Coming to Scotland ?

Old Aug 5th 2019, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coming to Scotland ?

Leave the colonial mentality behind !

https://grousebeater.wordpress.com/2...8Qg9aCkLPatYY4
Old Aug 7th 2019, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming to Scotland ?

I thought about it but the crime rate is the highest of all the isles countries!
Old Aug 7th 2019, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

tricia52 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, yes we are moving to Scotland but cant find the best (easiest) way to move our stuff . Removal man or container or maybe another way? Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2019, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly
I thought about it but the crime rate is the highest of all the isles countries!
Depends how you interpret which statistics.
Here is a university based statistic about crime statistics in university towns in the UK.
This shows that for UK university towns, Stirling came 1st; Dundee came 2nd; Aberdeen came 3rd and Glasgow came 4th.
I have lived in Glasgow - one of the historical most violent cities in the UK - all my life and have never experienced any major criminal activity.
I have also worked in some of the most deprived areas in Scotland and have not experienced any particularly high levels of crime.
There are certain areas that I would avoid - as I would in any large town - and I would not visit certain areas in the evenings.
That would also apply in most countries of the world.
You can find relatively safe areas throughout the UK.
How safe is your city
You can also see the official crime statistics for Scotland here:
Scotland crime statistics
The increase figures for sexual crimes are due to better reporting to the police.

I would ensure that neither I not my OH would wear or carry valuables in London; Paris; Milan or Barcelona to name but a few large European cities.
HTH

Last edited by cyrian; Aug 8th 2019 at 2:58 pm. Reason: addition
Old Aug 9th 2019, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Cyrian, thankyou for this breakdown on the statistics. I was surprised to read that in france most murders are between spouses, considered domestic homicides! Anyway, we do behave the same in europe, ( I meanlike you for safety, not that we behave like the french) and stay clear of cities and stay in after dark even in less populated areas that seem risky.
So Scotland may be an option. It has some winning beauty and the clean air.
I wonder how long before the independence would happen?

Last edited by Nand; Aug 9th 2019 at 11:12 am. Reason: clarify