Beautiful scenes of the UK

Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:59 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beautiful scenes of the UK

Originally Posted by Grayling
Snowed here last night as well....we live at a fair altitude.

First snow of the winter though....I am going off for a walk in it soon

From what I have read on this site....everywhere is likely to be deserted because everyone stays in all winter and huddle by the fire to keep warm

G

omg what a beautiful area you live in, i never appreciated england im ashamed to say, but i hope i do, when i return!

what are you doing with your house? renting it out?!!! lol
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:02 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I have read on this site....everywhere is likely to be deserted because everyone stays in all winter and huddle by the fire to keep warm

G
Oh shut up you!! I'd love to go for a trudge through the snow. I'm sat here melting. I constantly feel like I need a shower all day I feel so sticky. Yuck. I've just cranked the aircon up, I can almost hear the electric meter working on overtime!!!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

G
I've just got back from taking my children to the park. It was -2 when we went out at 8.30am - but beautiful clear blue sky, and very still. My two-year old has experienced skating on icy puddles for the first time and loved it!

I drove down the M56 yesterday and looking over your way towards Macc and Peaks was a sea of pure white - I thought it was cloud at first, but then realised it was snow.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
A couple from me
Pics of Bristol! Argh don't make me homesick......three weeks to go to a flying visit (fingers crossed!)
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:04 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandtooz
omg what a beautiful area you live in, i never appreciated england im ashamed to say, but i hope i do, when i return!

what are you doing with your house? renting it out?!!! lol
Yes....there are lots of beautiful places in the UK.

My house is within 20 miles of 3 major cities...Sheffield, Derby and Nottingham....and probably costs less than a decent house in Perth, Sydney or Brisbane.

Hopefully we will rent it out OK.

G
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh shut up you!! I'd love to go for a trudge through the snow. I'm sat here melting. I constantly feel like I need a shower all day I feel so sticky. Yuck. I've just cranked the aircon up, I can almost hear the electric meter working on overtime!!!
Melting is something I have done for weeks now, bring the snow on it never stopped us.Right down to bakers field with sledge or huge sheet of black plastic and off we go. Oh well maybe next year.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh shut up you!! I'd love to go for a trudge through the snow.
Like this? (This is the canal where I live. Not today's snow tho - a couple of years back.)
Attached Thumbnails Beautiful scenes of the UK-dscf0020.jpg   Beautiful scenes of the UK-dscf0022.jpg  
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
Melting is something I have done for weeks now, bring the snow on it never stopped us.Right down to bakers field with sledge or huge sheet of black plastic and off we go. Oh well maybe next year.
A few years ago we were sledging in a park in Derby and there was a bunch of teenagers (chavs, thugs, hoodies etc.etc. call them what you like ).....they had a huge sheet of plastic and were sledging on it 10 at a time and having a whale of a time...obviously too busy to rape or mug any of us

G
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:21 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Yes....there are lots of beautiful places in the UK.

My house is within 20 miles of 3 major cities...Sheffield, Derby and Nottingham....and probably costs less than a decent house in Perth, Sydney or Brisbane.

Hopefully we will rent it out OK.

G

im sure!

when are you heading out G?
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Like this? (This is the canal where I live. Not today's snow tho - a couple of years back.)

Oooh I can just imagine getting all rugged up with coats, scarf, gloves and two pairs of socks!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Pics of Bristol! Argh don't make me homesick......three weeks to go to a flying visit (fingers crossed!)

You're off on a trip back home Pol, you lucky girl!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by mandtooz
im sure!

when are you heading out G?
Could be a wee while yet.

We are waiting for my wife to sort out her retirement.....need to make sure she does not lose out on her pension....no great rush.

G
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Used to be able to Skate on our local canal in Winter

Long time since it was that cold.

G
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananahammock
A couple from me
Actually, re the one of the church....was that your local parish church? Just being nosey, as the family has more links with it than I can shake a stick at!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:01 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Actually, re the one of the church....was that your local parish church? Just being nosey, as the family has more links with it than I can shake a stick at!
Ooh, lucky bugger........off to Brizzle soon any room for one more in your case?

The church is St Mary Redcliffe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.