Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old May 2nd 2013, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by northernbird
It didn't get good reviews so I am not going to bother with that one.
It's had very mixed reviews - some critics love it, others not so much. I personally though it was very good - mainly because they were all so OTT and enjoying themselves so much. I will definitely be watching it again.
Old May 2nd 2013, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know where I can watch the "new" version of Upstairs Downstairs online? I know I can probably find it on YouTube but the length of videos is generally limited there, unless you have been a member for a long time and acquired a certain standing.
Old May 3rd 2013, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Vicious tonight I am afraid I didnt like it perhaps its becaue I like murder mysteries I might have liked it if it had more to it but it was just focused on the two old geezers....
Old May 3rd 2013, 7:35 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

I watched Vicious last night and found it wonderful, so I'll definitely be watching again. Wasn't impressed with The Job Lot though, so that's one show I won't watch.
Old May 4th 2013, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

I think its so funny how two people can watch the same program and both come away with totally different views on it. I think I will watch Job Lot and let you know what I think of that.
Old May 4th 2013, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm truly behind the times... I'm just starting to watch Monarch of the Glen via Netflix. Really like it thus far..
Old May 4th 2013, 9:14 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Well I'm truly behind the times... I'm just starting to watch Monarch of the Glen via Netflix. Really like it thus far..
I loved that show. My favourite characters were Hector and Kilwillie.
Old May 4th 2013, 4:11 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

I've been watching it via Netflix too. I only have 6 episodes to go. I've enjoyed it.
Old May 15th 2013, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

SadInStates is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorac05
It's had very mixed reviews - some critics love it, others not so much. I personally though it was very good - mainly because they were all so OTT and enjoying themselves so much. I will definitely be watching it again.
I'm slowly getting into Vicious. Wasn't quite sure what to make of it at first and thought it was dreadful, but they are both actors I admire so have given it the benefit of doubt. Now I'm tuning into the humour it's getting better.

I was thoroughly confused with the Village because I thought I'd read somewhere that it was chronicalling the major events throughout the 20th century through Bert's eyes, and then it just dragged on and on through the first world war! I kept wondering when it was going to leap into the 1930s etc!
Old May 15th 2013, 10:30 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SadInStates
I'm slowly getting into Vicious. Wasn't quite sure what to make of it at first and thought it was dreadful, but they are both actors I admire so have given it the benefit of doubt. Now I'm tuning into the humour it's getting better.

I was thoroughly confused with the Village because I thought I'd read somewhere that it was chronicalling the major events throughout the 20th century through Bert's eyes, and then it just dragged on and on through the first world war! I kept wondering when it was going to leap into the 1930s etc!
Think they are keeping that for another series..
Old May 16th 2013, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to digress but posted on another forum but got no response. Anyone in US using anything other than TunnelBear? It was working fine but not can't get ITV. Can get BBC and Channel 4. Of course TunnelBear is telling me to reload which I did but no luck. Don't want to use expatshield as caused system errors and Hola doesn't have BBC1. So any other paid TV services out there for us expats? Thanks..
Old May 16th 2013, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to digress but posted on another forum but got no response. Anyone in US using anything other than TunnelBear? It was working fine but not can't get ITV. Can get BBC and Channel 4. Of course TunnelBear is telling me to reload which I did but no luck. Don't want to use expatshield as caused system errors and Hola doesn't have BBC1. So any other paid TV services out there for us expats? Thanks..
I'm having the same problem with ITV. Works sometimes, but not often. More often than not I have to watch through constant buffering. BBC is usually fine. Don't know of another service, sorry. Don't know what Windows you have but I have 8 and it won't load expat shield, although OH has it on his computer which is a dinosaur and still has XP. But it works great. Frustrating, aint' it?
Old May 16th 2013, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone watching The Suspicions of Mr Whicher? Victorian murder mystery starring Olivia Coleman from Broadchurch, and based on a true story apparently. It's on ITV, so, as per the last post, I am watching it in fits and starts

Last edited by Perth; May 16th 2013 at 1:10 am.
Old May 16th 2013, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Not to hog the thread or anything tonight - or to change the subject - well, ok I'm doing both, but I came across this photo and had to share. Don't know how many tv watchers here like the theatre, but this is on my bucket list for as soon as I get back!
Attached Thumbnails Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs-minacktheatre.jpg  
Old May 16th 2013, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I watched The Suspicions of Mr. Whitcher...not bad but I am not that keen on detective programs, of which there are plenty on ITV! I really prefer BBC programs. HideMyAss is an excellent VPN and watchuktv is very good too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.