Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Old Feb 26th 2011, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Thanks everybody, well I cannot believe it has gone from my 60 sleeps countdown to NONE!!!

It is 5am here Saturday morning and for some strange reason I cannot get back to sleep.

My best friend is coming at lunchtime with her partner to pick me up as I DO NOT want my daughter and kids at the airport........

Soooooo Etihad here I come.

EY 6451 depart SYDNEY at 1605 arrive ABU DHABI 2340

EY 015 depart ABU DHABI at 0215 arrive MANCHESTER 0615

Hope you have a lovely flight into Manchester, we had a lovely day weatherwise today hopefully more of the same for when you arrive...all the best of wishes and welcome home
Old Feb 26th 2011, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppycat
Hi all.....a quick update from the UK. Arrived in Manchester Wed am - dog and I intact. It was drizzling with rain in Manchester, but it was a welcome relief from dusty, arid AZ.

For those returning to Manchester with a pet, I can't praise the clearing Agents, Pets On Jets, enough. They've been a wonderful source of support and advice throughout the final stages of the DEFRA process. Got a ride from them up to Scotland and arrived safe & sound, if a trifle jet-lagged, mid afternoon.

It's raining and windy today, but who cares? I'm home!

Barb, I think you're next? Best wishes for a safe flight, happy landings and exciting new beginnings!
welcome home....we arrived in manchester and picked our dog up from the airport as well.....they were lovely people and our dog was really fussed.....spring is on its way...lighter nights etc....best of wishes
Old Feb 26th 2011, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Barb should have left on the last leg 45" ago
Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppycat
Hi all.....a quick update from the UK. Arrived in Manchester Wed am - dog and I intact. It was drizzling with rain in Manchester, but it was a welcome relief from dusty, arid AZ.

For those returning to Manchester with a pet, I can't praise the clearing Agents, Pets On Jets, enough. They've been a wonderful source of support and advice throughout the final stages of the DEFRA process. Got a ride from them up to Scotland and arrived safe & sound, if a trifle jet-lagged, mid afternoon.

It's raining and windy today, but who cares? I'm home!

Barb, I think you're next? Best wishes for a safe flight, happy landings and exciting new beginnings!
SO glad you are back home, PoppyCat - both you and doggie. I must look into Pets and Jets myself for my own return.

What part of Scotland are you headed for?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
welcome home....we arrived in manchester and picked our dog up from the airport as well.....they were lovely people and our dog was really fussed.....spring is on its way...lighter nights etc....best of wishes
Did you and your dog fly separately to the UK then?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
This has been an amazing few weeks with a whole host of people travelling back the last two weeks. Just goes to show that if you make up your mind, you really CAN go back home!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Flying towards Mannheim according to flight radar just south of Nuremburg. Nearly there!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Flying towards Mannheim according to flight radar just south of Nuremburg. Nearly there!
What webpage are you looking at? Last time I looked they said the positioning device had been turned off. I can understand why with some of the countries they were flying over. What do I know?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

What webpage are you looking at? Last time I looked they said the positioning device had been turned off. I can understand why with some of the countries they were flying over. What do I know?
Flight radar http://www.flightradar24.com/ She just flew right over my folks' place in Cambridge!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, she arrived right on time!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:27 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Correct Quoll!!! Arrived right on time, not the best flight I have ever had, but I am home. Terrible saying goodbye to my daughter and kids, but it is done now, got really bad on the plane crying and so on.

The weather is grey and rainy and a bit cold. I tried to sleep for a few hours but am over tired now. My 2 sisters picked me up, just waiting for my mum and brother and his wife to come around and a few others will pop in.

Will check in again when my head gets back into the right time zone, its all a bit fuzzy at the moment.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

poppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nice

Originally Posted by windsong
SO glad you are back home, PoppyCat - both you and doggie. I must look into Pets and Jets myself for my own return.

What part of Scotland are you headed for?
Thank you for your good wishes, windsong and charleygirl. Windsong, I'm in Edinburgh. BTW, you have to accompany your pet when entering the UK via Manchester. I flew with Continental, and the Cargo Agents at check-in and, in flight, the cabin crew and even the Captain were wonderfully reassuring regarding my dog. He was the only animal on both flights, so I was concerned they remembered they were carrying an animal and that there was heating 'down below'. My dog has settled really well; no ill-effects at all...unlike me, who is still jet-lagged. I keep waking up at 3am, hungry for dinner.

Welcome home, Barb!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:53 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Correct Quoll!!! Arrived right on time, not the best flight I have ever had, but I am home. Terrible saying goodbye to my daughter and kids, but it is done now, got really bad on the plane crying and so on.

The weather is grey and rainy and a bit cold. I tried to sleep for a few hours but am over tired now. My 2 sisters picked me up, just waiting for my mum and brother and his wife to come around and a few others will pop in.

Will check in again when my head gets back into the right time zone, its all a bit fuzzy at the moment.
Welcome home!!
B x
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

wow Bea you are really with it! Well maybe just in some ways. What you have gone through in the last few days and I would think you are living on nerves right now. Keep posting and get plenty of rest and it should take about a week to bring yourself around.
How nice to get to see your mom.
Welcome Home

Last edited by cheers; Feb 27th 2011 at 11:27 am.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:41 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Great news you are both home safe poppycat and Bee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.