Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved back and NOT regretted it?!

Anyone moved back and NOT regretted it?!

Old Jun 24th 2006, 2:22 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone moved back and NOT regretted it?!

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am a Telegraph reader actually. However newspapers aside I find your insinuation that I am racist rather unpleasant. I don't give a monkeys toss who comes and lives in England as long as they become law abiding citizens and respect the customs and history as I would respect theirs in their country. We came to live in Australia to give our kids a better life than we had in England.
The telegraph is effectively the posh Daily Mail.

You didn't really answer the main point which was that the odd poor decision by some school head etc does not mean that British society has been overrun and that the average Brit cannot celebrate nativity or fly a flag.

I am not sure I was insinuating that you were a racist, I was however pointing out that many people point out to a loss of "Britishness" and "too many immigrants" which if not racist are a pretty close cousin, especially when it is patently not true.

There is obviously nothing wrong in moving to Australia and I hope you enjoy it.

I have no idea what Mr Mover is saying about "the Jews" in Germany in 1938 - I can't quite see how my comments relate to that, perhaps mr mover would care to elaborate?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:54 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
The telegraph is effectively the posh Daily Mail.

You didn't really answer the main point which was that the odd poor decision by some school head etc does not mean that British society has been overrun and that the average Brit cannot celebrate nativity or fly a flag.

I am not sure I was insinuating that you were a racist, I was however pointing out that many people point out to a loss of "Britishness" and "too many immigrants" which if not racist are a pretty close cousin, especially when it is patently not true.

There is obviously nothing wrong in moving to Australia and I hope you enjoy it.

I have no idea what Mr Mover is saying about "the Jews" in Germany in 1938 - I can't quite see how my comments relate to that, perhaps mr mover would care to elaborate?
The jews assumed that Nazism, would go away and was a passing fad, just like most people in Britain assume, that illegal immigrants are a fad and that they will all become British and blend in......... mm
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:42 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
The jews assumed that Nazism, would go away and was a passing fad, just like most people in Britain assume, that illegal immigrants are a fad and that they will all become British and blend in......... mm
Yikes!

So you are saying that the current British population are akin to the 1938 Jews, and immigrants (you have added the "illegal" bit which wasn't mentioned before) are akin to Nazis?

I started composing an argument against your suggestion but then deleted it - you are clearly a somewhat damaged individual to have come up with that comparison which is so far off the mark as to be facile and it seems unworthy to even start to go there.

If you really believe that a minority Jewish population in a large 1930's fascist state are comparable to a majority 2000's British population with a small disparate immigrant population of differing heritages, then you really could do with some professional help for your issues.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 1:27 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Cape Blue]Yikes!

So you are saying that the current British population are akin to the 1938 Jews, and immigrants (you have added the "illegal" bit which wasn't mentioned before) are akin to Nazis?[quote]
NO you are saying this........

If you really believe that a minority Jewish population in a large 1930's fascist state are comparable to a majority 2000's British population.
The British like the jews before them , have stuck their heads in the sand, and cannot not see the coming conflict.
Its too late the "lunatics"are in charge of the asylum..........IMHO....... mm
Old Jun 25th 2006, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Yikes!

So you are saying that the current British population are akin to the 1938 Jews, and immigrants (you have added the "illegal" bit which wasn't mentioned before) are akin to Nazis?

I started composing an argument against your suggestion but then deleted it - you are clearly a somewhat damaged individual to have come up with that comparison which is so far off the mark as to be facile and it seems unworthy to even start to go there.

If you really believe that a minority Jewish population in a large 1930's fascist state are comparable to a majority 2000's British population with a small disparate immigrant population of differing heritages, then you really could do with some professional help for your issues.
You are so right..not even worth answering...Karma to you...
Old Jun 25th 2006, 8:56 am
Just Joined

karen135 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eurotramp
You are so right..not even worth answering...Karma to you...
We are emigrating to Oz in 6 weeks to get away from certain areas of PC but Oz has its own problems also that have been highlighted. I dont want to bring up my kids in the UK anymore because of PC they can't sing Bah bah blacksheep anymore it's not PC what a load of crap it designed to protect a minority( i know a firm in the uk banned xmas cards in case it upset the other faiths) I think alot of Britian is feed up with how many immigrants are coming in and being protected.I would say Oz is the same but the last cenus in Oz was 38% Australian and 36% British says alot to me and there are places in Oz called little Britain.Don't get me wrong Oz might not be for us but the Britsh way of life at the moment has disillisioned me.FED UP with life in UK

