I've never been to Hastings or Diggle but both have now been added on my list of places to visit.
The Youtube video of the old town part of Hastings looks beautiful, and with the sound of the seagulls in the background I can almost smell the vinegar wafting up from my steaming hot bag of chips
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
with all the lovely places I'm finding out about on BE I'm going to be away from home a lot of the time visiting them all.
I've never been to Hastings or Diggle but both have now been added on my list of places to visit.
The Youtube video of the old town part of Hastings looks beautiful, and with the sound of the seagulls in the background I can almost smell the vinegar wafting up from my steaming hot bag of chips
Ha, yesterday I bought a carton of hot chips with vinegar and walked around Torquay's harbour and along the seafront in the sunshine. A little girl was delighted to see a seagull fly into the air to catch a chip I threw. Much like throwing a frisbee for a dog to jump and catch!

The seagull then followed me around the flower beds even though the chips were finished . . .
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Betty, I'm here!

I don't know what Maltoo decided about the Hastings area but I believe she was in the UK over the Christmas period and must have done some checking around then though I believe she was based in Essex. Wasn't she looking to get into the antiques business?

I recall that I had recommended the area surrounding Hastings to her and in particular Rye plus Battle and Etchingham but the youtube videos reinforce the idea of being in the old conservation area quarter of the town as well. Lovely! You did well to get in at the price you did because there isn't that much supply in that area at all these days at the right price.

I managed to dig up a previous aries post of her priorities before she had finally decided to plump for Torquay.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=343

It's hard to say where she would be best placed to visit family but Gatwick has no flights to Frankfurt (only Dusseldorf on Easyjet) and Torquay actually still has direct train service to the Midlands (CrossCountry) as opposed to getting to London, through London and then onwards, from Hastings whether to the Midlands, or Essex or to an airport (Heathrow or Stansted) that serves Frankfurt.

Ex Torquay - Bristol doesn't have service to Frankfurt either (only Berlin) and Exeter only serves Dusseldorf (Flybe).
I travelled by train at Easter from Torquay to Leamington Spa changing at Birmingham. I wasn't able to lift my wheelie case up the stairs so looked for a lift. An awful place to change trains, I went up and down in the lift three times getting lost with no help from anyone. Station staff were appallingly uncaring. Two weeks prior to that I had been to Germany and had no problems at Heathrow or Frankfurt.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 10:36 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Of course, goes without saying lol! If I get an interview with NWAS I'll be heading up your way so, if I do, I'll drop you a PM with my number and we'll catch up. pub followed by chippy suit you???
You're on! I know just the pub too There's one right across from the Chippy or there's the Diggle Hotel near me where I'm on first name basis with the owner already.. lol
Old Apr 28th 2013, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pete!

Cheers for the advice you gave Aries, I knew you would be the person to ask! Didn't you get back for a visit recently? If you did hope it went well

Yes I took a chance on Hastings when the prices were low and it paid off, I always liked the Old Town so was lucky to get in when I did!
Heading over in July by transiting Paris-Orly and using Eurostar, which is much cheaper due to specials and absence of the exorbitant APD. Will be in Brighton and T-Wells and will do the train trip to Rye (via Hastings).
Old Apr 28th 2013, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Heading over in July by transiting Paris-Orly and using Eurostar, which is much cheaper due to specials and absence of the exorbitant APD. Will be in Brighton and T-Wells and will do the train trip to Rye (via Hastings).
A pity the Eurostar isn't travelling from London to Frankfurt, so much simpler than bothering with airports, but the proposed service will not be for a few years yet. http://www.thelocal.de/money/2012051...l#.UX0Nz5UTtz8
Old Apr 28th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Will be doing the same, Pete, as we will be visiting an aunt in Paris. We have so much on the agenda after that it makes my head spin! Taking DD to see London, and then Cardiff for all things Doctor Who (and to look around). Then on the Exeter, with a stop sometime in Southampton to see a cousin. We wanted to do so much more but not enough time. Well, it's OK, they'll be more than enough time when we are back for good
Old Apr 28th 2013, 12:40 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by Lorry1
why did you do that!?
I have been craving fish n chips for so long and I forgot about it but now I am craving again!
I want to go to Brighton pier and eat fish n chips
Hee hee hee! Fish and chips with lots of salt and vinegar followed by a cup of tea and hot doughnuts too
Old May 3rd 2013, 12:52 pm
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

