HMS Brexitania

Old Jun 12th 2019, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default HMS Brexitania

As the ship is going down, the deranged struggle for the job of Captain of the Ship. I wonder how many have the same perspectives as outsiders looking at what is clearly "The End" ?
Old Jun 12th 2019, 12:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HMS Brexitania

Originally Posted by scot47
As the ship is going down, the deranged struggle for the job of Captain of the Ship. I wonder how many have the same perspectives as outsiders looking at what is clearly "The End" ?
As an outsider, upon seeing the proposal described as a ship the first thing I did was a duckduckgo search for brexy mcbrexface, and this was the first return.
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2018/09/2...r-brexit-plan/
Old Jun 12th 2019, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Beraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
As an outsider, upon seeing the proposal described as a ship the first thing I did was a duckduckgo search for brexy mcbrexface, and this was the first return.
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2018/09/2...r-brexit-plan/
chuckling here, thanks for that.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 7:17 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever people's view of Brexit, it's not the Apocalypse. Maybe put your 'keep calm and carry on' hat on.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 7:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Whatever people's view of Brexit, it's not the Apocalypse. Maybe put your 'keep calm and carry on' hat on.
Written from a safe distance!
Old Jun 13th 2019, 10:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Written from a safe distance!
Not really. We have immediate family in the UK, as well as investment properties which comprise a large part of our income.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

We have immediate family in the UK, as well as investment properties which comprise a large part of our income.
If a large part of your income is arising from investment property in the UK, I'd have thought that you'd be more concerned than most about the prospects of the UK crashing out with no deal.
The economic hit is going to be somewhat substantial.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 1:32 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by TexanScot
If a large part of your income is arising from investment property in the UK, I'd have thought that you'd be more concerned than most about the prospects of the UK crashing out with no deal.
The economic hit is going to be somewhat substantial.
Sorry not getting a Brexit argument, there's (more than) enough threads elsewhere if people want to do that. Someone made a comment, I answered it.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry not getting a Brexit argument, there's (more than) enough threads elsewhere if people want to do that. Someone made a comment, I answered it.
Right but I don't want to solicit random opinions on unrelated threads - I was asking you, specifically with your investment properties, what makes you confident that you can rely on them for a substantial part of your income in the likely event of a no-deal Brexit.

If you perceive being asked about your confidence here as an "argument", then I guess that's your prerogative at the end of the day.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

s for me, the impending disaster is my reason for wishing to set sail in the good ship Caledonia ! To the British Empire and the Colonial Government in London I will only say "So long, it was good to know you !"

(Apologies for mixing my metaphors !)

Last edited by scot47; Jun 13th 2019 at 3:05 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Not really. We have immediate family in the UK, as well as investment properties which comprise a large part of our income.
It was a joke, hence the emoji!
Old Jun 13th 2019, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

s for me, the impending disaster is my reason for wishing to set sail in the good ship Caledonia ! To the Btritish Empire and the Colonial Goverenment in London I will only say "Say long, it was good to know you !"

(Apologies for mixing my metaphors !)
Seems rather apt - given that the Caledonia relayed an ice warning that was ignored by the Titanic!
Old Jun 13th 2019, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I edited my post for the pennerial tyops.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 3:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexanScot
Right but I don't want to solicit random opinions on unrelated threads - I was asking you, specifically with your investment properties, what makes you confident that you can rely on them for a substantial part of your income in the likely event of a no-deal Brexit.
SoS never said that she was confident or relying on that income at all, perhaps have another read of her comment? She simply said it's not the apocalypse. Which it isn't.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
SoS never said that she was confident or relying on that income at all, perhaps have another read of her comment?
I've read it again and I still come to the same conclusion - if you state that a large part of your income arises from investment properties, that's a fairly strong statement that you feel confident enough to make plans about the future, firm in the believe that the income is still going to be there.

Maybe that's just my reading of the comment, but I stand by it nonetheless.

She simply said it's not the apocalypse. Which it isn't.
I never suggested that it would be the apocalypse, I said that the economic impact of crashing out without a deal would be substantial, which it almost certainly will be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.