Arctic Roll. Not what I remembered

Old Dec 7th 2011, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arctic Roll. Not what I remembered

I don't have much of a sweet tooth or a taste for cakes or ice cream. But I saw an Arctic Roll in Waitrose the other day and it 'fell' into the trolley

I didn't know you could still them. Had a piece today and it's not how I remember it. Didn't the sponge used to spiral into the ice cream? This was just a lump of ice cream with a bit of rasberry flavour and spounge wrapped around the outside.

Is my memory that bad
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arctic Roll. Not what I remembered

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I don't have much of a sweet tooth or a taste for cakes or ice cream. But I saw an Arctic Roll in Waitrose the other day and it 'fell' into the trolley

I didn't know you could still them. Had a piece today and it's not how I remember it. Didn't the sponge used to spiral into the ice cream? This was just a lump of ice cream with a bit of rasberry flavour and spounge wrapped around the outside.

Is my memory that bad
No it never did spiral. You are remembering with rose tinted specs lol!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirrel
No it never did spiral. You are remembering with rose tinted specs lol!
Well if it never did, it damn well should have, and that'd be rasberry tinted specs
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:10 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

No it never did spiral.....but now I want some
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pommybird
No it never did spiral.....but now I want some
You can have the rest of mine if you want, it's not as good as I never remembered it
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Swisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud of

As an expert on this topic I can definitely say that *Swiss* rolls used to (and I hope still do) spiral but Arctic rolls don't....

so there you go!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:27 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swisstony
As an expert on this topic I can definitely say that *Swiss* rolls used to (and I hope still do) spiral but Arctic rolls don't....

so there you go!
There is the solution, an 'Alpine Roll' a gap in the market.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:42 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy

Is my memory that bad
Yes.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:45 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Then again I have had a few things lately that don't taste at all like I remember they did, so either the ingredients have changed from years ago or my rose coloured specs are starting to fade.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Swisstony

so there you go!
Swiss rolls are the biz ! Lovely little pieces of sponge cake rolled with cream or jam and covered in chocolate mmmmnnn, ahhhhh
Old Dec 8th 2011, 7:10 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Then again I have had a few things lately that don't taste at all like I remember they did, so either the ingredients have changed from years ago or my rose coloured specs are starting to fade.
I find quite a lot of things are sweeter. When we'd return to Canada after a visit I'd notice the sweetness in bread and all sorts of thing, but I think the UK has got the taste, too.

I seem to remember a rolled up ice cream cake like a Swiss Roll. Perhaps it had another name?

Bev
Old Dec 8th 2011, 10:41 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm
I find quite a lot of things are sweeter. When we'd return to Canada after a visit I'd notice the sweetness in bread and all sorts of thing, but I think the UK has got the taste, too.

I seem to remember a rolled up ice cream cake like a Swiss Roll. Perhaps it had another name?

Bev
You and tr1boy are sad, your mums were buying fake Arctic roll that was just a frozen swiss roll I remember it being just the cake on the outside and ice cream in the middle and a bit of jam or something between the cake and ice cream Not my favorite but not bad.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 10:52 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You and tr1boy are sad, your mums were buying fake Arctic roll that was just a frozen swiss roll I remember it being just the cake on the outside and ice cream in the middle and a bit of jam or something between the cake and ice cream Not my favorite but not bad.
That's how I remember it too.

My problem was with Victory V lozenges and coca cola cubes.

Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:32 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 9th 2011, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Attached Thumbnails Arctic Roll. Not what I remembered-untitled.bmp  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.