MissBetty!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to read your back home posts- and you're coming back at the right time too, the weather's finally lightened up and it's proper sunshine and 17C right now! (In London anyway- dunno if you're going to be stopping over this way?) Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!
Old May 3rd 2013, 12:58 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by Tel8
MissBetty!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to read your back home posts- and you're coming back at the right time too, the weather's finally lightened up and it's proper sunshine and 17C right now! (In London anyway- dunno if you're going to be stopping over this way?) Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!
Thanks very much - I may well end up working back in London you never know! Skyped my mum tonight and it was 20C in Brighton so yay for sunshine but without humidity, mozzies, flies and crocodiles lol! Been reading your posts as well and sounds like things are going well for you too
Old May 4th 2013, 2:56 am
Practical Paramedic

Ok well good morning all, have a wee bit of a chuckle to share with you all today!

As some of you know from reading this thread, I work alone but I do get back up from the nearest station 20 kms away if I need it. Now the majority of the officers there are pretty mean to me (as I have stated before) for different reasons - they are rude to me, rude to my patients, criticise my patient care and bitch about me constantly behind my back. Its hard enough being here alone, working alone and having no family so their treatment of me has added to my stress and has been one of the reasons I have been so desperate to leave.

I'm lucky that my 3 senior managers like me and are aware of the problem, I have constantly rebuked the other officers, fought back and stood my ground but it has been exhausting and miserable to say the least.

Anyways today I found out who my replacement is going to be - only the meanest, nastiest, rudest, most hated and most condescending paramedic in the whole region!!!!! The best bit? He's more highly qualified than any of them so will have the final say on every single job and they will all have to do exactly as they are told.

They're all panicking now the news is out and coming to my boss begging him to tell them its not true and, bless him, he has pointed out that yes it is true and maybe its all down to one little word. KARMA!

This new paramedic will make their lives a living hell. I worked with him once and I wanted to punch him, strangle him and stab him all at the same time cos he was just so damn horrible. I swear to God I will never stop laughing. NEVER!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; May 4th 2013 at 2:59 am.
Old May 4th 2013, 7:22 am
Yorkshire Lass

Ok well good morning all, have a wee bit of a chuckle to share with you all today!

As some of you know from reading this thread, I work alone but I do get back up from the nearest station 20 kms away if I need it. Now the majority of the officers there are pretty mean to me (as I have stated before) for different reasons - they are rude to me, rude to my patients, criticise my patient care and bitch about me constantly behind my back. Its hard enough being here alone, working alone and having no family so their treatment of me has added to my stress and has been one of the reasons I have been so desperate to leave.

I'm lucky that my 3 senior managers like me and are aware of the problem, I have constantly rebuked the other officers, fought back and stood my ground but it has been exhausting and miserable to say the least.

Anyways today I found out who my replacement is going to be - only the meanest, nastiest, rudest, most hated and most condescending paramedic in the whole region!!!!! The best bit? He's more highly qualified than any of them so will have the final say on every single job and they will all have to do exactly as they are told.

They're all panicking now the news is out and coming to my boss begging him to tell them its not true and, bless him, he has pointed out that yes it is true and maybe its all down to one little word. KARMA!

This new paramedic will make their lives a living hell. I worked with him once and I wanted to punch him, strangle him and stab him all at the same time cos he was just so damn horrible. I swear to God I will never stop laughing. NEVER!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

That is true Karma !!! Love it !! Payback !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.