Going back to Cali....

Old Aug 28th 2013, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going back to Cali....

It's official we've become ping pong-ers!!!

Husband and I had a LOOOOOOONG talk that lasted about 3 days and we both want to move back.

We've tried to make it work here but it's just not happening. So we'll stay for Christmas and then move back in the New Year. Sadly we can't take the QM2 in January -they don't sail during the winter months to NYC (something to do with icebergs perhaps?!?!?!) so we'll have to fly with the 4 dogs.....not fun.

Life is weird right?

Another adventure begins.........
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:06 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back to Cali....

Originally Posted by britwhore

Husband and I had a LOOOOOOONG talk that lasted about 3 days and we both want to move back.

We've tried to make it work here but it's just not happening. So we'll stay for Christmas and then move back in the New Year. Sadly we can't take the QM2 in January -they don't sail during the winter months to NYC (something to do with icebergs perhaps?!?!?!) so we'll have to fly with the 4 dogs.....not fun.

Life is weird right?

Well, as a serial ping-ponger, you have my sympathy. I bet your head is spinning. I don't envy you the dog side of things - though you can transport them as excess baggage on the way to the US, right? (So much cheaper than cargo, but in the same place)?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks dunroving. Is excess baggage in the same place as cargo? Meaning is it temperature controlled? I know you've done this before. Who did you use to fly back to the US? Air Canada looks OK as we can fly them excess baggage and the two little ones can come into the cabin with us! But I was worried about the area where they keep excess baggage. Any advice?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:23 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Sorry things haven't worked out for you. Good luck with the return to CA and I hope you and hubby and all 4 pooches settle back there really quickly
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:34 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks dunroving. Is excess baggage in the same place as cargo? Meaning is it temperature controlled? I know you've done this before. Who did you use to fly back to the US? Air Canada looks OK as we can fly them excess baggage and the two little ones can come into the cabin with us! But I was worried about the area where they keep excess baggage. Any advice?
Yes, it's the same place. It is climate controlled.

Suzy travelled with BA every time (three times). They were excellent.

"Excess baggage" is just a charging classification - it doesn't literally mean they are with the additional bags.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Caruthers will become famous soon enoughCaruthers will become famous soon enough

Happy landings. I'm leaving so there's some more space ready for you.

Maybe I'll be back...housing market here has gone mad...again
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:58 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you, hubby and pooches all the best in your new journey. Keep us posted and take care.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:15 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Life is weird right?

after a year, why did you decide to ping pong back. Be interested if you'd tell us what didn't work?

I think we're going to try the "back and forth" plan for a year if possible. We've been together for so long I'm sure my husband will relish the time I'm away!!!!!!!

There are so many pluses about living here. I'd hate for people to think it was all doom and gloom. I do love this country. One of the reasons we haven't just said sod this and moved back already is because there are so many things we enjoy about being back.

I DO think life here is harder than in the US. For us anyway.

As far as teaching I understand what you're saying and I appreciate the advice but its a case of "those that can do, those that can't teach" Not that I have anything against teachers. My sister and brother in law are teachers. Besides I would make a terrible teacher!!!!!

I know you're still in the early stages of moving back. The UK really has changed a lot since you left. In some ways for the better but in a lot of ways for the worse. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by not2old; Aug 28th 2013 at 6:17 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's a whole long list of things that probably wouldn't mean a lot to other people. Some are very personal so there's no point listing them out.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Life is weird right?

Queen Elizabeth sails ex STON on January 10th for NYC. I'm positive they offer the same deal for pets.

I see $799 each at this point, for the bipeds, that is.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Aug 28th 2013 at 7:30 pm. Reason: for the bipeds, that is....
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Britwhore, Wish you all the best. You tried it for a year. I'm partial to California myself and I want to leave Arizona and it's a potential place I may move to. But obviously jobs will dictate where I end up. Good luck!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

PistolPete2 -thanks but I don't think they have kennels. I think it's only Queen Mary 2.

Fulwood - thanks. Don't know how u deal with the heat in Arizona!!!! Good luck to u too
Old Aug 28th 2013, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry things didn't work out for you back in the UK. All the best to you and your husband for your move back across the Pond (also for the pets)
Old Aug 29th 2013, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry it didn't work out over here for you Britwhore. You're taking a good positive frame of mind with you seeing this move as an adventure. All the best to you both and the doggies for a safe trip and happy new home.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 1:02 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Hey Britwhore, Wish you all the best. You tried it for a year. I'm partial to California myself and I want to leave Arizona and it's a potential place I may move to. But obviously jobs will dictate where I end up. Good luck!
I'm partial to California too. I have a friend there, and visit her quite often. Good luck and safe travels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.