Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:34 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It was screened in 2009...no idea if it's been repeated recently.
That is good to know, I was still in NA in 2009. I couldn't imagine how something could have escaped my beady eyes, on a Sunday morning, when I am scouring the TV Guide.

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Got it off the ITV player. But they have removed the 1st episode already and you have only a day or so for the rest
Too bad!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 11:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
That is what I should have done with "Broadchurch". I did lose a bit of interest in it as it seemed to drag in places. "The Politician's Husband" got a very good review (not that reviews are always credible) so I am hopeful that it will be enjoyable. It is written by same writer as the "The Politicians Wife"
I always save 2 and 3 part dramas before watching them...not always so easy when it's a full series of 6 or more episodes.

We watched the first episode of Broadchurch a few weeks ago...wasn't too thrilled with it so only got round to watching the second episode last weekend. Problem was the first episode was so forgettable that we couldn't get to grips with the second one. Being as almost everyone has posted that it is good we will try again...starting at episode 1.

Originally Posted by lf1
That is good to know, I was still in NA in 2009. I couldn't imagine how something could have escaped my beady eyes, on a Sunday morning, when I am scouring the TV Guide.

Too bad!
Do you get Netflix in the UK? If so it maybe available there.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:21 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I always save 2 and 3 part dramas before watching them...not always so easy when it's a full series of 6 or more episodes.

We watched the first episode of Broadchurch a few weeks ago...wasn't too thrilled with it so only got round to watching the second episode last weekend. Problem was the first episode was so forgettable that we couldn't get to grips with the second one. Being as almost everyone has posted that it is good we will try again...starting at episode 1.

Do you get Netflix in the UK? If so it maybe available there.
I am sure we do, but I don't think we have it. We only have the basic BT service and to be honest, I never find that I have to look beyond a couple of channels to find something to watch, so I have never looked at the pay channels.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I am sure we do, but I don't think we have it. We only have the basic BT service and to be honest, I never find that I have to look beyond a couple of channels to find something to watch, so I have never looked at the pay channels.
Netflix is not a TV channel...you subscribe monthly....no contract. Very reasonable rates and you have several packages to chose from. Lots of old TV series...films etc. The newer ones are on DVD...the older ones you can stream through your computer, Wii etc.

https://secure.netflix.com/us/mobile...D&locale=en-GB
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:33 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Netflix is not a TV channel...you subscribe monthly....no contract. Very reasonable rates and you have several packages to chose from. Lots of old TV series...films etc. The newer ones are on DVD...the older ones you can stream through your computer, Wii etc.

https://secure.netflix.com/us/mobile...D&locale=en-GB
Yes, I think we have a similar type of service with BT, but I have never checked it out.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still hanging in there with The Village. I really don't think it's that bad. Just saw all of season 1 of Gavin and Stacey on Netflix. That's the only season they have. BUT, just checked over at Amazon Prime and they have 2 & 3 as well It's brilliant! Anyone else seen it?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 10:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I'm still hanging in there with The Village. I really don't think it's that bad.
My heart sinks every time I see another episode's been aired. I don't know why I put myself through the torture of enduring more episodes.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

My heart sinks every time I see another episode's been aired. I don't know why I put myself through the torture of enduring more episodes.
I know it's terribly slow and does take itself terribly seriously, but there are some redeeming features, surely, otherwise why would we still be watching it
Old May 1st 2013, 12:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I know it's terribly slow and does take itself terribly seriously, but there are some redeeming features, surely, otherwise why would we still be watching it
Well I thought to myself...I've seen 2 episodes I may as well watch the last one. Then I find there's another episode the following week...thus it goes on and on.....
Old May 1st 2013, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

I downloaded it but havnt watched it yet. Not sure I want to waste my time on it. I did watch a small part of the first episode and didnt much care for it.
Old May 1st 2013, 3:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

The Village has been hard work but I have to carry on now to see what happens to them all. I love John Simm and Maxine Peake, fantastic actors who have made me want to tune in every week, despite the dire mood of the show.
Old May 1st 2013, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw "Vicious" with Ian McKellan and Derek Jacobi. Not too sure yet what to make of it.
Old May 1st 2013, 6:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
I just saw "Vicious" with Ian McKellan and Derek Jacobi. Not too sure yet what to make of it.
It didn't get good reviews so I am not going to bother with that one.
Old May 1st 2013, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I'm bit disappointed in it..
Old May 2nd 2013, 4:33 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fulwood
I know... I saw the ads and thought it looked like it was going to be funny. Missed the first showing, but it's on again tonight so will watch the first one and see how it turns out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.