Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Dec 11th 2014, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by Lorac05
Apparently they were asked about this by the producers and they were amenable to the airing when it has due apparently to the fact that she is in it for only a small way and wasn't really her story.
It's good to hear that they considered their feelings.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 9:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Latest episode of The Fall tonight.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 12:28 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Yee Haa! (I'd forgotten)
Old Dec 12th 2014, 5:02 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you big liar, you have gotten me in so much trouble now. There I was promising the last episode of the Fall, but it is not tonight. Now I have a very disappointed missus. and all I can do is say its the fault of someone on the internet.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 5:08 am
He/him

So I think I have it worked out now.
BBC shows it on a Thursday, but I get the Irish screening on the earlier Sunday, you may have thought it was the last episode as season one had five episodes, but this season has six. RTE seems to have the last episode scheduled for the 17th or the 13th depending on the source.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10352579/

Last edited by kimilseung; Dec 12th 2014 at 5:21 am.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Oh you big liar, you have gotten me in so much trouble now. There I was promising the last episode of the Fall, but it is not tonight. Now I have a very disappointed missus. and all I can do is say its the fault of someone on the internet.
Bristol said latest, not last
Old Dec 12th 2014, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
I don't think you have been paying attention.

We were told -- I think it was in ep 3 -- that Tony had previously beaten up a work colleague of Emily's, because he was jealous. He had paid compensation to the man to avoid prosecution, abetted by Emily's father. Emily had not been told about the incident. Tony's history of violence was passed on by the British police and resulted in him being investigated as a suspect by the French police. When Emily was told, she was furious.

That is not what I'd call a strong marriage.
Really? This is the wife who lied for her Tony after he killed Ian Garrett and continues to stand by him!
Old Dec 12th 2014, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
Whatever!

I admit I have difficulty with Emily's character. If I'd discovered that my husband had beaten up my friend, who had then been paid off by my own father, and I hadn't been told, I would have been more than furious. I'd feel betrayed by my father, who should have told me, I would leave my husband then and there, and it would also make him a suspect for my missing son.
I have to ask: Why are you watching it? You would obviously rather find fault than enjoy it?

I have found it completely intriguing from the start. It has really sparked my curiosity. Every episode I am questioning who is involved in the child's disappearance and what has happened to him.

I too find the wife's new beau-cum-detective particularly creepy and have been questioning whether he might be involved in this somehow... or perhaps that is what we are being led to believe. I am always left wanting more at the end of each episode. For me, that is the sign of a very good show.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Another excellent show! I only hope that when "The Missing" and "The Fall" are over that there will be something equally good to take their place. They have become my awaited Tuesday and Thursday viewings.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
Another excellent show! I only hope that when "The Missing" and "The Fall" are over that there will be something equally good to take their place. They have become my awaited Tuesday and Thursday viewings.
Well a new series of Broadchurch starts in January 2015 - following on from where the last one left off!! Looking forwards to that
Old Dec 12th 2014, 8:21 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

So so on The Missing but I love The Fall... Excellent TV. Finished it off today and immediately wish I could fast forward to the final episode!!!
Old Dec 12th 2014, 9:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
So so on The Missing but I love The Fall... Excellent TV. Finished it off today and immediately wish I could fast forward to the final episode!!!
I haven't watch any UK TV programs for the last couple of months...but I intend to begin to catch up tonight with The Missing.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Oh you big liar...There I was promising the last episode of the Fall, but it is not tonight....you may have thought it was the last episode
Um....

Originally Posted by rebs
Quite right.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:23 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by bandrui
I still have tons of stuff lined up that I've not got around to yet.

Just as I get to the point I might start watching a series I downloaded a few months ago - Happy Valley, Peaky Blinders, The Honourable Woman and so on, new seasons of things I know are a 'must see' are available (Lilyhammer, The Newsroom, The Fall) and I watch those instead. Along with a few movies of course.

Did everyone see Quartet?
Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:54 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by rebs
Good point, I cant even read. It must have been wishful thinking. (I wasn't even drunk)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.