British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/broadchurch-other-uk-tv-programs-792768/)

victorian67 Apr 4th 2013 11:13 am

Re: Broadchurch

Originally Posted by WhoFan63 (Post 10639232)
True...and don't forget he overlooks their house and is often seen standing in the doorway - creepy !!

Although the lady Detective's son has got some explaining to do...he deleted all the phone messages and files, so what's that all about???

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

I am definitely going to try and catch up to see what the son is up deleting phone messages and files like this, how dares he ;)

Karim

curleytops Apr 4th 2013 11:48 am

I got a bit distracted watching the first episode and never did get back to it I'm afraid. I'm thinking I might have to have a mooch around and try and catch up with it on youtube or something.

lf1 Apr 4th 2013 11:56 am

Originally Posted by curleytops (Post 10640001)
I got a bit distracted watching the first episode and never did get back to it I'm afraid. I'm thinking I might have to have a mooch around and try and catch up with it on youtube or something.

I wasn't too sure about the first episode, but I have now been drawn in and I am quite enjoying it.

WhoFan63 Apr 4th 2013 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by curleytops (Post 10640001)

You don't need to look on YouTube. As you're in the UK, all you need to do is go to www.itv.co.uk/iplayer and look for Broadchurch and it will let you catch up on all 5 episodes shown so far and then next Monday you can watch it live :D :thumbsup:

WhoFan63 Apr 4th 2013 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by victorian67 (Post 10639949)
Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

I am definitely going to try and catch up to see what the son is up deleting phone messages and files like this, how dares he ;)

Karim

:thumbsup:

It might be red herring to divert you from the real suspect but you never know.. :rofl:

curleytops Apr 4th 2013 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by WhoFan63 (Post 10640195)
You don't need to look on YouTube. As you're in the UK, all you need to do is go to www.itv.co.uk/iplayer and look for Broadchurch and it will let you catch up on all 5 episodes shown so far and then next Monday you can watch it live :D :thumbsup:

Great thanks I didn't even look on the player as I thought it would only be the latest episode that was left on there.

WhoFan63 Apr 4th 2013 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by curleytops (Post 10640725)
Great thanks I didn't even look on the player as I thought it would only be the latest episode that was left on there.

They have lots of 'catch up' episodes for all the different shows :) Thats why I like it so much.. LOL :)

WhoFan63 Apr 5th 2013 3:55 pm

Last night I found another good show...this time on Netflix and it's an oldie but a goodie. Monarch of the glen! I'd heard of it before, but never got around to watching it, so last night I watched 3 episodes back to back until I couldn't stay awake any longer.

Add to that the fun of chasing 3 huge spiders around the place, landing heavily on one knee as I was chasing one before it hid under the TV cabinet and ending up with a huge bruise...my night was pretty good ! So tonight I think I'm going to curl up and watch a few more episodes :D

lf1 Apr 5th 2013 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by WhoFan63 (Post 10642139)
Last night I found another good show...this time on Netflix and it's an oldie but a goodie. Monarch of the glen! I'd heard of it before, but never got around to watching it, so last night I watched 3 episodes back to back until I couldn't stay awake any longer.

Add to that the fun of chasing 3 huge spiders around the place, landing heavily on one knee as I was chasing one before it hid under the TV cabinet and ending up with a huge bruise...my night was pretty good ! So tonight I think I'm going to curl up and watch a few more episodes :D

I enjoyed that series too. Especially Hector and Kilwillie. I have just started watching The Village and The Syndicate on BBC. Quite enjoyable. Can't remember if I mentioned that the new series of Scott & Bailey started this week.:)

WhoFan63 Apr 5th 2013 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by lf1 (Post 10642151)
I enjoyed that series too. Especially Hector and Kilwillie. I have just started watching The Village and The Syndicate on BBC. Quite enjoyable. Can't remember if I mentioned that the new series of Scott & Bailey started this week.:)

Yes, I saw that The Village started last night...so hope I can watch it on my iplayer later today :)

I miss the late, great Richard Briers!!

northernbird Apr 5th 2013 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by WhoFan63 (Post 10638357)
Just a slight detour here....but has anyone else been watching Broadchurch on ITV??? I started watching it when I got 'Tunnelbear' and got hooked after the first episode. Apart from the fact I think David Tennant is the sexiest thing on two legs. LOL

So I've seen all 5 episodes so far and can't wait for next week to watch the next one. Any clues on who you think is the killer?? :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fantastic show. I saw Olivia Coleman interviewed about the show a couple of weeks ago. She was saying that the whole cast and crew didn't know who did it until the final episode. I have no idea who did it, still too many questions to answer.

fulwood Apr 5th 2013 4:42 pm

whofan - are you using Tunnelbear? hola.org which i use to watch ITV and BBC has issues in that can't access BBC so Hola for me is a waste of time. I think you said you pay $4.99 per month. Can you let me know? Also is it month to month? Just considering my options.. Only spend less than $9 bucks for Netflix per month.

WhoFan63 Apr 5th 2013 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 10642214)
Fantastic show. I saw Olivia Coleman interviewed about the show a couple of weeks ago. She was saying that the whole cast and crew didn't know who did it until the final episode. I have no idea who did it, still too many questions to answer.

True...and if the cast and crew didn't know then I guess we're going to have to wait until the end as well. :( I think there are either 3 or 4 more to go !

WhoFan63 Apr 5th 2013 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by fulwood (Post 10642228)
whofan - are you using Tunnelbear? hola.org which i use to watch ITV and BBC has issues in that can't access BBC so Hola for me is a waste of time. I think you said you pay $4.99 per month. Can you let me know? Also is it month to month? Just considering my options.. Only spend less than $9 bucks for Netflix per month.

Yes I use Tunnelbear :) I like it very much, because I can watch UK shows on BBC or ITV a few hours after they've been televised live, so it's almost like being there - ALMOST ! :rofl:

It is only $4.99 per month and month to month, the same as Netflix. The only difference is Netflix doesn't have the more up to date episodes as it takes a while for them to go onto Netflix, and they don't have the more newer UK shows.

Perth Apr 5th 2013 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by WhoFan63 (Post 10638357)
Just a slight detour here....but has anyone else been watching Broadchurch on ITV??? I started watching it when I got 'Tunnelbear' and got hooked after the first episode. Apart from the fact I think David Tennant is the sexiest thing on two legs. LOL

So I've seen all 5 episodes so far and can't wait for next week to watch the next one. Any clues on who you think is the killer?? :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ugh, I am going to have to download something on my computer to access this programme!!! But my computer didn't like the look of hola, and I've been nervous to try anything else. Tunnelbear you say, Whofan?

And I have just blown my screen and I am now plugged into the tv until I get another computer. Any recommendations on laptops that are good at streaming video?

Anyone see Spies of Warsaw? Was not overly impressed, but I hear really good things about Broadchurch so really impatient to see it.