Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Jan 5th 2015, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Last Tango in Halifax - tuned in after missing quite a few, but not impressed with the descent into every clichéd bit of mayhem from the soaps.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Englishmum...why did I think you had move to England...made me laugh when you said about yourIH saying you kept him awake tossing and turning. When I went to the doctors with my OH the Dr asked him why he sleeps in his chair and doesn't go to bed, he said it was because I keep him awake twiddling my feet.

I have yet to watch the new episode of Last Tango in Halifax. will let you know what I think but then I am a funny old duck who is stuck back in the 60's was it the 60's. When if people were about to have sex all you saw was the bedroom door opening and them walking in and the rest was left to the imagination or a swear word was dam, and the only bare breast you saw was a chicken breast.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 7:10 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I binge-watched the three episodes of Mapp and Lucia last night and really enjoyed it. I almost didn't record it at all because I thought it would be too silly/fluffy, but it was very entertaining and different.

Annoyed with myself last night because I was working at the computer until after Foyle's War started so I missed recording the first 15 minutes. Dimwit. I'll try to catch the first 15 minutes on ITVPlayer and then watch the rest that I managed to record.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the first episode of the second series of Broadchurch - in a word 'Wow'!!!
Old Jan 5th 2015, 10:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Last Tango in Halifax - tuned in after missing quite a few, but not impressed with the descent into every clichéd bit of mayhem from the soaps.
I was just going to post the same. This series is very disappointing...we enjoyed the last two series but struggled to get through the first episode of the new series.

Have watched a couple of eps of The Fallen but am confused. I take it this series leads on from the first...but I can't remember what happened. Gillian Anderson's voice is like fingernails down a blackboard.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I was just going to post the same. This series is very disappointing...we enjoyed the last two series but struggled to get through the first episode of the new series.

Have watched a couple of eps of The Fallen but am confused. I take it this series leads on from the first...but I can't remember what happened. Gillian Anderson's voice is like fingernails down a blackboard.
Last Tango is really rather horrible and shouty now.

Spoiler:
The Fall - I have only watched the first couple too. Yes it leads on from the first. He got wind of the old girlfriend shopping him so has kidnapped her. He has also gained access to one of his victims by acting as her grief counsellor. His wife has thrown him out but I'm somewhat confused myself about where he is. Pretending to be in Scotland?
Old Jan 6th 2015, 2:10 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorac05
Just watched the first episode of the second series of Broadchurch - in a word 'Wow'!!!
It was brilliant! It helps that I love a bit of DT too!
Old Jan 6th 2015, 2:38 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

And just to lower the tone, great to see Benidorm back.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Yes, I think you are right. It is one of my all time favourite TV shows and now that I have Apple TV I can now watch previous episodes on Itv3
There are a lot of episodes on youtube, also netflix.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
We've been chatting about gardening on another thread, so thought it was time to update the green fingers on the upcoming gardening telly.

Britain's Best Back Gardens starts Tuesday, 6 Jan @ 8.00 pm on ITV

The Big Allotment Challenge starts Friday, 2 January @ 9.00 pm on BBC2

Great British Garden Revival starts Jan 6 on BBC2 @ 7.00 pm

Show Me Your Garden, Friday, 2 Jan @ 8.00 pm on Sky1 HD

Thanks for this. I didn't know the BigAllotment Challenge was back. Love it.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Re Broadchurch, as I mentioned previously I watched the first series on my own. NOW OH has seen the first episode and wants to see that rest but we have had DD here and have not had a chance to continue. Is it essential for him to see it before embarking on the 2nd season. I don't really want to wait...
Old Jan 6th 2015, 5:24 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Is it essential for him to see it before embarking on the 2nd season. I don't really want to wait...
I can't imagine watching the second series but not having seen the first. If it was me, I'd watch the second series and leave it to him to catch up.

I was watching Doctor Who on iPlayer the same day with my wife and step daughter catching up later.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I can't imagine watching the second series but not having seen the first. If it was me, I'd watch the second series and leave it to him to catch up.

I was watching Doctor Who on iPlayer the same day with my wife and step daughter catching up later.
Yes, I gathered that also from someone on facebook. We have agreed to watch each separately. What next, separate beds?
Old Jan 7th 2015, 2:28 pm
Oscar nominated

Yes, I gathered that also from someone on facebook. We have agreed to watch each separately. What next, separate beds?
Ha.

The thing is, there must surely be things in season two where some knowledge of season one is crucial Or, at least, helpful. I've not seen the new one yet but it's not going to be one of those things with a totally separate story/investigation with only the smallest reference, if any, to something from the past.

And if he has to ask every time something's not clear you might end up wanting more than separate beds!!
Old Jan 8th 2015, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Re Broadchurch, as I mentioned previously I watched the first series on my own....
Me too

Found it on Netflix. So glad we could watch the whole season in 2 days. I can't imagine waiting a week for the next episode. Tell you what though, it took 3 days for me to get over the final episode.

Now I have to exit this thread until I watch the next series. No spoiler alerts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.