Barnsley

Old Aug 10th 2016, 9:26 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barnsley

Originally Posted by scot47
I have become a great consumer of Yorkshire Tea. Before I proceed with the irrevocable application for Citizenship, I should like to visit the Tea Plantations in Yorkshire. I believe they are near Harrogate. Will some kind soul please take me there for a visit ?
Unfortunately the location of the plantations is a well-kept secret. They lie close to the Yorkshire Golden Triangle, but anyone attempting to get close to them without official authorisation will be picked up by the purpose-built detection system at Menwith Hill, which is cleverly disguised as an RAF communications intercept and missile warning site.

Barnsley-250px-menwith-hill.jpg

The plantations are owned by Bettys (Bettys and Taylors Group Ltd, who produce Yorkshire Tea), and it’s no coincidence that the two constituent parts of the company were founded in 1886 (Taylors) and 1919 (Bettys), and in those years: (1886) Apache Chief Geronimo surrendered, ending the last major US-Indian war, Karl Benz patented the 1st successful gasoline car, the London Times published the world’s 1st classified ad, and Rash Behari Bose, leader against the British Raj in India, was born; and (1919) Romania annexed Transylvania, the League of Nations and Italy’s Facist party were founded, ‘Uddersfield lost in the final of the FA Cup to Aston Villa, and Liberace was born, Einstein divorced and Carnegie died.

Some say there are secret tunnels from each of the Bettys Tearooms, linked to the plantations and capable of being used as bunkers in the event of a nuclear attack.

Makes you think, doesn’t it.
Old Aug 10th 2016, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The Office of The Supreme Yorkie has been asked about this and denies any knowledge of the Plantations, so there must be something in the story. Did Lee Harvey Oswald ever visit Yorkshire ?
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The Office of The Supreme Yorkie has been asked about this and denies any knowledge of the Plantations, so there must be something in the story. Did Lee Harvey Oswald ever visit Yorkshire ?
Sorry, but the secret is out, The Northern Echo has found out the truth..

New tea plantation - in North Yorkshire (From The Northern Echo)
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

You'll also need a football team to support, for example Barnstoneworth United: