British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   Get well soon Dunroving... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/get-well-soon-dunroving-856462/)

Jerseygirl Apr 14th 2015 11:57 pm

Get well soon Dunroving...

One of the pillars of the MBTTUK community has been injured in a road accident. All the very best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope to see you back on here soon.

(((HUGS)))

Celticspirit Apr 15th 2015 3:30 am

Re: Get well soon Dunroving...

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Dunroving xx

NiHao Apr 15th 2015 4:25 am

So sorry to hear about your accident Dunroving. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

Ozzidoc Apr 15th 2015 4:31 am

Oh my goodness! Please get well soon.

Tr1boy Apr 15th 2015 4:52 am

Speedy recovery and heal strong. :fingerscrossed:

Pollyana Apr 15th 2015 6:00 am

All the best to you - hope you recover quickly :)

mikelincs Apr 15th 2015 9:41 am

All the best dunrovin, get well soon..

theOAP Apr 15th 2015 11:19 am

Sorry to hear the news. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

jasper123 Apr 15th 2015 1:34 pm

Hi dunroving,
So sorry to hear the bad news of your traffic accident, I hope you get well soon, and that you are not in any pain,

Famous 5 Apr 15th 2015 3:04 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

lf1 Apr 15th 2015 3:48 pm

Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you are on the mend

curleytops Apr 15th 2015 3:57 pm

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

dunroving Apr 15th 2015 4:59 pm

Hi All:

Just spotted this. I have been lurking a bit here and there but not really posting much lately.

It's not as bad as it sounds. At the same time as people were on here posting about celebrating St. Patrick's Day, I was over in Northern Ireland visiting a friend. On the way from Belfast Airport to my friend's house near Strangford Lough, her car was hit at high speed by a big white van, driven by someone who was over 3 x the legal limit (so drunk he had been kicked out of the pub, in fact). He came out of nowhere, driving at about 40 mph down a one-way street (the wrong way) and slammed into my side of the car. Luckily, he hit the engine compartment, which was completely smashed to pieces, otherwise it could have been a different story.

Anyway, long story short, after being strapped up and taken in an ambulance all the way back to Belfast to A&E (what an experience that was - welcome to NHS Northern Ireland style), I was discharged the next day and have been recovering since. No major broken bones (except a few cracked ribs), just what you'd expect from a high-speed collision (neck, chest, ribs, head, etc. felt like they'd been kicked by a horse). The main thing is that after 4 weeks I still get splitting headaches most of the time and get a right crick in the neck if I sit at a computer for too long. Few other things but thankfully my good looks weren't damaged - thank goodness the 13-year old air bags and seat belts in her car worked. ;)

Anyway, I was a bit surprised to see this thread but appreciate all the kind comments. I'm back at work and will try to post a bit more on here again once I can dig myself out from the huge backlog of emails!

rebs Apr 15th 2015 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 11619690)
Hi All:

Just spotted this. I have been lurking a bit here and there but not really posting much lately.

It's not as bad as it sounds. At the same time as people were on here posting about celebrating St. Patrick's Day, I was over in Northern Ireland visiting a friend. On the way from Belfast Airport to my friend's house near Strangford Lough, her car was hit at high speed by a big white van, driven by someone who was over 3 x the legal limit (so drunk he had been kicked out of the pub, in fact). He came out of nowhere, driving at about 40 mph down a one-way street (the wrong way) and slammed into my side of the car. Luckily, he hit the engine compartment, which was completely smashed to pieces, otherwise it could have been a different story.

Anyway, long story short, after being strapped up and taken in an ambulance all the way back to Belfast to A&E (what an experience that was - welcome to NHS Northern Ireland style), I was discharged the next day and have been recovering since. No major broken bones (except a few cracked ribs), just what you'd expect from a high-speed collision (neck, chest, ribs, head, etc. felt like they'd been kicked by a horse). The main thing is that after 4 weeks I still get splitting headaches most of the time and get a right crick in the neck if I sit at a computer for too long. Few other things but thankfully my good looks weren't damaged - thank goodness the 13-year old air bags and seat belts in her car worked. ;)

Anyway, I was a bit surprised to see this thread but appreciate all the kind comments. I'm back at work and will try to post a bit more on here again once I can dig myself out from the huge backlog of emails!

What an awful experience - hope you feel better soon and the headaches subside.

michali Apr 15th 2015 5:53 pm

Oh goodness, dunroving, that sounds awful! Glad you are recovering but it is obviously going to take time. Take care.