House going up for sale today!

Old Oct 9th 2013, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute
Default House going up for sale today!

Hi

Well after what seems like years of pontificating and planning and panicking ( well to be honest it has been years!) the house is now going up for sale. Feeling really sick actually but I know we can't get back without a little stress and drama!

Poor son had a wobble the other day but I have tried to explain our reasons and we have citizenship so he will be able to return when he is 18 if that's what he really wants. (fingers crossed he won't!) I'm sure once he gets to college he will make new friends and it will all fall into place.

Still feels a bit surreal.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House going up for sale today!

Originally Posted by Choccie
Hi

Well after what seems like years of pontificating and planning and panicking ( well to be honest it has been years!) the house is now going up for sale. Feeling really sick actually but I know we can't get back without a little stress and drama!

Poor son had a wobble the other day but I have tried to explain our reasons and we have citizenship so he will be able to return when he is 18 if that's what he really wants. (fingers crossed he won't!) I'm sure once he gets to college he will make new friends and it will all fall into place.

Choccie good luck for a quick sale and the next chapter. This is the hard part, hopefully when you get back it will all have been worth the stress.
I know how you feel but onwards and upwards.
Good luck
Carole
Old Oct 9th 2013, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Carole

We are hoping for a sale that allows us to leave early January so fingers crossed. I know you can't really predict these things but that only really gives us 3 months so should be possible.

Just waiting for the photographer now and still hiding things out the way - and there was me thinking I had already got rid of lots of stuff
Old Oct 9th 2013, 9:22 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Choccie. This is where your new journey begins. Your selling your house at a good time. Lets hope for a stress free and easy sale. Keep us updated with everything. Good luck.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks

I just wish it was possible to start a new journey without a permanent headache! Guess we wouldn't get very far without pushing ourselves would we? I hate the expression comfort zone but I am well and truly putting myself out of mine at the mo!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 11:12 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

that's natural to feel the way you do. It's a big thing your doing. It'll be easier for me as we don't own a house and haven't been here long enough to accumulate more homely stuff so it's a straight forward move home for us. You have lots to sort out.

The time will fly by. Try not to look too far ahead as I know when I do that I worry about more stuff! stuff that won't probably be a problem.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Well the signs up!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the house sale and move!

So what is your plan exactly? As much as my heart doesn't want me to go back, we are planning our move back for April-June time next year.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Liza is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Choccie!

We're planning our move for next July, already working on clearing the house out and yet I seem to be making a bigger mess in the process. My oldest daughter is not so sure about the idea of the move. Planning to get her ballet classes organized as fast as possible when we get to the UK, hoping that will help her and she has taken a slight interest in researching them online too. I said the same thing about being able to come back when you're 18 and also hoping she won't.

Here's to your house sale - its a huge milestone and accomplishment to get the sign in the yard!
Old Oct 10th 2013, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Hi Davros

Plan is that I will head back to UK in January regardless of whether house has sold or not and look for work - unless I am lucky enough to secure something from here. Eldest daughter is planning a trip in March so will be great to know that I will see her fairly soon after leaving.

Hubby will stay here earning for as long as possible and son will have the choice. Dogs will probably have to come with me if house has sold if not they may well stay here for a bit. Guess I had better get their jabs sorted soon.

Guess all things change and I'm trying to take it one step at a time all the while reminding myself that it won't all work out straight away.

Hope things work out for you too. It's not an easy situation to be in is it?
Old Oct 10th 2013, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Hi Liza

How old is your daughter? My son is 16 so I think he is soothed by the fact that it's not long till the big 18. Lets just hope he throws himself into sport and finds a nice girl.

I know what you mean about making a mess while sorting out - we've already filled one skip and some days I wonder what actually went in it! Mind you our eldest daughter is having lots of our stuff - just needs to find somewhere to store it first.

Keep us up to date with plans and progress.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 1:35 am
Looking for my marbles.

we did the skip thing in England. I always thought I wasn't much of a hoarder until I started to sort stuff out. pleased I won't have all that much to move this time. We haven't been able to afford to buy any extras here so not much to move.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Liza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Choccie! My oldest is 13 now, will be 14 when we move. She's already concerned about the weather. Of course, we've had record warm temperatures and days of sunshine here this year (we're still in the 80's), so its an unfair comparison right now!

I'm excited for the children and try to keep the discussions frequent and upbeat about the move and exciting places we'll be able to visit. My parents moved when I was 8 (from Staffordshire to Buckinghamshire) and it was awful so I'm trying to do it different.

Keep us posted on your news!
Old Oct 10th 2013, 6:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

for a super fast house sale like we had.
We accepted an offer 24 hours after it went up for sale, didn't even have time for a sign.
You could be here by Christmas
Old Oct 10th 2013, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Pothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nicePothy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Choccie
Hi

Hi Choccie

I see you are in NZ and returning to the UK - is that right? I have a question regarding your citizenship. I have been thinking about getting my NZ citizenship but struggle with their requirement that I "intend to reside in NZ" when I know deep down that sometime in the future I want to return to the UK. Do you know if this is something which they are very strict about as I would hate to lose the NZ passport once I had got it. I am a permanent resident now and of course can return to NZ on that if ever I felt I wanted to in the future. The only reason I would get my citizenship would be the opportunity to live and work in OZ, although it is not something I really want to do but does give more options. Just was interested on your view on the situation especially since you have been through it.

Best of luck with house sale and your move to UK - I'm not jealous not one little bit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.