A few piccies of UK...

Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:41 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few piccies of UK...

Originally Posted by wombat42
Walking through ugly moor depressing wastland in a freezing blizard sure beats the sun, sand and surf of the gold coast anyday.
I think it's sad when someone thinks a place can only be great if the sun is shining and it's a beach. The landscape of that picture is beatiful as it is, and it doesn't need sun or sand to make it that.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:05 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by kendodd
The reason he wants to live in the Uk is to escape the a Aussie press and the enormous pay check for playing County Cricket over there. The Aussie press and public criticises his off field behaviour such as cheating on his wife
and he is losing sponsers in OZ because of it. He believes that over in the Uk he can behave however he wants and the press, public and sponsors will turn a blind eye.

Last edited by wombat42; Sep 29th 2005 at 11:20 pm.

Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:29 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
I think it's sad when someone thinks a place can only be great if the sun is shining and it's a beach. The landscape of that picture is beatiful as it is, and it doesn't need sun or sand to make it that.
So why do you live in Florida is'nt that the state known for the sunny weather and beaches.

Last edited by wombat42; Sep 29th 2005 at 11:35 pm.

Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:33 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Have you ever left WA and been to places like Tasmania, The great ocean road, the Victorian Alps, The Whitsundays. Beacause if you had you would see OZ has scenery if not equal to , better then the UK.
I am in WA at the moment but i was born and bred in Sydney, seen what Australia has to offer. I was in the British army for 9 years, where i travelled to other various countries. So yes i have seen a good part of the world, how about you ? P.S Must get my own Nickname,just so you know this is Emzee husband talking to you Wombat42.You may not of seen any of the things i have put down when you are out surfing but what i am getting at is that there are planty of people in the uk that go swimming in the sea in the uk me included just a bit sick of your close minded look at things you are one of these people that think australia is the best place on earth and as a aussie i am telling you that in my eye's it is not i have seen alot better places on this earth than oz.And how many times have you left Australia in your 30 years here.

Last edited by Emzee; Sep 30th 2005 at 12:21 am.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:36 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

l have been swimming and surfing in the beaches of OZ for 30 years and have never even seen a shark, blue ring octopus or stone fish. The rivers with crocs and beaches closed half the year are in the far north of the country where few people live.
And the other half of the year it is too bloody cold to go swimming
Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:37 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

So why do you live in Florida is'nt that the state known for the sunny weather and beaches.
Didn't choose this state, the dh's job brought us here. Would gladly live a bit further north for a change of seasons.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pic's..
I will have to hunt some of mine out this weekend
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:46 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Some great pictures - the William Wallace one really made me homesick, and a couple of the Oz ones also reminded me of Scotland.

Thanks to those of who are trying to spread some good cheer!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:05 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
Why does it seem to bother you that there are alternative views on a situation, you asked why did I come on this section of the website, why indeed do most of you go on the other sections spreading negativity???? about the countries your living in

Mark, it's not about freedom of speech, or being "bothered" by people with different viewpoints. It certainly doesn't bother me that you have a different viewpoint than me. It just irritates the heck out of me that you choose to express your opinion in inappropriate threads and in an inappropriate manner. Maybe that's exactly what you want, Maybe you get your jollies out of feeling that you've touched the lives of people thousands of miles away in a negative way.

It's about common decency, and recognizing when and where certain behaviors are just, well, antisocial. I can't stand modern jazz, but (a) I can appreciate that other people do like it and feel happy for them, and (b) I don't go to jazz concerts just to shout "BOOOOO!!!! CRAP!!!!" when the audience is applauding and obviously having fun. You just seem to get so much joy out of deliberately pissing people off. It's just so immature.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 2:58 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Heres a slum...

Except this one is in Washington DC.

Funny really how people seem to think the only place in the world to have run down inner city places is the UK. I used to live in the beautiful Yorkshire Wolds with the just as gorgeous Whitby Coast and North York moors a short hop away. Now I live in a land of strip malls and 6 lane roads all snarled up with constant traffic jams. We have some of the best beaches in the world in Florida with warm seas all year round...except people keep getting eaten by sharks, stung by jelly fish and drowned in the rip currents.

I think the only two people on this thread that need a reality check are WildMark and Wombat. Theres good and bad in every country in the world.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 5:08 am
Back in Uk and loving it

There you go some nice photos of Rocking ham beach WA,two on a good day and two on a shit day today 30/09/2005,see wombat42 we get shit day's on the beach here as well as the UK nice gray water there m8. P.S and when it is a nice sunny hot day on the beach in OZ you better make sure you were plenty of sun block as Australia has one of the highest cases of skin Cancer not the highest in the world .
Attached Thumbnails A few piccies of UK...-picture-085.jpg   A few piccies of UK...-picture-083.jpg   A few piccies of UK...-picture-119.jpg   A few piccies of UK...-picture-120.jpg  
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:19 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Walking through ugly moor depressing wastland in a freezing blizard sure beats the sun, sand and surf of the gold coast anyday.

wombat...you know nothing about the history of saddleworth moor do you?Shame...!!

and boy you don't half exaggerate...have you ever been to the UK?of course Oz has noooooooooooo ugly depressing places....!!

I used to love watching where my baby daughter played so long as the all the syringes had been picked up.....funny but it wasn't in the bleak dismal UK it was in the sunny, dream world Australia....but you know good and bad in each country eh!!!!! as we keeppppppppppp on saying...!!blah blah blah..

cheer up Wombat looks like Shane is on his way back...har bloody har...to save his marriage..!!god if I was his wife I would emigrate...perhaps to the UK..!! she could meet all the bits of fluff he had the flings with then eh!!!Bet your really proud of him!!!!!and lets not forget that sneaky fag episode....I hope his wife shows him the door!!

Last edited by Pants; Sep 30th 2005 at 6:34 am.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Heres a slum...

Except this one is in Washington DC.

Funny really how people seem to think the only place in the world to have run down inner city places is the UK. I think the only two people on this thread that need a reality check are WildMark and Wombat. Theres good and bad in every country in the world.
Sure is if you took out the american landmark that could be anywhere in sydney or melbourne, and outback you would need to post a pic of the thirdworld to compare to that poverty.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by baggie
its a classic place full of fun and we cudnt find anywhere like it in perth....
Now come on, I live next door to Blackpool and its an absolute HOLE!!!!

It might be a great place to visit for the day, but you would not want to live there, I supply the a lot of the Schools with photocopiers and it's one of the most depressed, under funded towns in England they have a 'way above average' teen pregnancy rate and the hoodies 'rule the roost' the police chifes own words in the paper last week.

But hey if you want to think that, great!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Now now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.