British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   Getting It All Off My Chest (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/getting-all-off-my-chest-445122/)

Fleaflyfloflum Apr 26th 2007 8:50 am

Getting It All Off My Chest

Hello Mrs Flea here.

Before i start i want to explain that i have had a bad day. I really don't give a toss whether the Australia lovers disagree with me or not, can point to UK comparisons, feed me a diatribe of stats, know brits who are the same, or any other disclaimer on what i have to say. Blow it out your @rse... i'm in a bad mood!! :thumbup:

OK.. here goes..

I'm sick of the testosterone fuelled, neanderthal Australian male.

I'm sick of looking at brain dead NRL gorillas on the news blow arsing without enough intelligence to string a sensible sentence together.

I'm sick of Australian media most of whom suffer from a very irritating OCD (obsessive complusive disorder) which bans them from acknowledging the the achievements of anyone else but other Australians. No one else exists.

I am sick of grubby architecture and a lack of thoughtful town planning. Sick of grubby front yards.

Sick of shallowness

And sick of being here...

I'll be off now, to watch yet more mind numbing TV. Listen to mediocosy portrayed as excellence and have it rammed down my throat how lucky i am to live here. :curse:

Bye for now :thumbup:

Fleaflyfloflum Apr 26th 2007 9:04 am

Re: Getting It All Off My Chest

I just thought of a few more. Feel free to add your own irritants.

cheesy, cheap advertising, for cheesy cheap products no one in their right minds would want!

The need to deny a relationship to anything BRITISH

Pokie machines :eek:

LouiseD Apr 26th 2007 9:06 am

Oh Mrs Flea it does get you that way sometimes doesn't it? The crap tv and adverts were bad enough, but it was the Austrlalia is best, amazing, wonderful, fantastic, absolutely bloody perfect at anything and everything all day every day that got to me :curse:

Unless you've lived through it, you just cant imagine how infuriating it can become.

Have a few :beer: and blot it out. I can't tell you just how much wine I drank while I was there :eek:

stardust Apr 26th 2007 9:19 am

Originally Posted by LouiseD (Post 4699097)
Oh Mrs Flea it does get you that way sometimes doesn't it? The crap tv and adverts were bad enough, but it was the Austrlalia is best, amazing, wonderful, fantastic, absolutely bloody perfect at anything and everything all day every day that got to me :curse:

Unless you've lived through it, you just cant imagine how infuriating it can become.

Have a few :beer: and blot it out. I can't tell you just how much wine I drank while I was there :eek:

Ah wine the only thing that gets me through at the moment

Fleaflyfloflum Apr 26th 2007 9:25 am

So thats where i am going wrong. I dont drink!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :eek:

I need to start i reckon.

TraceyW Apr 26th 2007 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 4699024)

Listen to mediocosy portrayed as excellence and have it rammed down my throat how lucky i am to live here. :curse:

Bye for now :thumbup:

.........and being made to feel a failure because you just don't like living here :confused: So many people have said to me "Why would you want to go back to the UK when you can stay here?" I've given up explaining now. I just say "Because I want to."

I'm sick of having nothing in my surroundings that takes my breath away and makes me go "Wow!" I used to have that feeling everytime I drove home from my Mum and Dads in Bromyard, just as I went over the brow of a hill, the views were so amazing. I miss that.

jumping doris Apr 26th 2007 6:29 pm

[QUOTE=TraceyW;4699211I'm sick of having nothing in my surroundings that takes my breath away and makes me go "Wow!" I used to have that feeling everytime I drove home from my Mum and Dads in Bromyard, just as I went over the brow of a hill, the views were so amazing. I miss that.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly how I feel but I'm in the US.
In the UK I lived by the sea and everytime I drove down a particular hill I saw this amazing view of sky and sea.

PLANTS Apr 26th 2007 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 4699211)
.........and being made to feel a failure because you just don't like living here :confused: So many people have said to me "Why would you want to go back to the UK when you can stay here?" I've given up explaining now. I just say "Because I want to."

I'm sick of having nothing in my surroundings that takes my breath away and makes me go "Wow!" I used to have that feeling everytime I drove home from my Mum and Dads in Bromyard, just as I went over the brow of a hill, the views were so amazing. I miss that.

Oh yes, made to feel a failure, tell me about it!
Yep I have given up saying anything and keeping my opinions to myself as I just get too upset trying to explain.

We lived in a place called Clifton upon Dunsmore about 3m outside Rugby and taking the dog for a walk was wonderful, seeing the open fields, the rabbit holes the scenery, just like you say, that 'Wow" feeling, just dont get it here.

Yep I am so sick of seeing aussie rules on TV and seeing all of them blowing themselves up too - feel like getting a pin!

Oh and more than anything I am sick of hearing swear words on tv ads, and some are so well, I must be a prude thats all I can say!

Enough said before I get carried away by the men in white coats!

Plants

Mummy Apr 26th 2007 11:33 pm

I can't stand the way the news reports and traffic reports on the radio suddenly turn into adverts read out by by the presenters, it sounds so fake and it is annoying the way you carry on listening to it thinking it is going to be another news item, but no it is just a bing lee advert.

clougherty family Apr 26th 2007 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 4699077)

cheesy, cheap advertising, for cheesy cheap products no one in their right minds would want!

Impotance ads on the radio when you've got kids/old people in the car!

Jo:rofl:

The Weezer Apr 27th 2007 12:12 am

If this is any consolation, it could be worse. You could be living in
NZ, where all this is true only more so. I mean, even the Australians
think the place sucks.

blowfly Apr 27th 2007 12:28 am

My letter box always full of advertising leaflets that I have to then put into the recycling bag. Free newspapers of which they always throw us about 3 which then I have to clean up and into the recycling. Why:confused: It irritates the life out of me.

Hutch Apr 27th 2007 6:11 am

Originally Posted by blowfly (Post 4702964)
My letter box always full of advertising leaflets that I have to then put into the recycling bag. Free newspapers of which they always throw us about 3 which then I have to clean up and into the recycling. Why:confused: It irritates the life out of me.

I'm going to construct a little tube out of the back of my letter box that feeds directly into a recycling bin. Either that or I'll put the yellow bin directly next to the letter box and stick a note on it saying, "Please put all junkmail directly in the bin and save me the hassle. Thankyou." :D

Rascal Apr 27th 2007 6:34 am

Originally Posted by The Weezer (Post 4702933)
If this is any consolation, it could be worse. You could be living in
NZ, where all this is true only more so. I mean, even the Australians
think the place sucks.

Ditto!! lol:sneaky:
We came back to sell up! Just wanna be out of NZ, off the 'property' (shed) ladder in NZ and buy a REAL house.:D

blowfly Apr 27th 2007 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 4703660)
I'm going to construct a little tube out of the back of my letter box that feeds directly into a recycling bin. Either that or I'll put the yellow bin directly next to the letter box and stick a note on it saying, "Please put all junkmail directly in the bin and save me the hassle. Thankyou." :D

This is an excellent idea, as they provide bags for recycling maybe I should tie to the letter box and do the same!