British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/broadchurch-other-uk-tv-programs-792768/)

Perth May 13th 2016 11:53 am

Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by michali (Post 11946642)
I too love my British TV, especially BBC dramas and used to watch a lot on BBC iPlayer when I was abroad, using a VPN. Now I see they are thinking of charging people for watching iPlayer as it seems a lot use it to avoid paying for a TV license. Well, maybe no longer!

If BBC America had offered better programming they would not have people looking for other ways to watch their shows. I also heard they may offer a subscription service for those overseas. I would have no problem with that. Shouldn't be here for much longer anyway.

Perth May 20th 2016 10:14 am

Enjoying The Great Chelsea Show Challenge on BBC.

fulwood Jun 7th 2016 11:13 pm

Just watched French drama "Tony's Revenge" on Channel 4. Loved it and recommend it.

BristolUK Jun 8th 2016 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by fulwood (Post 11967731)
Just watched French drama "Tony's Revenge" on Channel 4. Loved it and recommend it.

Another one to add to my ever increasing backlog? *sigh*

Oh well, since it's you. :lol:

fulwood Jun 9th 2016 1:14 am

BristolUK - I really liked it. Hope you do too.

BristolUK Jun 9th 2016 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by fulwood (Post 11968772)
BristolUK - I really liked it. Hope you do too.

Need to find a source first. MediaHint got disabled by Firefox so I'm without the usual iPlayers for the moment and couldn't see other streams for it yet.

I expect it will appear in time. Plenty of other stuff in the meantime.

fulwood Jun 14th 2016 8:16 pm

I am now watching "Thicker Than Water" on Channel 4. It was recommended by Bandrui. Only 2 episodes in but like what I see thus far..

BristolUK Jun 23rd 2016 1:39 am

Nobody been watching Mum?

Jerseygirl Jun 23rd 2016 1:39 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 11981157)

Brilliant. Very funny. :thumbsup:

BristolUK Jun 23rd 2016 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11981158)
Brilliant. Very funny. :thumbsup:

You don't count though :p Nor do I :o
:lol:

We've been on the Canada bit about it so we've done our bit whereas I've not seen anyone here mention it.

curleytops Jun 23rd 2016 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 11981157)

Just saw it advertised on the player this morning & thinking I might have to check it out.

Editha Jul 14th 2016 10:07 pm

New Blood.

BBC. Crime/thriller/comedy. Set in London about a police detective of Iranian background and a fraud investigator who is Polish teaming up to solve crimes. Enjoyed it enormously.

Jerseygirl Jul 14th 2016 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Editha (Post 12002833)
New Blood.

BBC. Crime/thriller/comedy. Set in London about a police detective of Iranian background and a fraud investigator who is Polish teaming up to solve crimes. Enjoyed it enormously.

I thought the two young guys were a little silly. Implausible that a guy from the serious fraud squad would share info with a cop he'd only just met. Very much like Starsky and Hutch.

bandrui Aug 9th 2016 2:29 am

Panic stations! I have been using Hola for years but suddenly tonight I cannot get into BBC Iplayer at all. I know about their crackdown but I was watching this morning.

Usually when I get the "BBC iplayer only works in the UK" message, I just keep trying and eventually (usually in about 1 - 4 tries) I can get in, but I have been trying and trying and cannot get in.

Help! Trying to wtch the Olympics. Looking for suggestions? Alternatives?

bandrui Aug 9th 2016 7:38 am

Phew, it's back. Had me really worried though. I recycled my modem and was able to get in.