Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

"The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

"The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "The Bull" - the UK forum's very own, very British, pub

Originally Posted by bluenose123
Bloody good job I am in the bar having a discussion with my mates about sport, well, football.
If you "upper crust" people in the lounge had to kill an animal yourself just
to eat meat, could you do it?.
This is a serious question, so honest answers please.
I know my answer - no, I couldn't - and wouldn't.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
I know my answer - no, I couldn't - and wouldn't.
I don't even like meat, I only eat it to be sociable.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:01 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody good job I am in the bar having a discussion with my mates about sport, well, football.
You're supposed to play football not talk about it.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Noooo thats one reason why pubs exist, so we can talk about football! Specially in a week where one's team has proved they really do know what the net at the end of the pitch is for

(apologies to any Huddersfield fans, we just love getting high scores aginst Yorkshire teams )

Pint before bed please, barperson
Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose123 will become famous soon enough

Too old.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:25 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we butchered our own meat hens one year and they were delicious. I was a bit worried about the children, they insisted on being there for the whole thing, but they ate the meat and talked about how delicious it was for a long time.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

no
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by windsong
No, I haven't seen that film. I ought to see if I can find it, though. I do eat ground beef because I make spaghetti (quick and easy when I am working) but I am going to eat less of it in future. I also like to make chili in the winter, too. I just don't trust what is on the counters these days. I always buy meat fresh, though. I try to buy it from a butcher if I am close to one but, if not, it's from a supermarket. I NEVER eat frozen meats of any kind - no TV dinners, no frozen burgers, no processed meats and no smoked meats.

I do eat chicken but only from the butcher and if it is from the supermarket, only Amish chicken that has no chemicals, solutions, preservatives in it.

One thing I do miss from the UK even from 30 years ago is all the fresh fish we ate

I am even dubious about pet foods. I never ever buy pet food from the supermarket. That's where all the dangerous ingredients from "foreign lands" is to be found. I also never buy my pets low grade food from the pet store. The wet food they eat is $2.60 a can but it is human grade food. But what does "human grade" mean these days when our own human food is littered with horsemeat The horsemeat thing is just disgraceful!

First of all, we had to accept food pumped with hormones - and now horsemeat!

I need to get hold of my "Moosewood Restaurant" cookbooks again - delicious vegetarian dishes!!!!
For anyone venturing back , or already in the UK, do order from ''www.regalfish.co.uk'' - Fantastic Quality. Delivered fresh to the door.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:50 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey. It's Friday and no one's up the pub yet!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:53 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey. It's Friday and no one's up the pub yet!
I'm getting my glad rags on as I type Get mine in .... I'll have a glass of Merlot.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I'm getting my glad rags on as I type Get mine in .... I'll have a glass of Merlot.
Sorry it's still lunchtime here and I have to take my car for its Aircare test, but I'll join you for a pint of Theakstons later....
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:08 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Almost bedtime for me in Italy ...... only because the bastard schools are still open Saturday mornings here, but what the heck .................. chuck me a bedtime Baileys. Chilled - no ice - don't kill it with water.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:11 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the mood for a nice martini. Gin, with a twist, on the rocks. Is that available here or do I have to go to the lounge for a "posh" drink. Oh, and hold the caviar, I'll have a packet of dry roasted nuts. How sophisticated am I?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:19 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I'm in the mood for a nice martini. Gin, with a twist, on the rocks. Is that available here or do I have to go to the lounge for a "posh" drink. Oh, and hold the caviar, I'll have a packet of dry roasted nuts.
How sophisticated am I?[/
Just pretending to be ..............
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Originally Posted by lf1
I'm in the mood for a nice martini. Gin, with a twist, on the rocks. Is that available here or do I have to go to the lounge for a "posh" drink. Oh, and hold the caviar, I'll have a packet of dry roasted nuts.
How sophisticated am I?[/
Just pretending to be ..............
Jesus Mary and Joseph, I fecked up those quotes. No more Baileys for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.