Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Originally Posted by happyglow
That sounds grim! Bet you won't be doing that again

Here, have some of my
Thank you, I needed that I just spend the morning walking around in a daze like one of those movies where an alien lands on earth and doesn't recognise anything. I am in bad shape
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

RChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Thank you, I needed that I just spend the morning walking around in a daze like one of those movies where an alien lands on earth and doesn't recognise anything. I am in bad shape
I have that feeling all too often! This song sums it up pretty well I find:

http://youtu.be/gJy_v19QK8U
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:14 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: The Collywobbles - going back this month!

I know how you feel ! I had a date of March 12th, but for various reasons I've had to delay a bit...it became March 19th and now I've just heard my passport might take a bit longer so now I'm looking at further towards the end of March, beginning of April.

I'm pulling my hair out and about to scream..LOL. I'm not working, so I don't have a job to keep my occupied. I was just waiting for my passport and then I was outta here ! The longer I stay, the more I end up using remaining US funds. Darn it!!

Now I just spend my time trolling You Tube for UK videos to make me even more homesick, hanging around this forum for friends to chat with...LOL.

Okay, so I'm sad and pathetic and if it wasn't 9.15am I'd have a very LARGE
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I know how you feel ! I had a date of March 12th, but for various reasons I've had to delay a bit...it became March 19th and now I've just heard my passport might take a bit longer so now I'm looking at further towards the end of March, beginning of April.

I'm pulling my hair out and about to scream..LOL. I'm not working, so I don't have a job to keep my occupied. I was just waiting for my passport and then I was outta here ! The longer I stay, the more I end up using remaining US funds. Darn it!!

Now I just spend my time trolling You Tube for UK videos to make me even more homesick, hanging around this forum for friends to chat with...LOL.

Oh come on, it has to be 5:00 pm somewhere in the world Hang in there, not long now. If it helps to know, I have at least 3 YEARS to go
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:28 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Oh come on, it has to be 5:00 pm somewhere in the world Hang in there, not long now. If it helps to know, I have at least 3 YEARS to go
Heck, never mind 5pm, it has to be midday somewhere....lol

I know...breathe....breathe....breathe......

Sorry luv... I know it's not that long in the grand scheme of things...so thanks for giving me that little nudge by mentioning your 3 year wait. But i will be there celebrating with the rest of us when you post that you're getting on the plane. In fact............we should all be at the airport to welcome you back
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Heck, never mind 5pm, it has to be midday somewhere....lol

I know...breathe....breathe....breathe......

Sorry luv... I know it's not that long in the grand scheme of things...so thanks for giving me that little nudge by mentioning your 3 year wait. But i will be there celebrating with the rest of us when you post that you're getting on the plane. In fact............we should all be at the airport to welcome you back
Wouldn't that be nice! But don't worry about me. Just having once of those days. Things are not so bad and just knowing I will be home one day keeps me going I do hope at least some of us will be able to meet up someday. It's been bantered about more than once, but once people get home they have to get on with their lives. It's nice when they pop in here once in a while to give an update though
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

March 19??????? Ohhh . . . not long now before you will be back home
Old Mar 8th 2013, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Oh crikey - my colleys weren't wobbling so much until I went and got the first batch of moving boxes today - now I'm a jelly again

A tip for those planning a move: remember to collect large items like moving boxes BEFORE you sell your car
Old Mar 8th 2013, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Oh crikey - my colleys weren't wobbling so much until I went and got the first batch of moving boxes today - now I'm a jelly again

A tip for those planning a move: remember to collect large items like moving boxes BEFORE you sell your car
Whoops - yes I am struggling with when exactly to get rid of the car. I don't want to leave it to late but want to have one most likely for all of March so I am going to have to finely time selling if I am leaving by mid April, yet another worry
Old Mar 8th 2013, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Whoops - yes I am struggling with when exactly to get rid of the car. I don't want to leave it to late but want to have one most likely for all of March so I am going to have to finely time selling if I am leaving by mid April, yet another worry
It's so hard to judge. I ended up selling early, as I just didn't know what the demand would be. I'd rather have to use the bus and shell out for the occasional taxi for an extra week or two than leave it too late and end up desperate to find a buyer.

I thought it would be more reassuring for potential purchasers too, to know I'd be around for a few weeks yet rather than just about to flee the country
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:11 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by windsong
March 19??????? Ohhh . . . not long now before you will be back home
I wish . But thanks to the passport issue it's been pushed back to April 2nd. But still not all that long in the grand scheme of things right?
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:20 am
Yorkshire Lass

Hi agree, my colly would be wobbling too....lol Those boxes always make things seem more real for some reason...the same as packing a suitcase.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:23 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by vikingsail
I wouldn't worry about the car because depending on what make, model and year of the car they usual sell fast, especially if you go on CraigsList, so leave that for the last week or two. If its an older model car, still in good working order and you're not desperate for any money you'd make if you sold it, there are organizations out there who are crying out for donated vehicles to give to those families and people who for whatever reason are unable to get a car of their own.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

I wish . But thanks to the passport issue it's been pushed back to April 2nd. But still not all that long in the grand scheme of things right?
Ooh, I think we land on the same day! I'll give you a cheery if somewhat frazzled wave from Harwich
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi agree, my colly would be wobbling too....lol Those boxes always make things seem more real for some reason...the same as packing a suitcase.
You're right.... reality is brown and vaguely cubic. Got my shiny new suitcase out too, seems to be the best place to put things I don't want accidentally shipped.

Is it whisky o'clock yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.