Yes
57.35%
No
42.65%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

....do you trust the UK police?

Old Jan 18th 2014, 2:09 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ....do you trust the UK police?

Originally Posted by chris955
Exactly why I wrote 'just like those in other jobs'.
my point also was that folks see (or get hung about) people in certain roles or jobs as either a 'good cop - bad cop' to even putting some of them on a pedestal.

I see everyone the same, in or out of uniform - just people they are, that eat, sleep & shite just like the next person, then when the 'pop the clogs' day comes - six months later you may hear 'what was that persons name again'

The media really do (frustratingly) mind boggle at times. The good thing is I can choose to look, listen or see it & more importantly switch it off & ignore it all.

Time is best spent not thinking or worrying about any of it by focusing on the positive of the good & family around me.

As for whinging poms ....

Last edited by not2old; Jan 18th 2014 at 2:15 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 6:44 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
my point also was that folks see (or get hung about) people in certain roles or jobs as either a 'good cop - bad cop' to even putting some of them on a pedestal.

I see everyone the same, in or out of uniform - just people they are, that eat, sleep & shite just like the next person, then when the 'pop the clogs' day comes - six months later you may hear 'what was that persons name again'

The media really do (frustratingly) mind boggle at times. The good thing is I can choose to look, listen or see it & more importantly switch it off & ignore it all.

Time is best spent not thinking or worrying about any of it by focusing on the positive of the good & family around me.

As for whinging poms ....
Yes, there is good and bad in every walk of life. The overwhelming majority of cops would be good and do things the right way. Definitely focus on the positives, just look at some of the comments on this very thread to see how negative some people are.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 6:56 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there is good and bad in every walk of life. The overwhelming majority of cops would be good and do things the right way. Definitely focus on the positives, just look at some of the comments on this very thread to see how negative some people are.
You've had your share of whinges about QLD cops giving speeding tickets for breaking the law because you don't agree, and at the end of the day you were breaking the law.

When you've been on the receiving end of corrupt cops trying to cover their arses having smashed down your front door, turned your house upside down and left it like that - had your son come home and find it, I'm sure you'd only have nice things to say about them too
Old Jan 18th 2014, 7:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

For what it's worth ....

Apart from in a previous job back in the 70's, my dealings with the Police over the years have been few and far between, thankfully.

However those dealings have always been unsatisfactory. The time that my offices were broken in to and the security guard got the car reg and called the Police and they did ..... nothing. We complained, and all they did was send a DI around with the sole intention of talking us out of making a complaint. they never addresses the real issue, because they were not interested

Like when the people in a house next door to my friend were away and they heard a noise. They phoned the police, and the police told him to go around there himself to see if he could see anyone breaking in!

Their complete lack of interest when we were burgled, and their haste to pop around and get all the paperwork issued so they could move on to the next thing

I wont even go into when I worked for a Government department who worked with the Police from time to time. After the job they would get drunk in the office and then drive off in a very bad state.

So it's not so much mistrusting them as a whole, it's not really trusting them to do the job properly when you need them to
Old Jan 19th 2014, 5:53 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You've had your share of whinges about QLD cops giving speeding tickets for breaking the law because you don't agree, and at the end of the day you were breaking the law.

When you've been on the receiving end of corrupt cops trying to cover their arses having smashed down your front door, turned your house upside down and left it like that - had your son come home and find it, I'm sure you'd only have nice things to say about them too
Not just QLD cops, the obvious revenue raising by Australian forces is galling to say the least, even our cop friends have no time for the Highway Patrol. When you get a ticket for a few k's over on a deserted highway in good conditions you do wonder about the priorities. Yes technically I was breaking the law but there should be some commonsense involved.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 10:32 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
For what it's worth ....

Apart from in a previous job back in the 70's, my dealings with the Police over the years have been few and far between, thankfully.

However those dealings have always been unsatisfactory. The time that my offices were broken in to and the security guard got the car reg and called the Police and they did ..... nothing. We complained, and all they did was send a DI around with the sole intention of talking us out of making a complaint. they never addresses the real issue, because they were not interested

Like when the people in a house next door to my friend were away and they heard a noise. They phoned the police, and the police told him to go around there himself to see if he could see anyone breaking in!

