Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Aug 9th 2016, 1:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by bandrui
Looking for suggestions? Alternatives?
Try recycling your Modem.

Whatever that means.

When I was using MediaHint for iPlayer, sometimes I had to change the HD/SD selection to make a difference.
Old Aug 9th 2016, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, it's back. Had me really worried though. I recycled my modem and was able to get in.
We have a VPN and have just been locked out of BBC iplayer. How do you recycle your modem
Old Aug 9th 2016, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth
We have a VPN and have just been locked out of BBC iplayer. How do you recycle your modem
Hi Perth,

Here's my routine:

First of all try closing your VPN, then re-opening and refreshing the screen. (I often need to do this a few times).

If that doesn't work, close the iplayer tab and open a new one, go to iplayer and see if that works, or try step 1 above again.

Next option is to restart your computer and try again.

Last option is to recycle modem. That means to unplug the pin from the back of the modem (not the wall plug or the phone-like plug), wait 5-10secs then plug it in again. The modem lights will go through the start up procedure until they are lit up again (can take a few minutes). Then start it all over again.

Good Luck! Don't give up.
Old Aug 9th 2016, 8:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you open a thread in The Lab forum. The techies that hang out there may be able to help you.

The Lab - British Expats
Old Aug 10th 2016, 3:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight I've been binge watching Brief Encounters. I was hooked after the first episode...of course it helped that it is set and filmed in my hometown...Sheffield. The series has just finished on TV....6 episodes.

Brief Encounters (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb
Old Aug 10th 2016, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute

Last few days I cleared through "The Line of Duty" my GOD that is an addicting show, amazing, just amazing.

Line of Duty (TV Series 2012– ) - IMDb
Old Aug 10th 2016, 1:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Freshwhyte
Last few days I cleared through "The Line of Duty" my GOD that is an addicting show, amazing, just amazing.

Line of Duty (TV Series 2012– ) - IMDb
Excellent series.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Perth,

Here's my routine:

First of all try closing your VPN, then re-opening and refreshing the screen. (I often need to do this a few times).

If that doesn't work, close the iplayer tab and open a new one, go to iplayer and see if that works, or try step 1 above again.

Next option is to restart your computer and try again.

Last option is to recycle modem. That means to unplug the pin from the back of the modem (not the wall plug or the phone-like plug), wait 5-10secs then plug it in again. The modem lights will go through the start up procedure until they are lit up again (can take a few minutes). Then start it all over again.

Good Luck! Don't give up.
Thanks, but none of that has worked. Last 6 months we coasted on changing the proxy server (that's what our VPN guys told us to do) but that doesn't work anymore either (for BBC that is - ITV and Channel 4 still works).

Last edited by Perth; Aug 11th 2016 at 1:15 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I suggest you open a thread in The Lab forum. The techies that hang out there may be able to help you.

The Lab - British Expats
Good idea - thanks
Old Aug 12th 2016, 9:44 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Tonight I've been binge watching Brief Encounters. I was hooked after the first episode...of course it helped that it is set and filmed in my hometown...Sheffield. The series has just finished on TV....6 episodes.

Brief Encounters (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb
I really enjoyed that too.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 11:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I really enjoyed that too.
Have you seen Mums? brilliant.
Old Aug 27th 2016, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Keeping Rosy with Maxine Peak, BBC iplayer. Good thriller, with unexpected twists and turns.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Victoria - ITV player. Surprised me in two ways: a) the Jenna Coleman lass can act beyond Dr. Who; b) all the things I found out about Victoria I didn't know before.

Two episodes up right now. Worth a watch. Also for Rufus Sewell who is still quite yummy. Much nicer than Poldark
Old Aug 30th 2016, 1:36 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth
Victoria - ITV player. Surprised me in two ways: a) the Jenna Coleman lass can act beyond Dr. Who; b) all the things I found out about Victoria I didn't know before.

Two episodes up right now. Worth a watch. Also for Rufus Sewell who is still quite yummy. Much nicer than Poldark
I don't advise relying on the programme for historical fact. Apart from anything else, the real Melbourne's sexual tastes included flagellation of young women.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Editha
I don't advise relying on the programme for historical fact. Apart from anything else, the real Melbourne's sexual tastes included flagellation of young women.
Wasn't really thinking so much of her relationship with Lord M (as she calls him here), since so much of historical romance is amplified for viewing audiences, but rather the political infighting going on within her own family. Still, distressed to hear this about Lord M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.