Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Britain powerless to stop tens of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians moving to UK

Britain powerless to stop tens of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians moving to UK

Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Maltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really nice
Default Re: Britain powerless to stop tens of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians moving to

Originally Posted by Shard
The figure quoted in the media is "net migration" (the number of people coming into Britain less the number leaving) and it stands at about 210,000 into Britain last year (250,000 in 2010). Can you see why it's a concern?
The number of British citizens who chose to go permanently abroad doubled from 53,000 in 2001 to 107,000 last year - some 2,000 people a week.
interesting
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:25 am
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain powerless to stop tens of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians moving to

Shut up and learn Bulgarian.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 7:11 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Abu Qatada to roam free... and it will cost taxpayers £5m a year

I wonder what Churchill would make of modern day Britain
Old Nov 13th 2012, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Panhandle
Abu Qatada to roam free... and it will cost taxpayers £5m a year

I wonder what Churchill would make of modern day Britain
The great man will be rolling in his grave. What Britain needs is a solution to make Britain great again and it is this. Close the borders, allow smoking in pubs again, put the Benny Hill show back on tv and the Goodies, fly the union jack everywhere, shoot Jeremy Kyle and all those that go on that stupid show, ban the reality tv shows, bring back Miss world on normal tv, stop people owning second homes, bring back a decent train and bus service, make Hail to England by Manowar the national anthem, re-open the mines and bring back heavy industry and car manufacturing, shoot middle management, ban the wearing of hoods, ban the use of the phrases " innit" and "dont' disrespect me" Allow the pubs to become pubs once again and stop turning them into ****ing restaurants And finally shoot all the lefty liberals that caused all the mess in the first place. All the PC brigade that walk about looking like they are sucking a lemon. They will not be happy until we are all the same, then they wont' be happy. So **** it shoot them too
Old Nov 13th 2012, 8:28 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizard
The great man will be rolling in his grave. What Britain needs is a solution to make Britain great again and it is this. Close the borders, allow smoking in pubs again, put the Benny Hill show back on tv and the Goodies, fly the union jack everywhere, shoot Jeremy Kyle and all those that go on that stupid show, ban the reality tv shows, bring back Miss world on normal tv, stop people owning second homes, bring back a decent train and bus service, make Hail to England by Manowar the national anthem, re-open the mines and bring back heavy industry and car manufacturing, shoot middle management, ban the wearing of hoods, ban the use of the phrases " innit" and "dont' disrespect me" Allow the pubs to become pubs once again and stop turning them into ****ing restaurants And finally shoot all the lefty liberals that caused all the mess in the first place. All the PC brigade that walk about looking like they are sucking a lemon. They will not be happy until we are all the same, then they wont' be happy. So **** it shoot them too

I can't begin to express what a depressing return to old Britain that would be. Not really into bans (except the burka) and would prefer to see less of Jeremy Kyle type punters on TV and some of the reality shows...but all the other changes you think Mr Churchill would despise I think he, being a modern man, would rather like.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 11:26 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
How many Brits go to live in other EU countries? It's hardly one way traffic as parts of the UK media would like you to believe.
But it's awful, all these bloody foreigners coming to our country, taking our jobs, marrying our women, reading our papers. All these immigrants make me want to go and live in another country.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

I often wonder if those who complain about foreigners coming to the UK and taking peoples jobs enjoyed watching Auf Weidersen Pet.

Just a thought.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

lindamcc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maltoo
I am not debating whether the UK should come out of the EU. I am only concerned about the human rights issues relating to the restrictions put on UK citizens born in the UK to UK citizen parents in bringing their non EU spouses into the UK to live. The salary restrictions are totally unfair and should be removed. It is like the UK government is trying to tell it's Citizens we do not care who you fall in love with and marry but you better make sure they are from an EU country or we will make it as difficult as possible for you to marry your love and live with them in the UK so you will have to choose between your family and your love. SO NOT RIGHT!
I was just sitting thinking the same myself UK born and raised came to Canada with my parents with my fathers job Married a Canadian had 2 children parents retired back to uk and because my husband is Canadian we have to pay thousands and maybe get rejected I have no family here and just want my own husband to be able to relocate to my home country without all the hassle We dont mind immigration fee its the savings and red tape
and here at the remembrance day services we still sing God save The Queen and to become a Canada Citizen you have pledge allegiance to The Queen I am begining to understand why a lot of Canadians dont want the Royal Family
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:18 pm
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
I often wonder if those who complain about foreigners coming to the UK and taking peoples jobs enjoyed watching Auf Weidersen Pet.

Just a thought.
Ah I loved that show

Though im sure the Germans would be up in arms if tanker loads of yorkies set up shop in Kurfürstendamm
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:38 pm
advocatus diaboli

Originally Posted by dunroving
I'm curious, how do you define an "immigrant"? And is it the way they dress or the way they speak that gives them away?
An Immigrant is a person who has citizenship in one country but who enters a different country to set up a permanent residence.

If you travel the globe you will observe variations in dress, first generation migrants tend to hold onto as much of their culture as they can, thus they wear clothes and styles that they are use too.
If you combine this with a foreign language then you could assume correctly that you have a immigrant.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:49 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

If you combine this with a foreign language then you could assume correctly that you have a immigrant.
If you combine this with a foreign language then you could assume correctly (or completely incorrectly) that you have a immigrant.

What do Bulgarians and Romanians usually wear?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 8:31 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nun
What do Bulgarians and Romanians usually wear?
This is easy, I can spot them a mile away.

Romanians

Bulgarians
Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

If you travel the globe you will observe variations in dress, first generation migrants tend to hold onto as much of their culture as they can, thus they wear clothes and styles that they are use too.
That's so true!

This is me snapped at the mall:

Old Nov 14th 2012, 3:55 am
advocatus diaboli

My work attire
Attached Thumbnails Britain powerless to stop tens of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians moving to UK-pearly-king.jpg  
Old Nov 14th 2012, 5:22 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

You are all cracking me up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.