Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:46 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch

I can't wait until the last episode. I hope it isn't a disappointment. There was a 3 part drama recently (so memorable I can't remember name!) that the ending was dire and I was really upset that I had wasted my time watching it.

Roll on next week. I have a funny feeling it is Ellie's husband, he looks very similar from a distance from the bald guy arrested. Just a feeling mind you.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:47 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
I can't wait until the last episode. I hope it isn't a disappointment. There was a 3 part drama recently (so memorable I can't remember name!) that the ending was dire and I was really upset that I had wasted my time watching it.

Roll on next week. I have a funny feeling it is Ellie's husband, he looks very similar from a distance from the bald guy arrested. Just a feeling mind you.
Arrghhh spoilers !!!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:49 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Arrghhh spoilers !!!
Sorry, that isn't giving much away - I just didn't think.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:51 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, that isn't giving much away - I just didn't think.
It's okay..just teasing !
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:54 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=WhoFan63;10662131]
Originally Posted by Cardienscarf

The perfect environment then !
I was fine with it until my niece posted a pic on FB of her in sunny Spain
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:58 pm
Yorkshire Lass

[QUOTE=Cardienscarf;10662154]

I was fine with it until my niece posted a pic on FB of her in sunny Spain
I have a friend who lives in Boulder..and I just saw the pic he posted on FB about the snow. Don't worry - it will soon be sunny there too..
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Who watched it last night? (Episode 7 with the finale next Monday).

(If you haven't - I promise there isn't a spoiler below!)

I'm very impressed with Pauline Quirke; when I was a child I used to watch her in the 'Double Deckers' Saturday morning TV programme. Then in the 80s she was in the comedy series 'Birds of a Feather'. However, I didn't realise she could act in a more serious role.

I still haven't a clue who killed Danny - I'm now wondering if his school friend pushed him off the cliff?

Anyway - there is a review of last night's episode in today's 'Independent' newspaper - but be warned, there are spoilers!

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/...s-1-episode-7/
That actress is brilliant! If you can manage to convey so much without saying a word (as in the interrogation scene) you are a master at your craft.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:18 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=WhoFan63;10662165]
Originally Posted by Cardienscarf

I have a friend who lives in Boulder..and I just saw the pic he posted on FB about the snow. Don't worry - it will soon be sunny there too..
And then I'll be complaining about it being hot and dry.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

For those who are interested..the Broadchurch soundtrack is available as of today
Make sure you also check out The Syndicate, season 2, before it goes away. Love it! Season 1 (not available) was apparently a whole other set of characters, and the next will be others. I rather like the ones they have now. Wish they could come up with a spin-off for them
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:56 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Well I've just watched Broadchurch and I can't WAIT for next weeks final episode. Hopefully everything will become so much more clearer. I hope !!!

I'll try to watch out for The Syndicate, it sounds like it's a good show.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:56 pm
Yorkshire Lass

[QUOTE=Cardienscarf;10662211]

And then I'll be complaining about it being hot and dry.
Well we can't be happy all the time !
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:31 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Broadchurch

It's the final episode tonight!

I still can't think of who the murderer might be.....but could it be the husband of the detective?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Englishmum
It's the final episode tonight!

I still can't think of who the murderer might be.....but could it be the husband of the detective?
That's my thought too. Going to have to stay off Facebook in the morning as I know lots of friends and family watch it.

Another good drama started on Friday night. 3 parter, Icecream Girls. First episode was quite good I thought.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's my thought too. Going to have to stay off Facebook in the morning as I know lots of friends and family watch it.

Another good drama started on Friday night. 3 parter, Icecream Girls. First episode was quite good I thought.
Anyone you might think of it probably isn't

I watched Icecream Girls too. Looks very promising. Did you see Unforgiven? Also a 3-part series. They have all 3 up but look for it soon as I don't know how much longer it will be there. Excellent.

Will be another episode of The Syndicate soon too
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:24 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Anyone you might think of it probably isn't

I watched Icecream Girls too. Looks very promising. Did you see Unforgiven? Also a 3-part series. They have all 3 up but look for it soon as I don't know how much longer it will be there. Excellent.

Will be another episode of The Syndicate soon too
Unforgiven is quite an old one, think it's back on ITV player due to Scott and Bailey being back on the air. It's a good series and I think Suranne Jones is an extremely underrated actress.

The Syndicate is Tuesday night, or Wednesday breakfast for me!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.