Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Originally Posted by Dukie
when you getting out of this place and going back home?
The sooner you p*ss off back to that pikey place known as M/CR the better for most of us on this forum.....
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
The sooner you p*ss off back to that pikey place known as M/CR the better for most of us on this forum.....
Clynnog (Cymraeg?)
M/CR.............whassat?

Diolch, T
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:40 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future

as soon as i can get out of this hole ill be gone dont worry. if you mean m/cr = manchester pikey? how can you say that and live in canada you must be joking. you probably never been to manchester if you had youd know how great it is. if you went there after being here youd think it was heaven. only got naff mountains here who cares..
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:45 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

as soon as i can get out of this hole ill be gone dont worry. if you mean m/cr = manchester pikey? how can you say that and live in canada you must be joking. you probably never been to manchester if you had youd know how great it is. if you went there after being here youd think it was heaven. only got naff mountains here who cares..
It was this bit that might put me off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wythenshawe

'Wythenshawe, with an area of about 11 square miles, has often been referred to as one of the largest council housing estates in Europe'

and this bit

'The town centre was renovated between 1999 and 2002, to include new stores and other new features. The main street now features gates that are locked at night to prevent the vandalism that was seen in previous years.'
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:49 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tableland
Seriously, Canadians IMO can be rather, erm, serious. I count family and work colleagues as Canadian, and my experience is that they are friendly in the extreme, but "formal" friendly, and very keen on rules. They like order. And who can blame them? I like Canada, and I like Canadians. In many ways, I like that they don't get drunk at every available opportunity like the Brits (after work, before work, weekends, lunch breaks).

I must say, a large part of me says you is trollin'.................
oh your one of those brits who want to be a canadian then? feel sorry for you. wheres your pride in being british? britian has had pubs for centuries, its our way of life and im proud of it. people come to britain from all over the world just to go to the pubs. bet more people come to britian for the pubs than canada for the mountains. and what do you do in pubs? you drink thats what there there for. you seem to be becoming canadian very fast or should that be very slow. dont worry youll be ignorant like the rest of them soon. met your type over here before. theyve got no pride in being british and even when you talk to them they dont want to know you if you dont like anything canadian. your drinking to much of the water you need to back to england and experience real life.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

I've been to M/CR many times...I was born in Stockport and know the areas SE and SW of M/CR very well and the city centre.....deep down a lot of it is grotty and full of chavs.

If heavy binge drinking is the sign of a civilized society, then M/CR will suit you to a tee.

Somehow, I picture you to be a sinister BNF version of Dave from the Royle Family with MCFC tatoos all over you. Am I far off the mark.

I'm sure that if you let the people in Canada aware of your attitudes on this forum that you made lots of friends in Canada....what made you move there.

And is there a low end bottom feeding McJob waiting for you back at the Trafford Centre?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat

'Wythenshawe, with an area of about 11 square miles, has often been referred to as one of the largest council housing estates in Europe'

and this bit

'The town centre was renovated between 1999 and 2002, to include new stores and other new features. The main street now features gates that are locked at night to prevent the vandalism that was seen in previous years.'
it depends on where you live in wythenshawe. some part are bad but if people know your local they help you and you never get any problems. regadless i still miss it and prefer it to life (i mean nolife) in canada. would be back now if i could.

warning to all theres no life in canada.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:00 pm
Banned

I've been to M/CR many times...I was born in Stockport and know the areas SE and SW of M/CR very well and the city centre.....deep down a lot of it is grotty and full of chavs.

If heavy binge drinking is the sign of a civilized society, then M/CR will suit you to a tee.

Somehow, I picture you to be a sinister BNF version of Dave from the Royle Family with MCFC tatoos all over you. Am I far off the mark.

I'm sure that if you let the people in Canada aware of your attitudes on this forum that you made lots of friends in Canada....what made you move there.

And is there a low end bottom feeding McJob waiting for you back at the Trafford Centre?
cant believe what you said. your not talking about my manchester. you must have gone to liverpool no thats a shitty place (but not nearly as bad as anywhere in canada).

you lot have a good time. given you my input and warnings as honest as i can. im going out to see if anyone is alive today. maybe ill find a proper curry house-not a chance.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:03 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ng-to-leave-UK

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ment.politics2

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/257491
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:03 pm
Banned

and by the way the trafford centre is the biggest shopping centre in the world and its in manchester! thats beacuse a lot of very rich people chose manchester to live and not canada.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:04 pm
Banned

cant believe what you said. your not talking about my manchester. you must have gone to liverpool no thats a shitty place (but not nearly as bad as anywhere in canada).

you lot have a good time. given you my input and warnings as honest as i can. im going out to see if anyone is alive today. maybe ill find a proper curry house-not a chance.
FYI curry is not English cuisine, it was brought to the country by immigrants.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat

and this bit

How about this tidbit of info from the same Wikipedia article...

'Wythenshawe is the outdoor filming location for the Channel 4 series "Shameless", which shows various shots of the local tower-block residencies, housing estates and other architecture unique to this area. Wythenshawe also housed the outdoor sets for the show, which were built on private property. The production of Shameless moved from Miles Platting and Ancoats in early 2007 when local youths where distrupting filming'

That about sums it up......I think that the OP is really a troll but if he is indeed intent on moving back to his little piece of paradise then he may have lots of room on the plane going back to Ringway (that is how long I have known Manchester) to stretch out as there won't be many doing what he wants to do.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Boo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really nice

I think this statement sums it all up....a chav of the 1st order who supports the blues or a wind up merchant...I can't tell which....either way learn how to spell in some semblance of the english language.
Hang on there its one thing to call someone a chav but to intimate that all blues supporters are chavs is like saying all welsh people are she*p sh**gers. Give the guy a break he was only giving his opinion some of which is true some is not & the rest is him winding you up -good on you Dukie
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Honest Advice from those returning from Canada

Originally Posted by Danny B
How unreasonable of him. You'd think he'd let you call in sick with a hangover once in a while wouldn't you?

Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boo Boo
Hang on there its one thing to call someone a chav but to intimate that all blues supporters are chavs is like saying all welsh people are she*p sh**gers.

Point taken...not all blues supporters are chavs but I think you are off the mark when you think that not all welsh people wear wellies with extra room in them.

I'm sure Buckfast and Carlsberg Special Brew sales will see a spike in south M/CR soon once Dukie gets back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.