Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Britain powerless to stop tens of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians moving to UK

Britain powerless to stop tens of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians moving to UK

Old Nov 22nd 2012, 2:20 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice
Default Re: Britain powerless to stop tens of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians moving to

'Amnesty' for 120,000 migrants
The UK Border Agency made virtually no effort to trace more than 120,000 asylum seekers and migrants, a damning report will say today.

Its time to act!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:43 pm
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Britain powerless to stop tens of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians moving to

Originally Posted by Panhandle
'Amnesty' for 120,000 migrants
The UK Border Agency made virtually no effort to trace more than 120,000 asylum seekers and migrants, a damning report will say today.

Its time to act!
And how does this affect you in your day to day life? I'm asking seriously, because I'm curious. Maybe I'm naive, but I often hear people on the verge of getting out a giant dustpan and sweeping away all the "other" in England, and I just sit and ask myself, how exactly does it affect you? Do you not like the hundreds of restaurants serving food from almost every country in the world? Or the variety of beers and alcohols that come from around the globe? Or is it the fact that your trash gets collected, your chicken shop and chippies are staffed, your sewers are cleaned, your buses and taxies are driven... or maybe it's your construction workers? Or your hairdressers? Or maybe your market stall holders? I don't really see immigrants becoming journalists, so I guess my job is safe, but you never know. They've all just been kicked out of London Metropolitan, so I guess they'll be staffing those chippies en masse then. Good thing there's so many.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 10:28 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tel8
And how does this affect you in your day to day life? I'm asking seriously, because I'm curious. Maybe I'm naive, but I often hear people on the verge of getting out a giant dustpan and sweeping away all the "other" in England, and I just sit and ask myself, how exactly does it affect you? Do you not like the hundreds of restaurants serving food from almost every country in the world? Or the variety of beers and alcohols that come from around the globe? Or is it the fact that your trash gets collected, your chicken shop and chippies are staffed, your sewers are cleaned, your buses and taxies are driven... or maybe it's your construction workers? Or your hairdressers? Or maybe your market stall holders? I don't really see immigrants becoming journalists, so I guess my job is safe, but you never know. They've all just been kicked out of London Metropolitan, so I guess they'll be staffing those chippies en masse then. Good thing there's so many.
Good point, maybe we can let in another 120,000 people annually (on top of the 200,000 legal immigrants); Britain has too many empty houses and the hospitals are under-utilised. We need more 900 pupil super-primaries too. There's space here for everyone, especially those with large extended families who truly appreciate free healthcare. Ship 'em in. No need to hoard our national wealth and culture. And the bonus is, full staffing in you local chippie.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Good point, maybe we can let in another 120,000 people annually (on top of the 200,000 legal immigrants); Britain has too many empty houses and the hospitals are under-utilised. We need more 900 pupil super-primaries too. There's space here for everyone, especially those with large extended families who truly appreciate free healthcare. Ship 'em in. No need to hoard our national wealth and culture. And the bonus is, full staffing in you local chippie.
Lost Me? Sarcasm or serious?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 11:54 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
Lost Me? Sarcasm or serious?
Sarcasm. Thanks for asking.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 12:05 am
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

The insecurity of some people is amazing. I feel sorry for them as they live in a scary paranoid world, but I fear that their views are growing more popular, or am I being a paranoid and irrational as they are? I'll always fight for inclusion, generosity and understanding and we'll see where the UK goes.

Last edited by nun; Nov 23rd 2012 at 12:42 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:50 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Nun, yes I fear you are being paranoid
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a zero sum game.

Anyway, the issue here seems to be abject lack of enforcement of immigration laws. The answer is to fix that rather than introduce ever more restrictive laws that almost certainly will negatively impact the family life of some British citizens.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Maltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Anyway, the issue here seems to be abject lack of enforcement of immigration laws. The answer is to fix that rather than introduce ever more restrictive laws that almost certainly will negatively impact the family life of some British citizens.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:36 pm
Yo

It's not a zero sum game.

I'm not sure what you mean by a zero sum game in relation to illegal immigration? (I know what a zero sum game is.)

What do you actually mean ?
Old Nov 24th 2012, 12:48 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tel8
AMEN!!

Britain is such a better, richer and more interesting place than when I left and so much of that is due to immigration.

In Victorian times, English people demonised the Irish, now it's the Eastern Europeans. Such a tired and boring cliche.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 1:02 am
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
AMEN!!

Britain is such a better, richer and more interesting place than when I left and so much of that is due to immigration.

In Victorian times, English people demonised the Irish, now it's the Eastern Europeans. Such a tired and boring cliche.
Unfortunately fear is a strong motivator. It's important to listen to the people with these fears and try to understand them. There's a small minority who are prejudiced, and some that use erroneous economic reasons to hide their prejudice, but most are just scared that they will suffer economically.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what you mean by a zero sum game in relation to illegal immigration? (I know what a zero sum game is.)

What do you actually mean ?
That illegal immigrants contribute to the economy in positive ways as well as in the ways you suggest are negative to the UK. Their presence in the UK does not produce "losses" to society equal to the "gains" those immigrants make by being illegally present there.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 10:45 am
Yo

That illegal immigrants contribute to the economy in positive ways as well as in the ways you suggest are negative to the UK. Their presence in the UK does not produce "losses" to society equal to the "gains" those immigrants make by being illegally present there.
It's not about society, it's about economics.

If those illegals are from poor countries or lack education and skills, you can be sure it is not a zero sum situation; they will be drawing more funds from the state than they contribute. If Britain wasn't cutting back on social programs for its citizens, it might just be acceptable to fund illegals on a compassionate basis, but it is a hard case to make when so many citizens and legals are being asked to take compromises on healthcare, education and housing. If those illegals are working unofficially, they are not paying tax and distorting the labour market, again, not a zero sum game.

The ones that are here should be brought into legal status ASAP and then, as someone else posted, it's critical to tighten up the immigration controls which Labour so recklessly dismantled.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 11:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panhandle
1066 was the date of the last successful foreign invasion of the british mainland, well so the history book would tell! Looking up and down my high street all I see is shisha bars, polski cleps, aljazera supermarket, patels newsagents, santanda bank, curry in a hurry, the list is endless!
Ladies wearing what look like cotton black bin liners, men with look alike beards, people speaking every language except english!
London bus drivers who cannot or do not want to speak english, but know how to be rude to fare paying customers.
For a country that were named a nation of shop keepers I wonder who is keeping the shop!
The scum of Europe are already on our shores bleeding our benefit system dry, and now more scum is planning to come here.

This will do wonders for the crime rate, Ive done some research on nationalities in British prisons

1. Jamaica 963
2. Nigeria 752
3. Irish republic 647
4. Vietnam 620
5. Poland 617
6. China 472
7. Somalia 463
8. Pakistan 445
9. India 368
10. Romania 357
11. Lithuania 330
12. Iraq 262
13. Iran 244
14. Portugal 233
15. Bangladesh 215
16. Zimbabwe 209
17. Turkey 164
18. France 163
19. Albania 162
20. Ghana 154

These are just the ones who got banged up, what about the thousands that they dont lock up eh!

Even if we do pull out of the EU how will we clear up this mess?

For those of you who cannot understand why getting your spouse a visa is so tough, just trawl around the uk visa forums and you will be enlightened to the abuse that is really going on, these people are like leeches, its time to stop being one of the PC brigade and start talking to your local MP etc, before your street losses its dignity.
Perhaps adding the number of British people in the prisons would give a fairer comparison. There are, in total, 80,000 people in prison in the UK, so work out the %ages.

Last edited by mikelincs; Nov 24th 2012 at 11:13 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.