Conspiracies

Old Sep 27th 2020, 1:12 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conspiracies

Originally Posted by robin1234
Just started the article, the author invokes Norman Cohn’s Pursuit of the Millennium. Remember that book?
No, I failed to read that, sadly. I shall have to get that as well now. I'll read the article over my coffee though.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 1:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
He's a bit fed up with it though. There's too much of that sort of thing there, and it's a small town so difficult to find alternatives. He's thinking of transferring to Liverpool John Moores next year because people seem more cosmopolitan, he likes the bigger city, and, of course, girlfriend...
I reckon he'd love it. Scouse and I visited the John Moore campus quite often, the students are so diverse, so switched on and so much fun. Still plenty of shenanigans though, which is important I think

His girlfriend's from Birkenhead I think you've said? Dead handy to Liverpool, he could take the Ferry 'cross the Mersey every day.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 1:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I reckon he'd love it. Scouse and I visited the John Moore campus quite often, the students are so diverse, so switched on and so much fun. Still plenty of shenanigans though, which is important I think

His girlfriend's from Birkenhead I think you've said? Dead handy to Liverpool, he could take the Ferry 'cross the Mersey every day.
Good to hear. Girlfriend's doing law there and doing well after a false start at Portsmouth. The LL, a Chicago boy, could do with a bit of diversity. The students at Portsmouth are overall fine, but he finds the relentless resentful whiteness of the town, with the constant town vs gown sentiment, wearing.

I already played him the song She's living in Wallasey, so he would too.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 1:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear. Girlfriend's doing law there and doing well after a false start at Portsmouth. The LL, a Chicago boy, could do with a bit of diversity. The students at Portsmouth are overall fine, but he finds the relentless resentful whiteness of the town, with the constant town vs gown sentiment, wearing.

I already played him the song She's living in Wallasey, so he would too.
Even better that his girlfriend already studies there, sounds like a really good move for him.

Wallasey! Right next to New Brighton where we used to live. 15 minute train to Liverpool Central then a 10 minute walk to campus, perfect.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234
Just started the article, the author invokes Norman Cohn’s Pursuit of the Millennium. Remember that book?
Just read the article. Seems I really need to read the Cohn book. He appears to have been worryingly spot on.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 3:20 pm

Even better that his girlfriend already studies there, sounds like a really good move for him.

Wallasey! Right next to New Brighton where we used to live. 15 minute train to Liverpool Central then a 10 minute walk to campus, perfect.
Sounds good. A proper city.

OH has just made a new online boomerang friend there, too. He throws somewhere called The Dips.
Old Sep 27th 2020, 8:16 pm
Concierge

OH has just made a new online boomerang friend there, too. He throws somewhere called The Dips.
Indeed a proper city Gawd I miss it. Pity we weren't still living there, Little Lion could have had a couple of oldies to look out for him and cook him the occasional Sunday dinner.

I didn't know that boomerang throwing was an organised sport, and me being an Aussie - how embarrassment I know the Dips well, our goldie Murphy absolutely loved his walks there. We'd go early in the mornings, in winter the wind blowing in from the Irish sea was, er, refreshing!
Old Sep 28th 2020, 5:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know that boomerang throwing was an organised sport, and me being an Aussie -
Old Sep 29th 2020, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

While we are on conspiracies, what about that failed conspiracy to lock up Alex Salmond ? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/p...laims-22759039
Old Sep 29th 2020, 9:46 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

My late friend Wilson was from Wallasey, and the lovely Cathy is from Birkenhead - first class people. Tommy Boi from Prenton not so much, but we have all kinds, and he did bring my fishing tackle over.....