Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Thanks Sentosa for letting us all know.............I guess the weather is a bit yuck in that area but hey go have a pastie some where and a nice cuppa...........all be okay.
Gosh I bet Don is so excited..........
Barb are you freaking out yet......
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:17 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sentosa
Arrived safely after a good flight managed to get some sleep we had 4 seats between the 2 of us. Gatwick was misty and gray , and still rather gray this afternoon, but saw my first snowdrops and daffodils are all in bud. Doesn't feel too cold not as cold as Florida as been this winter.
happy for you Sentosa...how are things now you've been home a day or two?
I can't wait for the spring its my fav time of year
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:06 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Yes me I am only here for another 3 sleeps.
Safe travels & happy landings 'see you soon'!
B x
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:12 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Safe travels & happy landings 'see you soon'!
B x
Oh yes I will be the next homing pigeon.

Well I can't believe the time has finally come from when I was marking off say 60 days on my work calendar to now.......one sleep to go.

My boss phoned me yesterday and said I am to stay on the payroll on leave without pay while they work out the logistics of this job and he will email my contract, it's all sounding very positive, but I did gently remind him that while I am happy to stay on leave without pay it can't be indefinitely as I will need an income, just a gentle nudge.

I had a really nice day yesterday with my friend from Liverpool, I was only going to stay for an hour or 2 but it turned into 6 hours of yacking LOL!!

She is one of those really unfortunate people who is truly trapped here in Australia and hates it.

I felt so sad for her as I drove off and counted my blessings that I have this opportunity..........
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:57 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Well I can't believe the time has finally come from when I was marking off say 60 days on my work calendar to now.......one sleep to go.

My boss phoned me yesterday and said I am to stay on the payroll on leave without pay while they work out the logistics of this job and he will email my contract, it's all sounding very positive, but I did gently remind him that while I am happy to stay on leave without pay it can't be indefinitely as I will need an income, just a gentle nudge.

I had a really nice day yesterday with my friend from Liverpool, I was only going to stay for an hour or 2 but it turned into 6 hours of yacking LOL!!

She is one of those really unfortunate people who is truly trapped here in Australia and hates it.

I felt so sad for her as I drove off and counted my blessings that I have this opportunity..........
Just logged on quickly to catch you before you go, Beedubya, to wish you a safe flight home. Maybe we'll get time to have that catch-up when I get back to the UK in September if you are still working in the area.

I look forward to hearing your news from 'the other side' and best of luck with your 'new' life back home!

Nicky
x
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:00 am
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck Beedubya....have a safe flight and let us know what it feels like to be back.....where are you flying into and where have you decided to settle?
Old Feb 25th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

poppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nice

Hi all.....a quick update from the UK. Arrived in Manchester Wed am - dog and I intact. It was drizzling with rain in Manchester, but it was a welcome relief from dusty, arid AZ.

For those returning to Manchester with a pet, I can't praise the clearing Agents, Pets On Jets, enough. They've been a wonderful source of support and advice throughout the final stages of the DEFRA process. Got a ride from them up to Scotland and arrived safe & sound, if a trifle jet-lagged, mid afternoon.

It's raining and windy today, but who cares? I'm home!

Barb, I think you're next? Best wishes for a safe flight, happy landings and exciting new beginnings!
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:03 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Originally Posted by poppycat
Hi all.....a quick update from the UK. Arrived in Manchester Wed am - dog and I intact. It was drizzling with rain in Manchester, but it was a welcome relief from dusty, arid AZ.

For those returning to Manchester with a pet, I can't praise the clearing Agents, Pets On Jets, enough. They've been a wonderful source of support and advice throughout the final stages of the DEFRA process. Got a ride from them up to Scotland and arrived safe & sound, if a trifle jet-lagged, mid afternoon.

Barb, I think you're next? Best wishes for a safe flight, happy landings and exciting new beginnings!

Wonderful news! On a guilt trip as forgot to track your flight (not sure if you posted your flight details?) There are so many threads it's hard to keep up!

Enjoy your new life back in Blighty and do keep us posted as to how you are settling down
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:25 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: The 'Bon Voyage' Thread! - Flight Tracker!

Bon Voyage, Beedubya as you return from Sydney to Manchester via Abu Dhabi!

(I had to connect via Abu Dhabi airport a few years ago, not sure if it's been updated but the flight connection waiting area was strange....round and like an mushroom with green and white tiles everywhere and nothing to do apart from buy expensive coffee!)

Difficult to work out which flights Beedubya will be on (did she post her flight # anywhere?) but I think they are:

Depart on Etihad Airways

26 FEB (almost a day ahead of UK and USA) SYD to AUH on EY 455 (dep SYD local time 9.50pm, arrive AUH 05.40am)

27 FEB: AUH to MAN on EY15

Track flights on the Etihad Airways website or on Flightstats.co.uk or Flightaware.com
Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:04 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody, well I cannot believe it has gone from my 60 sleeps countdown to NONE!!!

It is 5am here Saturday morning and for some strange reason I cannot get back to sleep.

My best friend is coming at lunchtime with her partner to pick me up as I DO NOT want my daughter and kids at the airport........

Soooooo Etihad here I come.

EY 6451 depart SYDNEY at 1605 arrive ABU DHABI 2340

EY 015 depart ABU DHABI at 0215 arrive MANCHESTER 0615

Last edited by Beedubya; Feb 25th 2011 at 5:47 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:05 pm
Home Sweet Home

Fantastic to hear from you Poppycat, PLEASE keep updating us.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody, well I cannot believe it has gone from my 60 sleeps countdown to NONE!!!

It is 5am here Saturday morning and for some strange reason I cannot get back to sleep.

My bf is coming at lunchtime with her partner to pick me up as I DO NOT want my daughter and kids at the airport........

Soooooo Etihad here I come.

EY 6451 depart SYDNEY at 1605 arrive ABU DHABI 2340

EY 015 depart ABU DHABI at 0215 arrive MANCHESTER 0615

Bon voyage BEE, *I will be thinking of you, and doing the stalking thing..
Old Feb 25th 2011, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Home! Poppycat. I hope it all goes brilliantly for you now you have your feet on home soil again!
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Poppycat, so happy you made it back safely!!
Barb, wow, all i can say is have a wonderful safe trip......get in touch with us as soon as you can!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

OK Bee is on the way! Another one down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.