Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Jun 20th 2014, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
It's called The John Thaw Story. Yes, I would ditch the cable. I bet you won't even miss it.
Thanks phs. I really enjoyed that. Quite moving.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

We've found the same thing too - nothing much to watch on the iplayer! Having said that, we did come across a documentary on John Thaw on ITV player that is worth watching if you were a fan of his.

Instead we've been exploring all the other viewing options we have: Netflix UK, Netflix US, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime. Still blows my mind that with all this we still pay a fraction of what we were paying to have cable.
Totally agree with you, we have our summer programs starting on cable which are all repeats! I think they presume customers are just plain stupid and cater to those who only want the sports! Last night surfing through the channels I found nothing except the last episode of Graham Norton which was from 2013! Luckily I have a few things on PVR recorded but would probably be healthier for me to just go outside and take a walk or garden on those nice summer evenings.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 5:51 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

At last, a break from footy and the upcoming tennis, "Love Your Garden" with Alan Titchmarsh starts a new series on Tues, 24 June @ 8 pm on BBC2
Old Jun 20th 2014, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

It's the same in the US mostly repeats so I have been watching Netflix Hulu and Acorn TV. The English didn't stay in the football for long. But I suppose they will show all the other teams playing even the US managed to move on, don't know what happened to England.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
It's the same in the US mostly repeats so I have been watching Netflix Hulu and Acorn TV. The English didn't stay in the football for long. But I suppose they will show all the other teams playing even the US managed to move on, don't know what happened to England.
Actually US have only played one match so far so not sure if they are going to move on just yet They have still to play Germany and Portugal and need to win one for those to ensure they move on to the 2nd round!! And yes all the world cup games are being shown on either BBC or ITV and some damn fine games there have been as well
Old Jun 20th 2014, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Larac05.... All my nephews in England are in a depressed state after the loss. I think the US played Ghana yesterday. I doubt they will win against Germany. I think one of the of US players hurt his ankle in the last game.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 8:13 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's called The John Thaw Story. Yes, I would ditch the cable. I bet you won't even miss it.
Just watched it. Have to agree with the comments about his amazing blue eyes. glad you mentioned it, otherwise I would have missed it.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 8:59 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

BBC2 is advertising a new programme - The Honourable Woman a spy thriller, starts Thur, 3 July, 8 parts. Doesn't look my cup of tea, but might appeal to some.

Last edited by lf1; Jun 20th 2014 at 9:04 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Just watched it. Have to agree with the comments about his amazing blue eyes. glad you mentioned it, otherwise I would have missed it.
Fascinating to learn about him losing his mum and how it impacted not only his life but his work. I think he must have used the most understated of method acting techniques during Morse. That is, without a doubt, one of the most complex characters to come from British TV.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
BBC2 is advertising a new programme - The Honourable Woman a spy thriller, starts Thur, 3 July, 8 parts. Doesn't look my cup of tea, but might appeal to some.
Mmm, will have to take a look. Thanks.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 8:47 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Fascinating to learn about him losing his mum and how it impacted not only his life but his work. I think he must have used the most understated of method acting techniques during Morse. That is, without a doubt, one of the most complex characters to come from British TV.
Loved him as Morse. I read his autobiography and also the biography by Sheila Hancock. I loved the fact that he, Sheila and his first wife managed to blend the family so well.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 9:02 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Slightly off topic. The stage play of "All Creatures Great & Small" is playing in the UK and this week it was in Edinburgh. I have been meaning to go all week, but other commitments have held me back, so yesterday morning I decided I would hot tail it up to Edinburgh to see the matinee performance. I loved it!!

I was a bit apprehensive about seeing it as I thought it would not be able to stand up to the TV series or the books, but it was thoroughly engaging. The stage set was great and they managed to do the performance without live animals, except for one, Mrs Pumphreys dog, Tricky Woo. To my delight Tricky was played by a Westie. I wanted to take him home!!

James Herriot was played by Oliver Mellor (I think) who was in Corrie. He played the young goth character a few years ago. I didn't know any of the other actors, but I thought they all did a splendid job, even the actor that played Sigfried Farnon. Robert Hardy is a hard act to follow. There were quite a few laughs, especially with the farmers.

If you are in the UK and like this kind of thing, I would highly recommend it.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lf1
Slightly off topic. The stage play of "All Creatures Great & Small" is playing in the UK and this week it was in Edinburgh. I have been meaning to go all week, but other commitments have held me back, so yesterday morning I decided I would hot tail it up to Edinburgh to see the matinee performance. I loved it!!

I was a bit apprehensive about seeing it as I thought it would not be able to stand up to the TV series or the books, but it was thoroughly engaging. The stage set was great and they managed to do the performance without live animals, except for one, Mrs Pumphreys dog, Tricky Woo. To my delight Tricky was played by a Westie. I wanted to take him home!!

James Herriot was played by Oliver Mellor (I think) who was in Corrie. He played the young goth character a few years ago. I didn't know any of the other actors, but I thought they all did a splendid job, even the actor that played Sigfried Farnon. Robert Hardy is a hard act to follow. There were quite a few laughs, especially with the farmers.

Sounds wonderful. I would have enjoyed that too.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1

If it was Oliver Mellor, he played the dishy Dr Matt Carter who famously had an off screen fling with Kym Marsh, ending her marriage to Jamie Lomas. What gets me about this write-up is that she (and apparently Corrie) is furious that he said something but evidently she did nothing wrong.

| Showbiz | Showbiz & TV | Daily Star. Simply The Best 7 Days A Week
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:14 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bandrui
If it was Oliver Mellor, he played the dishy Dr Matt Carter who famously had an off screen fling with Kym Marsh, ending her marriage to Jamie Lomas. What gets me about this write-up is that she (and apparently Corrie) is furious that he said something but evidently she did nothing wrong.

| Showbiz | Showbiz & TV | Daily Star. Simply The Best 7 Days A Week
It was Oliver Mellor. I had him confused with Richard Fleeshman who played Craig Harris.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.