British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   Get well soon Dunroving... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/get-well-soon-dunroving-856462/)

lansbury Apr 15th 2015 7:04 pm

Re: Get well soon Dunroving...

Sorry to hear about the mishap, hope you continue to mend. I was going to suggest McCallan single malt is very good for aches and pains, recommended to me by a barman in an Edinburgh hotel. But as you are getting headaches perhaps not.

WEBlue Apr 15th 2015 7:16 pm

Hope you mend quickly, Dunroving! Including your poor head--headaches are awful! Get lots of rest (if possible)....

feelbritish Apr 15th 2015 7:28 pm

Oh dear, just saw this posting about your accident. Glad you are on the mend and hope the headaches sort themselves out. Speedy recovery!

Perth Apr 15th 2015 11:22 pm

Happy to hear it was not as bad as we were imagining. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

Bnet36 Apr 15th 2015 11:36 pm

Hoping you are well on your way to recovery! Best wishes.

Jerseygirl Apr 16th 2015 1:19 am

Good to hear from you Dunroving. Sorry to hear you are not 100% yet but :fingerscrossed: that the pesky headaches go away very soon.

sallysimmons Apr 16th 2015 11:45 am

I just heard about your accident and then fortunately saw your update before I really started to worry. It sounds like a terrible experience but I am so glad that you're mainly OK. Hopefully the headaches will fade with time. Fingers crossed anyway x

Celticspirit Apr 16th 2015 9:58 pm

Dunroving, you are very lucky. I can't believe yours was also in Northern Ireland. Were you taken to the Royal Victoria A&E? That's where I was taken. My immediate care was top notch with a broken neck, shattered shoulder blade and four broken ribs. CT scans and multiple X-rays. It was the after care at the fracture clinic, that was so awful. I was in a wheelchair with a neck brace, sling and had to wait as long as four hours past appt time to see a physician. Always registrars, rarely consultants. This was part of my reason for coming back here for a few months.
Take good care of yourself.

fulwood Apr 17th 2015 4:06 am

Yep I'm just glad to know you are okay. only realized few days back you had not been on board for a while. Look after yourself.

pommybird Apr 17th 2015 2:43 pm

Glad you are on the mend, hope the drunk twat driving the van gets what he deserves!

Jerseygirl Apr 17th 2015 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 11621305)
Glad you are on the mend, hope the drunk twat driving the van gets what he deserves!

:goodpost:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Shard Apr 17th 2015 5:00 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I once experienced a similar impact, and as you say, if it were direct to the passenger area, it would be a different story.

jasper123 Apr 17th 2015 10:33 pm

Oh dunroving what a terrible experience, I do hope you heal completely, but Im thinking that you may have problems with your headaches, well you, and your friend who was driving the car have an open and shut case for suing the drunk who caused this accident, I hope you retain the services of a good lawyer, you deserve serious compensation for your injuries, how bad was your friend hurt?
Take care of yourself,

Lorry1 Apr 19th 2015 10:15 am

Sorry to hear about your accident Dunrovin but glad you are recovering.

Hope that jerk gets whats coming to him. What a bloody idiot!

trottytrue Apr 19th 2015 12:36 pm

How did your friend do in the accident. I think some nice warm weather will help a lot and once your body starts to heal your headaches hopefully will disappear. As you are back to work it seems you are much better....