House going up for sale today!

Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House going up for sale today!

Hi

I must admit we really only got our Citizenship so as we could come back here if we wanted to without any problems.

Not sure how strict they are but they must know that lots of people leave after getting it. I am the sort of person that can't lie so I did worry when they asked the question!

It's worth doing if expensive and we have both passports now so that's another thing off the list. Although NZ only last 5 years.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Choccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond reputeChoccie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mummy

In a way I hope we don't get an offer too quickly!! I have told the agent that we aren't going till January. As much as a lovely Christmas would be most welcome. Have never liked it here - just doesn't seem right.

Mind you January is not that far away really. Think today is going to be a hundred cups of tea and regular Nurofen day.

I know once I am on the plane it will all be worth it.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Liza

I think you are right to get your daughter involved. I have been trying to sort things out and shield my son but that probably won't help. He was looking into colleges a while back and was talking about sports teams but as the time has gone on I guess it's become more of a reality.

When I first asked him how he felt about it he was fine but we weren't in a position to go then. It was over a year ago and I wish we had just done it. He knows we will do everything to make it work for him.

He seemed a bit happier yesterday but had his mates over which then made me feel even more guilty! Unfortunately most of the friends we are still in touch with over there have younger children. I know everything is the end of the world at that age.

Why are you wanting to return? Which area are you looking at returning to?
Old Oct 11th 2013, 2:53 am
Iwannagohome.

pintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pothy
Hi Choccie

I see you are in NZ and returning to the UK - is that right? I have a question regarding your citizenship. I have been thinking about getting my NZ citizenship but struggle with their requirement that I "intend to reside in NZ" when I know deep down that sometime in the future I want to return to the UK. Do you know if this is something which they are very strict about as I would hate to lose the NZ passport once I had got it. I am a permanent resident now and of course can return to NZ on that if ever I felt I wanted to in the future. The only reason I would get my citizenship would be the opportunity to live and work in OZ, although it is not something I really want to do but does give more options. Just was interested on your view on the situation especially since you have been through it.

Best of luck with house sale and your move to UK - I'm not jealous not one little bit!
Hello Choccie, all the best for a smooth house sale and move back to the UK and hopefully not so many tears!

Hi Pothy, your question wasn't to me but thought I'd chip in if that's ok.
Regarding NZ citizenship, you are probably worrying about this a little too much. The ceremony involves a group of you standing and taking an oath or affirmation. All you are doing is making a statement about your commitment to NZ and as you are already resident, obeying the laws of the land and trying to be a decent citizen, making a statement doesn't change this.
Remember you have to pay almost $500 for the privilege! Unless you are psychic and able to see the future then no one will doubt your intentions! A while back, South Africans regularly stayed the required 2 years in NZ to get their citizenship and then skipped the ditch over to Oz. No one grilled them over their intentions so I think you'll be just fine, relax. Best wishes x
Old Oct 11th 2013, 6:43 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Choccie
Thanks Mummy

In a way I hope we don't get an offer too quickly!! I have told the agent that we aren't going till January. As much as a lovely Christmas would be most welcome. Have never liked it here - just doesn't seem right.

Mind you January is not that far away really. Think today is going to be a hundred cups of tea and regular Nurofen day.

I know once I am on the plane it will all be worth it.
You're right January isn't far away.
I know I traveled back to UK fully medicated on my migraine pills due to the stress of it all. It took a month here for me to calm down enough for the migraines to subside and for the last two weeks I've been feeling headache free mostly.
If you sold right away you could go with a 45 day escrow and time it all nicely.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pintaguiness-pickledegg
Hello Choccie, all the best for a smooth house sale and move back to the UK and hopefully not so many tears!

Hi Pothy, your question wasn't to me but thought I'd chip in if that's ok.
Regarding NZ citizenship, you are probably worrying about this a little too much. The ceremony involves a group of you standing and taking an oath or affirmation. All you are doing is making a statement about your commitment to NZ and as you are already resident, obeying the laws of the land and trying to be a decent citizen, making a statement doesn't change this.
Remember you have to pay almost $500 for the privilege! Unless you are psychic and able to see the future then no one will doubt your intentions! A while back, South Africans regularly stayed the required 2 years in NZ to get their citizenship and then skipped the ditch over to Oz. No one grilled them over their intentions so I think you'll be just fine, relax. Best wishes x
Many nationalities use NZ as the back door into Aus and who can blame them if their first preference is Aus. but you can't get in. However, that has contributed to the current restrictions that affect NZer's living in Aus.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

FullCircle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Choccie

We're in the same boat! Our house went on the market last Wednesday, the sign went up on Friday (I had a lump in my throat when I saw it) and we had our first Home Open last Saturday. I'm turning into Jean Slater on a manic high (EastEnders fans will know who she is) with all the cleaning and polishing and culling I'm doing! We sat in my neighbour's garden on Saturday, drank wine and watched the people coming through. I was tempted to walk through myself and ooh and ah about how nice the property was!
Good luck with yours, let's compare notes! FullCircle.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Fullcircle

Where are you based at the moment and where are you returning to?

