Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Any regrets on moving back to the UK?

Any regrets on moving back to the UK?

Old Nov 28th 2011, 12:47 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any regrets on moving back to the UK?

Originally Posted by love30stm
Hope you don't mind me saying why did you not like Oz?
Well, here's my ten cents worth...

It's stinking hot, it's miles from anywhere, people can't speak properly and hate you if you do and there are things that can kill you hanging around the washing line.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pommybird
Yeah we're all good thanks, been back in the UK for 5 years now, Perth is just a distant memory, thank God .....OH would go back tomorrow if he had the chance, me, never in a million years!

Don't feel you've 'made your bed', many peeps on here have to'd and fro'd from the UK to Oz more than once, remember Libby, she did it 3 times and last I heard she was back in the UK for good. If you want to come back enough you can and will make it happen xxx

5 Years, blimey that has gone quick, if only I was strong enough to say not a chance, we would be so much happier.

We will go back at some point he knows how I feel,and we agreed we need to sort it out and make some firm plans for the future, and not just for us but for our children, I don't want to keep dragging them back and forth, or keep hurting eachother. x x x
Old Nov 28th 2011, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by brissybee

It's stinking hot, it's miles from anywhere, people can't speak properly and hate you if you do and there are things that can kill you hanging around the washing line.
And that too, I was trying to be polite.
I do have to correct my children when they say can I have some wader, or I have been invited to a pardy
Old Nov 28th 2011, 1:00 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Like the wife, you mean?
Old Nov 28th 2011, 1:01 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
5 Years, blimey that has gone quick, if only I was strong enough to say not a chance, we would be so much happier.

We will go back at some point he knows how I feel,and we agreed we need to sort it out and make some firm plans for the future, and not just for us but for our children, I don't want to keep dragging them back and forth, or keep hurting eachother. x x x
You need to do it before they get too old, before you can turn around it will be teenage years, boyfriends, fiancees, husbands, grand-kids ............and you may have to come home on your own......
Old Nov 28th 2011, 1:03 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I do have to correct my children when they say can I have some wader, or I have been invited to a pardy
You can be less polite here than you can on the Barbie forum.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beedubya
You need to do it before they get too old, before you can turn around it will be teenage years, boyfriends, fiancees, husbands, grand-kids ............and you may have to come home on your own......
I know, we agreed to make a decision before our son starts high school 2013
Old Nov 28th 2011, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beedubya
You can be less polite here than you can on the Barbie forum.
I have never ventured into the Barbie, not really been in the Utopia gang
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I know, we agreed to make a decision before our son starts high school 2013
At least you have a decision point in mind which must be a bit of help in coping with the sheer tedium of the day to day stuff. I hope things turn out the way you want them to - nothing beats belonging IMHO!!!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

DevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to all

Been back just over 3 years and absolutely no regrets at all. i've just posted an update on the back home bit. Got to wait for it to be authorised by a moderator....what's that all about then?? Wasn't like that in my day!!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:38 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DevonTracy
Been back just over 3 years and absolutely no regrets at all. i've just posted an update on the back home bit. Got to wait for it to be authorised by a moderator....what's that all about then?? Wasn't like that in my day!!
It's because you is Devonish.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:53 pm
Home Sweet Home

I have never ventured into the Barbie, not really been in the Utopia gang

Yes it can be quite scary to face up to the Utopians I agree, but I have a thick skin to face up to their negativity about Broken Britain LOL!!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:53 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
It's because you is Devonish.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 10:02 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Make them listen to Gillard. That'll stop their pardying ways.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Make them listen to Gillard. That'll stop their pardying ways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.