HMS Brexitania

Old Jun 14th 2019, 3:47 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HMS Brexitania

Originally Posted by Expatrick
It was a joke, hence the emoji!
Sorry Expatrick, I plead jet lag
Old Jun 14th 2019, 3:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
SoS never said that she was confident or relying on that income at all, perhaps have another read of her comment? She simply said it's not the apocalypse. Which it isn't.
Thanks CO, that's exactly what I said and meant.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 10:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Sorry Expatrick, I plead jet lag
Its okay, rightly or wrongly I took this thread as being slightly "tongue in cheek"!
Old Jun 14th 2019, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Whatever people's view of Brexit, it's not the Apocalypse. Maybe put your 'keep calm and carry on' hat on.
Good advice. I passed it on to my husband. We have endless arguments about the subject. He is a Brit remainer, I'm a non-Brit who would have voted leave if ... While we can't continue where Britain left off when joining the EU I'm sure Britain will not go under without EU membership.
Old Jun 16th 2019, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

If Johnson gets in, we can count on a huge rise in SNP membership.
Old Jun 17th 2019, 4:12 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
Good advice. I passed it on to my husband. We have endless arguments about the subject. He is a Brit remainer, I'm a non-Brit who would have voted leave if ... While we can't continue where Britain left off when joining the EU I'm sure Britain will not go under without EU membership.
Actually there's no alternative to carrying on as we were before EU membership, which was being a failing nation which couldn't quite shrug off its Imperial self-image. Until the English, especially, stop believing that they're (we're) innately superior just by being English, leaving the EU now has every chance of being The Apocalypse. Not to worry though, Climate Change will do it for everybody, everywhere rather soon.

Obviously it's a great idea to experience the Apocalypse before the foreigners do. There'll be a tidy profit in that. Oh yes.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jun 17th 2019 at 4:14 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Take an objective look - as an outsider - at what has been going on. Queen Victoria is NOT coming back. The game is OVER.
Old Jun 19th 2019, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard of having your glass half full before but you take it down to 0.00001%!
there was/is media hysteria on both sides of the debate and you're clearly going on the opposite side to myself (me being English of course ha) but the world's a big place and it's time to spread our wings. Whether that means you get your independence wish or not is another matter, get onto that shitstorm after this one!
Old Jun 19th 2019, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Brexit is bringing about the dissolution of the UK of GB and NI. And is bringing back the whole question of Ireland.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Get used to the way it is going to be "The Kingdom of England and Wales" -with some other bits like The Channel islands. The terminology and te reality of "The Yookay" will soon be a footnote in the history books.
Old Jun 21st 2019, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The terminology and te reality of "The Yookay" will soon be a footnote in the history books.
There was a poll the other day that the majority of Conservative voters would rather see Scotland leave the UK, Northern Ireland re-unite with the Republic and even the destruction of the Conservative Party itself than give up Brexit.

The same poll also mentioned that the only thing worse than giving up Brexit would be the prospect of Jeremy Corbyn becoming Prime Minister, which is ironic given that the guy is a Brexiteer himself.

Absolute madness.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

chipsncurry is an unknown quantity at this point

scot47 Not checked in for a long time, glad to see you posting here still, I remember you from the greasy spoon boards, if indeed the same poster.

-with some other bits like The Channel islands
Alas, we don't even really own or rule those, think they are bailiwicks and have their own governers? I do recall there is one party who are trying for full independence away from the UK, as simply "The Channel Islands". Like you, I think it will just be England and Wales, and a few other rocks left over from the old empire dotted about that nowadays govern themselves, an interesting discussion though, as I like history.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Chops n Curry, Send a gunship or two and enforce colonial rule on those troublesome folk in the bailiwicks !
Old Jun 25th 2019, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

chipsncurry is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a gunship or two and enforce colonial rule on those troublesome folk in the bailiwicks !
Does Britannia even have a gunship left to send anymore? I seem to remember reading something years back there was no longer an operational one?
Old Jun 25th 2019, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Navy have an aircraft carrier. It is NEARLY ready but there are no planes. There are those submarines parked at Faslane in Scotland. And there is nice base at Diego Garcia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.