"Care in The Community"

Old Jul 12th 2020, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Care in The Community"

Large-style hospitals became unfashionable for use in long-term care 20 years ago. Allover the country these places were closed and the manta became "Care in the Community". A huge mistake in my opinion. Here is a look to one that served Edinburgh and the Lothians - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangou...v2rIdMjlS6ueE4
Old Jul 19th 2020, 3:17 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Care in The Community"

Originally Posted by scot47
Large-style hospitals became unfashionable for use in long-term care 20 years ago. Allover the country these places were closed and the manta became "Care in the Community". A huge mistake in my opinion. Here is a look to one that served Edinburgh and the Lothians - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangou...v2rIdMjlS6ueE4
It does look a bit like Colditz.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

They did have some imaginative middle names back then. The parents of Bangour Village hospital church designer, Mr & Mrs Tarbolton, must have pondered "what middle name shall we give to Harold" (aka Tarrybreeks), and came up with "Ogle".
Even better, Ogle apparently married Beatrice Gulland, whose parents decided on the middle name "Dudgeon"

Old Jul 19th 2020, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Tarbolton

I have passed many of his buildings, but knew nothing of him until today.

mashaAllah ! ما شاء الله‎

(Presbyterians are not supposed to use these Islamic exclamations. I do it all the time. God will forgive me, that is His job!)

Last edited by scot47; Jul 19th 2020 at 10:44 am.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

That's my part of the country. Lived just across the road in Knightsridge and used to walk my dog in the grounds of the hospital. Fascinating buildings but unfortunately you couldn't get in for a nosey. Some are in a really poor state of repair as well. There was talk a while back of Cala Homes or one of the posher companies turning it into an exclusive estate but nothing has came of that.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 10:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Herrison House.

The notion was that if a person went in there for whatever reason, they never came out . Before there one was sectioned to St Anne's.

MrBEVS used to do assorted maintenance and plumbing work at the assorted 'Care in the Community' units that sprang up around the area. Some were a little more open than others but afaik , most were not in the community as such. It was that the buildings were within a community. Many were secured units with all the attending safeguards in place & they needed to be.