Their complete lack of interest when we were burgled, and their haste to pop around and get all the paperwork issued so they could move on to the next thing

I wont even go into when I worked for a Government department who worked with the Police from time to time. After the job they would get drunk in the office and then drive off in a very bad state.

So it's not so much mistrusting them as a whole, it's not really trusting them to do the job properly when you need them to
for every bad situation there is likely ten good ones

Slackers or folks that drop the ball who don't give a shite can be found in every walk of life or profession & I'll bet if you look around you'll see folks you work with that you could label one or two similar to a bad cop.

when bad is bad consider those 'bad cops' in medical care, the revenue agency folks (HMRC) the list goes on.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Not just QLD cops, the obvious revenue raising by Australian forces is galling to say the least, even our cop friends have no time for the Highway Patrol. When you get a ticket for a few k's over on a deserted highway in good conditions you do wonder about the priorities. Yes technically I was breaking the law but there should be some commonsense involved.
This reminds me of a drive from Adelaide back to Melbourne where I lived for some years. I had reached a long downhill straight stretch of road near Keith where you can see the road for miles, and with no traffic whatsoever, I decided to put my foot down as so many drivers do.

However in the distance perhaps a mile away, I saw something pop out of the scrub, and dart back in again. Being intrigued I slowed down to take a look, and was surprised to see a police car hiding away. It must have been a police officer looking out and darting back hoping for a likely speeding victim, not a wild animal as I expected. No doubt they were wild not to catch me speeding!

Last edited by aries; Jan 19th 2014 at 10:58 am.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 12:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

for every bad situation there is likely ten good ones

Slackers or folks that drop the ball who don't give a shite can be found in every walk of life or profession & I'll bet if you look around you'll see folks you work with that you could label one or two similar to a bad cop.

when bad is bad consider those 'bad cops' in medical care, the revenue agency folks (HMRC) the list goes on.
Thats not the point. The point is that as Police Officers they also have a duty to set a good example and not be above the law. That's what Police Officers seemed to do when I was young. These days, in my general experience, they are arrogant and unhelpful towards the public. I have lots of friends who think the same. So yes, you're right, there are lots of good as well as bad, but unfortunately those bad elements sully the reputation of the many
Old Jan 19th 2014, 1:22 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Thats not the point. The point is that as Police Officers they also have a duty to set a good example and not be above the law.
I disagree, that's because of the selfish me society that gets worse by the year - in every walk of life those you seemingly trust are no different than those that live next door to you or on benefits street.

Whats past is past & be sure the so called 'good old days' weren't good as you you want to believe as far as 'good cop bad cop', its just that the electronic media world we live in all that is bad including corruption as well as all the goings on that was once behind closed doors 50 years ago is now out in the open.

My bright alert 95 year old father in law swears that there was little to zero crime, murder, rape or corruption back in the 30, 40's & 50's ... Oh yeah I said too him!

Turn off the TV, don't listen to the radio, don't google the news or look at the trashy (in it for the advertising dollar) newspapers ... spend more time in the fresh air & with family. Worrying about, looking at all the fear-mongering will boil your blood vessels.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 1:45 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats not the point. The point is that as Police Officers they also have a duty to set a good example and not be above the law. That's what Police Officers seemed to do when I was young. These days, in my general experience, they are arrogant and unhelpful towards the public. I have lots of friends who think the same. So yes, you're right, there are lots of good as well as bad, but unfortunately those bad elements sully the reputation of the many
Another factor to take into account.The media is far more open and issues are
difficult to hide, if 1 journalist tows the line there is another willing to splill the beans.
I dont think Police officers were any better or worse, home politics were present
even when you and I were young.
To much admin and bureaucracy for the local bobby upto the Inspectors, as gone over the top, leading to IMO the implosion of an inkling of Common sense.
Alot of times its the little things...

The working Estates, that were built straight after the 2nd WW.
Had greens all over the place, where kids of all ages could play with each other.
Where the local bobby on the bike, stopped over and had a kick about with you.
Plus it was a way where older kids kept an eye on the younger kids.
These kids first years into town, rape wasnt on the agenda, lads had their eyes open.
Today these greens have been dug up, and a copper in a car asks the kids sitting on
the wall, 'What they think they are doing'.

