Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Mar 5th 2016, 7:31 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

I found the ending of Shetland disappointing. I was going to start reading Ann Cleeve, but I don't think I will now.
Old Mar 5th 2016, 8:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
I found the ending of Shetland disappointing. I was going to start reading Ann Cleeve, but I don't think I will now.
Don't forget that both Shetland and Vera are 'based on characters and stories created by Ann Cleeve' they are not dramatisations of actual stories she has written. So the books will be somewhat different from what we see on screen
Old Mar 5th 2016, 9:10 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

True. The 'Midsomer Murders' books are very good.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes we just like different things. I thought the ending of Shetland was excellent and quite unexpected but haven't watched Midsomer Murders in quite a while now. It's a bit silly now that we get such good edgy dramas.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 7:47 am
Was in Canada, now home.

I'm not sure I made myself clear. What I meant was that the Midsomer books are good compared to the TV, which is rubbish.

IMO, it is a distinguishing feature of poor detective drama, that when scriptwriters have difficulty resolving a plot, they make the murderer a mad person. In that respect, the last episode of Shetland was no different to any episode of Midsomer Murders.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I made myself clear. What I meant was that the Midsomer books are good compared to the TV, which is rubbish.

IMO, it is a distinguishing feature of poor detective drama, that when scriptwriters have difficulty resolving a plot, they make the murderer a mad person. In that respect, the last episode of Shetland was no different to any episode of Midsomer Murders.
Ah. I see. I haven't read the books so can't comment on that.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 3:36 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Gardeners' World returned to BBC1 last Friday.. There is a new addition to the team, a puppy named Nellie. It was fun to watch her playing with Nigel.

Monty Don is also hosting another series of Big Dreams Small Spaces, BBC 2, Thursday @ 8.00. Started a few weeks ago, but I forgot to post details.
Old Mar 6th 2016, 4:31 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Dr Thorne starts this evening. It is a measure of Julian Fellowes success that he is getting bigger billing for adapting the book than Trollope who wrote it.

It means that Tom Hollander is on two channels simultaneously because he is also in The Night Manager.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Dr Thorne starts this evening. It is a measure of Julian Fellowes success that he is getting bigger billing for adapting the book than Trollope who wrote it.

It means that Tom Hollander is on two channels simultaneously because he is also in The Night Manager.
The last Johnathan Ross show had Tom Hollander as one of the guests. he was hilarious. Haven't laughed so much in ages. Recommend watching it on iplayer.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm really disappointed that Vera seems to be over already. That's it? 4 episodes? It feels as though it just got started again!
Old Mar 7th 2016, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
I'm really disappointed that Vera seems to be over already. That's it? 4 episodes? It feels as though it just got started again!
They're two-hour episodes, I think that may be why they only do the four at a time.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't like Dr. Thorne but loved Tom Hollander and Ian McShane in their roles. There is another Scandi drama on BBC4 called Follow the Money. Would recommend it..
Old Mar 27th 2016, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fulwood
I didn't like Dr. Thorne but loved Tom Hollander and Ian McShane in their roles. There is another Scandi drama on BBC4 called Follow the Money. Would recommend it..
Yes, watching Follow the Money, also Thicker than Water and Blue Eyes on Channel 4. Thicker than Water is good. Just about to watch episode 1 of Blue Eyes.

Wow Line of Duty is back with a bang!
Old Mar 29th 2016, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I will check out Thicker Than Water. Love Line of Duty series. I read they are doing a Season 4 as well!
Old Mar 29th 2016, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fulwood
I will check out Thicker Than Water. Love Line of Duty series. I read they are doing a Season 4 as well!

I forgot about Match Day on Channel 4. It's good. By the same director as Spiral.

Really enjoyed episode 1 of Blues Eyes. It's a Swedish political drama.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.