COVID19

Old Mar 23rd 2020, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID19

We were told today at The Dialysis Clinic that, apart from trips in patient transport to the Clinic 3 mornings a week, we MUST remain at home.

Fortunately I have a retinue of admirers ready to do my shopping !
Old Mar 24th 2020, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

We were reasonably well stocked up to begin with as I've always made a point of filling the cupboards when I've had access to auto transport but the loo roll situation is starting to get me a bit edgy. Lots of wet wipes in the cupboard if need be. Online grocery ordering has been interesting but I've got delivery slots for this week and next. The orders are constantly being amended to plan around what's going out of stock and going to plan "B" as required. I prefer getting my meat from the local Co-op but I'm hearing that pickings are rather slim. I could murder a steak at the moment and hubby the chocaholic nibbled his way through the last of the chocolate covered Digestives the other day. I reckon we'll be "settling" for homemade beef barley soup and chocolate cake 😋. Thank goodness for our local green grocer and the milkman; they've not let us down.

Our town set up a network of volunteers offering to bring in shopping, prescriptions etc. for those who need it and apparently there are volunteers assigned to each neighbourhood. Our next door neighbour is a teaching assistant at a school for children with special needs so she's still working and out and about and she asked if there was anything we needed. At some point one of us will have to go out for necessities but ok just now.

With the colleges closing last Friday hubby is now home and frankly I'm very relieved. We're just taking the opportunity to do odd jobs we've been putting off and my Kindle's getting a good workout. I think we can all muddle our way through this by just exercising a bit patience, flexibility and resilience.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The population are now under effective house arrest ! "For the duration". Maybe we should revive that expression from the days of Vera Lynn ?
do you mean “There’ll be loo rolls over the white cliffs of Dover” ?
Old Mar 26th 2020, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

We spent 3 weeks in a small town just outside of Edinburgh looking after my wife’s sister after her open heart surgery. It has 2 “Scot-mid” coo-op stores and with the exception of toilet paper, hand sanitizer and eggs was well stocked each time we walked down to shop. There is a very large Sainsbury’s a few miles down the road that we drove to twice and it was the same story, very civilized, plenty of stock with the usual exceptions on toilet paper and sanitizer. The last time we visited was Saturday March 22nd and again no problem with buying what we needed. On Sunday we drove back down to Yorkshire and went shopping on Monday for ourselves and again all the shops were open, quiet and well stocked. We went into a chemist for something my wife needed and they were selling hand sanitizer and paracetamol, 2 bottles per customer.

Isolation now, I feel really sorry for folks stuck in apartments, at least we have a garden, plus we have lots of countryside right outside our door in which to take our daily exercise walk.

We have 2 friends here in their late 70’s who have confessed to breaking the curfew on the elderly every day by getting up at 6am, driving a short way to more remote spots and going for a walk, making sure they are home for breakfast before 8.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 10:06 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah my place is a second floor flat. I have a nice view out of the back, field, footpaths, and ancient oak trees and hedgerows. I have an allotment about three quarters of a mile away. I go out for about two or three hours, four mile footpath walk, and if I feel like it, maybe an hour on the allotment. If you’re in a flat you need more outdoor time than folks who have a garden.

Interesting that I’m seeing far more people out walking and cycling than I do in normal times (on the same paths.)
Old Mar 31st 2020, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I just heard that I have the coronovirus. Feeling better now than I did last week. See you all on the other side !
Old Mar 31st 2020, 2:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I just heard that I have the coronovirus. Feeling better now than I did last week. See you all on the other side !
I am sorry to read this Scot. I hope you have the mild version of the virus. We have a thread for those who have symptoms or have been diagnosed the virus...

https://britishexpats.com/forum/loun...s-only-931863/

take care and good luck.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 3:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger I hope you have someone to help you with things like shopping, and to check on you regularly to make sure you're still feeling ok. I hope this is just a blip for you and you're completely recovered very soon.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A retinue of admirers cater to my every whim and fancy.Off to Dialysis Clinic again tomorrow thanks to Scottish Ambulance Service who pick me up
Old Mar 31st 2020, 4:00 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

A retinue of admirers cater to my every whim and fancy.Off to Dialysis Clinic again tomorrow thanks to Scottish Ambulance Service who pick me up
Good to hear about your retinue - you may as well take a bit of advantage and ask them to peel you a few grapes Glad you're getting the support and care you need, hang in there mate.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Hope you have a speedy recovery and are feeling better.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thaaks from your old adversary
Old Apr 4th 2020, 2:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Rats!
Please get well soon you celtic curmudgeon you.
The same for all your family spread all around the world.
I'd like to read good things there when you have a mo.
Old Apr 4th 2020, 2:57 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Gah, missed this. Do please take care of yourself and keep us posted.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 2:26 am
Concierge

Scot, how are things going? Hoping you're still at home and are recovering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.