Kids caught scrumping, got a clip around the ear, not a criminal charge.
ASBOs were warned off from local neighbours, with local police support.

Teachers and police were supported from parents, and not attacked, because their
little sibblings were being taught a lesson.
The brutes, bullies and rufians, were always there, but many changed and became good citizens, the unwritten laws of the street were embedded.

Sport /music ready available at all schools, bought all types together.
Areal unemployment, easy drugs on the street and in discos/nightclubs, and strange
to say the younger people cant take their alcohol like previous generations.
We drank 10-12 pints a session over the WE, and still played your sport.
One of my sisters and our female cousins could drink like a shoal of fishes,
But, but not once did you see them laying in the gutter.....

Oh god I'm becoming a grumpy ol man...I need a drink.
What I am trying to say we live in totally different times, and those quick changes
we have experienced, not even our societies can keep up, so why should the
Police and medical organisations be able to.Their members as children were/are
shown and presented with ever changing values, often corrupted from the political
Fraternity.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 2:00 pm

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree, that's because of the selfish me society that gets worse by the year - in every walk of life those you seemingly trust are no different than those that live next door to you or on benefits street.

Whats past is past & be sure the so called 'good old days' weren't good as you you want to believe as far as 'good cop bad cop', its just that the electronic media world we live in all that is bad including corruption as well as all the goings on that was once behind closed doors 50 years ago is now out in the open.

My bright alert 95 year old father in law swears that there was little to zero crime, murder, rape or corruption back in the 30, 40's & 50's ... Oh yeah I said too him!

Turn off the TV, don't listen to the radio, don't google the news or look at the trashy (in it for the advertising dollar) newspapers ... spend more time in the fresh air & with family. Worrying about, looking at all the fear-mongering will boil your blood vessels.
Spot on,
just I believe that rape as we experience now, was not on the agenda.
It hurts to say but though we have people who do care, it has become a selfish
me me society.The Banking / financial atrocities over 30 years underpin this.
Something I cant get out of my head, how Big brother and its ilk, and the aggresive
Soaps have become the mainstay of our TV, to me that reflects into our society.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 6:18 pm
Senior Moment

Just confirm that to me

You're saying that you dont think English Police should be setting an example to the people they are Policing????
Old Jan 19th 2014, 6:29 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by fuchs01
Spot on,
just I believe that rape as we experience now, was not on the agenda.
It hurts to say but though we have people who do care, it has become a selfish
me me society.The Banking / financial atrocities over 30 years underpin this.
Something I cant get out of my head, how Big brother and its ilk, and the aggresive
Soaps have become the mainstay of our TV, to me that reflects into our society.
in this 'lets live in debt or on credit' society, the woes of financial crisis & doom - no wonder some folks are so screwed up.

The police officer with debt, electronic toys, cyberspace media, pressure of work & working shifts, issues at home ... ready to snap at the blink of an eye having to deal with everyone like they are with the same set of issues.

The world has gone stark raving bonkers.

Feet up to relax, turn on the telly & what do you see ... its not the 4-6pm childrens hour, Andy Pandy or Noddy or family time - 'news flash' murder, welfare cheats, economic crisis, Middle East bombings, people killed.

Can you imagine what its doing to the young children. Sex & violence in every TV programme - teens get their heads screwed around with. Adults putting with up crap at work then crap at home. The circle of life goes on.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 6:35 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

in this 'lets live in debt or on credit' society, the woes of financial crisis & doom - no wonder some folks are so screwed up.

The police officer with debt, electronic toys, cyberspace media, pressure of work & working shifts, issues at home ... ready to snap at the blink of an eye having to deal with everyone like they are with the same set of issues.

The world has gone stark raving bonkers.

Feet up to relax, turn on the telly & what do you see ... its not the 4-6pm childrens hour, Andy Pandy or Noddy or family time - 'news flash' murder, welfare cheats, economic crisis, Middle East bombings, people killed.

Can you imagine what its doing to the young children. Sex & violence in every TV programme - teens get their heads screwed around with. Adults putting with up crap at work then crap at home. The circle of life goes on.
So do you trust UK police or not because I'm starting to wonder what you are going on about
Old Jan 19th 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
So do you trust UK police or not because I'm starting to wonder what you are going on about
Of course he does, so long as they havent watched any tv before they go on duty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.