Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by northernbird
Can't get on with Endeavour but (and don't shout!) I didn't like Morse either. Not a fan of John Thaw unfortunately
I loved John Thaw...but never watched Inspector Morse because to me he will always be Jack Regan from The Sweeney. I decided to watch the pilot of Endeavour because so many people raved about Ins Morse. Can't comment on the new series because I haven't seen it yet...but the pilot was good.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

that was the last episode
I know
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Well you can guarantee I'll be watching that..lol. I have the huge TV guide from out of Saturday's Sun, and I've gone through it and circled everything I want to watch..

I wish I could help with tunnelbear, but now that I'm here I don't use it, not even to watch US shows (now why would I do that? lol). You're using the [email protected] email address???

I see the mods have already changed the title of the thread....lol. Not bad considering I started it as a topic on Broadchurch.. Amazing how it grew and metamorphisised (however you spell that darn word). LOL
Yes, that's the email. Sent 3 now and nothing It works sometimes and there's no telling why it does or doesn't Will hang in there for now until I find something else.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:38 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
I know
I like that actress they focused on in the last episode, what a nasty piece of work her husband was. He must be a good actor too as I really hated him. She's married to the actor that played PC Phil Bellamy in Heartbeat in real life. Useless piece of trivia there!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I love The Syndicate...anyone catch the first series...it was screened last year? I think it has the edge on the 2nd series...probably because Timothy Spall was in it. Shame it's only 6 episodes.

Scott and Bailey is another good series. 2 women cops and their woman boss...some great one liners in there. Again watch the 2 previous series if you can. Endeavour...a young Inspector Morse. Haven't seen the new series yet but the pilot which was shown 16 months ago was good. The girl in the pilot is John Thaw's daughter...a great line in there when she says to young Morse something like...I think we have met in another world.
Wish they had the first series somewhere online. If you find it let me know. Will give Scott and Bailey a try. Love Morse but not liking the young one as much. Funny line from his daughter...it was like something out of the present Doctor Who
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I like that actress they focused on in the last episode, what a nasty piece of work her husband was. He must be a good actor too as I really hated him. She's married to the actor that played PC Phil Bellamy in Heartbeat in real life. Useless piece of trivia there!
Haven't seen that. Is that online somewhere?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

More useless trivia:

Think her husband in The Syndicate was once in Corrie. The father of the Harris family from Sheffield who were on a witness protection program. The daughter Katy...had an affair with Martin Platt. She murdered her father in Kevin's garage...I think. She's married in real life to Tyronne Dobbs aka Alan Hasall.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:53 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

More useless trivia:

Think her husband in The Syndicate was once in Corrie. The father of the Harris family from Sheffield who were on a witness protection program. The daughter Katy...had an affair with Martin Platt. She murdered her father in Kevin's garage...I think. She's married in real life to Tyronne Dobbs aka Alan Hasall.
No that's not him. Thomas Craig http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0186030/ played Tommy Harris in Corrie.

The actor that played her husband in the Syndicate was http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0905357/?ref_=tt_cl_t8
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Wish they had the first series somewhere online. If you find it let me know. Will give Scott and Bailey a try. Love Morse but not liking the young one as much. Funny line from his daughter...it was like something out of the present Doctor Who
I copied and pasted this from the pilot:

The harassed editor barely looks up from her desk until she asks him to repeat his name. Pausing momentarily, she says: ‘Have we met?’ When he says no and walks slowly to the door, she adds wistfully: ‘Another life then.’
As the director shouts ‘cut’, all eyes turn to actress Abigail Thaw. She,like everyone else on set, remains eerily silent, the poignancy of the scene that’s just been played out is unmistakable.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz2ROf4ef3R
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

No that's not him. Thomas Craig http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0186030/ played Tommy Harris in Corrie.

The actor that played her husband in the Syndicate was http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0905357/?ref_=tt_cl_t8
Correct thanks for that.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 4:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Correct thanks for that.
I'm a Corrie nut/saddo!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 4:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I'm a Corrie nut/saddo!
Me too. I know where I've seen him before...The Tudors.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 11:47 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch

Abracadabra....
I was really confused for a minute. It's over now though.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 11:49 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

that was the last episode
Nooooo. I thought there were going to be 8. I haven't watched it yet so now I have to make it laaaaast.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 11:52 pm

I love The Syndicate...anyone catch the first series...it was screened last year? I think it has the edge on the 2nd series...probably because Timothy Spall was in it. Shame it's only 6 episodes.

Scott and Bailey is another good series. 2 women cops and their woman boss...some great one liners in there. Again watch the 2 previous series if you can. Endeavour...a young Inspector Morse. Haven't seen the new series yet but the pilot which was shown 16 months ago was good. The girl in the pilot is John Thaw's daughter...a great line in there when she says to young Morse something like...I think we have met in another world.
I struggled with the first S&B of this series (not seen the previous series) but now I'm really enjoying it.

Am also really enjoying Endeavour, even though it took me falling asleep in front of the first one 4 nights in a row to get through it. Now I'm a fan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.