Just my view not meant to offend
Old Jun 25th 2006, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Generally, I ignore your posts, because they are so ill-informed. However, this post of yours hits new depths of ignorance and offensiveness. Firstly, in 1938, the Jews did not believe that the Nazis were a "passing fad" - a few clues like Hitler becoming Chancellor in the early '30s and his growth in popularity. Secondly, based on your reasoning, no doubt Pauline Hanson's Oz One Nation party will rise-up and shove all non-Australians - BTW does that mean black or white? - into camps. Thirdly, the inference that there is some relationship between illegal immigrants in the UK and Nazism beggars belief.

I don't know whether you are just incredibly ignorant or plain stupid.

Thank god you are a long way away, in South Australia.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:36 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karen135
We are emigrating to Oz in 6 weeks to get away from ............how many immigrants are coming in and being protected.............there are places in Oz called little Britain.........

So you are becoming an immigrant because of the number of immigrants in Britain???

Old Jun 25th 2006, 6:17 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Anyone moved back and NOT regretted it?!

We are emigrating to Oz in 6 weeks .......I think alot of Britian is feed up with how many immigrants are coming in...
Aren't you worried that Australians, (or more specifically, the aborigines),won't be fed up with you moving there? People are coming to the UK for a better life - same reason you're going to Oz (you hope). Why is it ok for you to emmigrate but you're "fed up" with people moving to the UK?
Old Jun 25th 2006, 8:06 pm
Democracy advocate

We are emigrating to Oz in 6 weeks to get away from certain areas of PC but Oz has its own problems also that have been highlighted. I dont want to bring up my kids in the UK anymore because of PC they can't sing Bah bah blacksheep anymore it's not PC what a load of crap it designed to protect a minority( i know a firm in the uk banned xmas cards in case it upset the other faiths) I think alot of Britian is feed up with how many immigrants are coming in and being protected.I would say Oz is the same but the last cenus in Oz was 38% Australian and 36% British says alot to me and there are places in Oz called little Britain.Don't get me wrong Oz might not be for us but the Britsh way of life at the moment has disillisioned me.FED UP with life in UK

Karen135 - just so I fully understand your point could you explain what you mean when you say " ... immigrants are coming in and being protected". I am not quite sure what the being protected bit refers to.

By the way the most recent UK census had ethnic minorities in the UK at around 8% - there seems to be 26% from your Australia census that aren't Australian (not sure exactly what that is) or British (and indeed the "British" could be from immigrant stock).

Regarding political correctness, whilst there are always going to be marginal decisions made around issues like bar bar black sheep (which in my opinion seem erroneous) the vast majority of the PC arena has been involved in preventing racism, sexism, homophobia and now ageism.

I'm sure that you would agree that it is a good thing that black people can no longer be called a N*gger in public or be discriminated against in employment or housing, let alone that women are no longer called "birds" and are destined solely for the typing pool.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

The difference is we won't be sponging off ANYONE, we will pay our own way, we will NOT be given houses and food tokens.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 10:35 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
The difference is we won't be sponging off ANYONE, we will pay our own way, we will NOT be given houses and food tokens.
You hope.

No matter how unlikely it may seem now, one day you may need housing assistance, need help with food, or be unable to pay your own way. All it takes is one disaster/illness/stroke of bad luck, and you may end up "sponging".

Plus, it's not just immigrants who "sponge". I bet a lot fewer Indian or Pakistani immigrants have sponged off the government than, say, Scousers. Or Brummies.

Last edited by dunroving; Jun 26th 2006 at 12:10 am.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Be warned. If you are coming to Australia to leave political correctness behind, you may be in for a shock.
There are schools here too which prefer to use the term 'holiday' so as not to offend by saying 'Christmas', for example.
There are cases of leaning over backwards to promote women in the owrkplace because that is the pc thing to do. You can't take age into account when employing someone, nor can you discriminate becuase of sexuality, pregnancy etc etc.

Same brown stuff, different bucket.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:43 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There are cases of leaning over backwards to promote women in the owrkplace because that is the pc thing to do.
Bloody Owrk's I blame Lord of the Rings.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:52 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

You're just weird really...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.