Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Any regrets about moving back to the UK?

Any regrets about moving back to the UK?

Old Aug 14th 2014, 3:52 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Any regrets about moving back to the UK?

Originally Posted by LostBrit99
Lol, H.H how incorrect you are. Firstly Mexico is a country not a state.
Mexico is a sovereign nation state. A nation that has rampant criminal activity.

From: https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentRe...aspx?cid=15151
Old Aug 14th 2014, 3:53 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Millions eat every day at McDonalds, but that doesn't make their burgers equivalent to steaks.

FWIW I've been a passenger in a 3 Series and it was impossibly cramped, such that I would not choose to drive one, and if I did (assuming I even could) the back seat would be useless. The same is true IME of all small "urban" cars.
Get a 5 series then
Old Aug 14th 2014, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe its because Im in the North but for renters there is definitely more value for money in the UK than the US. For the price of a studio on the outskirts of Boston I can get a three bedroom semi-detached house with garden in Yorkshire.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 4:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
.... on the outskirts of Boston I can get a three bedroom semi-detached house with garden in Yorkshire.
That doesn't seem very practical.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 4:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Mexico is a sovereign nation state. A nation that has rampant criminal activity.

From: https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentRe...aspx?cid=15151
So there, LostBrit!! You haven't really lived in Mexico for 7 years and enjoyed a safe environment, you've just been asleep and dreaming!!

Do this and you'll forget all about people who don't live there knowing more than you do
Old Aug 14th 2014, 5:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
So there, LostBrit!! You haven't really lived in Mexico for 7 years and enjoyed a safe environment, you've just been asleep and dreaming!!

Do this and you'll forget all about people who don't live there knowing more than you do
Comments like this just make you look foolish.

You can focus on the micro aspects of a persons living situation all you want, but it's completely pointless when assessing the country as a whole. That I have to even point this out to you says a lot.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

LostBrit99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hes not even worth answering Spouse of Scouse.
Its the old saying of not arguing with fools lol.

I have lived in many parts of Mexico and had less problems here than I ever had living in the Uk.

Spent many months in Mexico City too, my kids were not threatened, neither was I, as a single woman able to walk the streets with Iphone and handbag in hand, etc etc

Some people like to believe everything they read or see on CNN LOL.
Sad really, because normally people who have travelled are usually more open and educated.
I guess there is always one
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:31 pm
Banned

I have lived in many parts of Mexico and had less problems here than I ever had living in the Uk.

Spent many months in Mexico City too, my kids were not threatened, neither was I, as a single woman able to walk the streets with Iphone and handbag in hand, etc etc

Sad really, because normally people who have travelled are usually more open and educated.
I've never read such a total load of bollocks this week.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My husband was met at the airport by armed bodyguards when he went to Mexico City.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

LostBrit99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My husband was met at the airport by armed bodyguards when he went to Mexico City.
We were last there in March of this year and no problems atall. Jumped in a cab at the airport with the kids to Reforma and had a great week shopping and seeing old friends.

Armed guards? Wow, thats unusual. Thats sounds over the top even for Mexico and one of my closest friends is the lawyer for an ex Governadora and her guys were not armed.

Guns are illegal in Mexico, normally its only police and professional body guards that have permission to have them.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I've never read such a total load of bollocks this week.
+1. 'Cept rather longer than just one week.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We were last there in March of this year and no problems atall. Jumped in a cab at the airport with the kids to Reforma and had a great week shopping and seeing old friends.

Armed guards? Wow, thats unusual. Thats sounds over the top even for Mexico and one of my closest friends is the lawyer for an ex Governadora and her guys were not armed.

Guns are illegal in Mexico, normally its only police and professional body guards that have permission to have them.
It is not unusual for company execs to have armed bodyguards when visiting MC due to kidnapping.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 12:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Comments like this just make you look foolish.

You can focus on the micro aspects of a persons living situation all you want, but it's completely pointless when assessing the country as a whole. That I have to even point this out to you says a lot.
I'm surprised at this from you, HH. We've had some lovely chats in the past, and a good laugh/bit of poking fun too. Lighten up matey, we're a long time dead!
Old Aug 15th 2014, 1:58 pm
Banned

I'm surprised at this from you, HH. We've had some lovely chats in the past, and a good laugh/bit of poking fun too. Lighten up matey, we're a long time dead!
To be fair, I was simply defending my original position...
Old Aug 26th 2014, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

magpie62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any regrets about moving back to the UK?

thats how i feel and have felt for years but everything i read in the British press is so negative and so are my relative.They say what do you want to come back here for. Then I visit and they are all laughing and enjoying life on the most part. I long come back home after 25 years and just be "home" should I do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.