You must tell us more about this Jean character! I go through phases - some days I could get rid of everything other days I um and ah and think I might need it in between now and when we go!

Our agent doesn't think open homes will be right for our property so I am actually quite glad about that. Guess it will stop all those people that just look as a weekend pastime (I have actually met people that do this!)

Right off back to the garage with a bin bag and a reckless edge
Old Oct 17th 2013, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

vetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah choccie the time has finally come, eh? I am really very envious that you are on your way. Hopefully meet up for that coffee before you go. Can't wait to read about your journey henceforth and settling back. Great news, but I know it also comes with some heartache. All the very best.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Hi Choccie
I'm in Perth, WA and I've been in Oz since 1970 when I was nearly 9 years old. 43 years later, I'm going back! Luckily, OH (who is also originally from the UK too) is of the same mind as me and we have no children or grandchildren to tear at our heart strings. We've been researching Looe in Cornwall as it ticks a lot of boxes, one of them being that it's not far from where I was born in Plymouth so I can be close to family - but not too close! Jean Slater is a character in EastEnders (my favourite soapie) who is Bi Polar. I'm not making fun of people who suffer from this condition, I just felt like her on Saturday when we were getting ready for our first home open. I can identify with your reckless edge too, I'm slowly getting through 23 years of accumulated junk and memorabilia!
Old Oct 17th 2013, 7:33 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FullCircle
Hi Choccie
I'm in Perth, WA and I've been in Oz since 1970 when I was nearly 9 years old. 43 years later, I'm going back! Luckily, OH (who is also originally from the UK too) is of the same mind as me and we have no children or grandchildren to tear at our heart strings. We've been researching Looe in Cornwall as it ticks a lot of boxes, one of them being that it's not far from where I was born in Plymouth so I can be close to family - but not too close! Jean Slater is a character in EastEnders (my favourite soapie) who is Bi Polar. I'm not making fun of people who suffer from this condition, I just felt like her on Saturday when we were getting ready for our first home open. I can identify with your reckless edge too, I'm slowly getting through 23 years of accumulated junk and memorabilia!
without being disrespectful to people who suffer with Bi Polar, I totally get the Jean thing! I have half expected to see her stare back at me in the mirror some days. good luck to everyone on here who is making that big step forward.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Well the Jean Slater antics paid off, we've Sold! We accepted an offer last Saturday and, after 24 years and 7 months in the same job, I handed my notice in on Monday! Aaargh, now the fun really begins! Settlement is the 5th of December so, if all goes to plan, we'll be having a Cornish Christmas. My list of 'things to do' is growing by the minute but I'm trying to take it bit by bit for the sake of my sanity. How's yours going Choccie, any bites?
Old Oct 25th 2013, 7:42 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: House going up for sale today!

Originally Posted by FullCircle
Well the Jean Slater antics paid off, we've Sold! We accepted an offer last Saturday and, after 24 years and 7 months in the same job, I handed my notice in on Monday! Aaargh, now the fun really begins! Settlement is the 5th of December so, if all goes to plan, we'll be having a Cornish Christmas. My list of 'things to do' is growing by the minute but I'm trying to take it bit by bit for the sake of my sanity. How's yours going Choccie, any bites?
Woo Hoo!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2013, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
for a super fast house sale like we had.
We accepted an offer 24 hours after it went up for sale, didn't even have time for a sign.
You could be here by Christmas
We put our house on the market almost two weeks ago. Got a contract after open house. Low blow so discounted. Next day a second offer....has gone well, good inspection but now wanting us to pay for minimal repairs.....Worried the dogs might cause allergies for their daughter (our dogs are never allowed on the carpet....Just the hardwoods) it's all so frustrating as they hold us up during the 10 day option period. Fingers crossed....
Old Oct 26th 2013, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations Fullcircle - that was quick!

No bites for us but real estate agent now thinks she will try an open home and has offered the cat a new home so that's another thing I can tick off the list!!!

Open Home will be next weekend so fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.