Another Scottish island

Old May 8th 2017, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Scottish island

Originally Posted by scot47
Off again today. Not an island this time but the town of Ayr. "Auld Ayr, wham neer a toon surpasses, fir honest men and bonnie lasses."

I shall be joining the other pilgrims visiting the shrines to Mr Burns, including the Kirk at Alloway and the brig that saved Tam O'Shanter from the coven of witches.
That sounds wonderful, have a terrific time 😀
Old Jun 16th 2017, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

On kidney dialysis three days a week but I am NOT giving up my travels. Off to Dumfries soon for a weekend with a dame I know.

(Is that sexist ?)
Old Jun 16th 2017, 5:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... Off to Dumfries soon for a weekend with a dame I know.

(Is that sexist ?)
On the contrary, assuming you mean mean pantomime dame, that is remarkably liberal of you.
Old Jun 16th 2017, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

On kidney dialysis three days a week but I am NOT giving up my travels. Off to Dumfries soon for a weekend with a dame I know.

(Is that sexist ?)

Better than a lot of words you could have used Have a grand time!
Old Jun 16th 2017, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The broad I am with is definitely of the female type !
Old Jun 16th 2017, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

The broad I am with is definitely of the female type !
Old Jul 4th 2017, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

jayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond repute

I remember on my first trip to the South that I was HORRIFIED at how FLAT it is in the South of England !
Granted there are no mountains in the south but there are the Sussex Downs. the lake district is quite dramatic, the Yorkshire dales, the Pennines , the Elan valley and Wales isn't far away. it has mountains. I suggest that anyone considering moving to New Zealand for the scenery should take a closer look at what the whole of the UK has to offer. Personally I find the lack of history and historic places of interest here in NZ makes it quite boring after a while. Once you've driven across it and around it and you've seen all the scenery you realise that the UK has so much more, and there are some fairly flat areas here tooThere are websites in praise of every individual country in Britain, there are places I've never seen and I regret it.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 3:16 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayandbill
Granted there are no mountains in the south but there are the Sussex Downs. the lake district is quite dramatic, the Yorkshire dales, the Pennines , the Elan valley and Wales isn't far away. it has mountains. I suggest that anyone considering moving to New Zealand for the scenery should take a closer look at what the whole of the UK has to offer. Personally I find the lack of history and historic places of interest here in NZ makes it quite boring after a while. Once you've driven across it and around it and you've seen all the scenery you realise that the UK has so much more, and there are some fairly flat areas here tooThere are websites in praise of every individual country in Britain, there are places I've never seen and I regret it.
Specifically, a varied and fascinating continent a short drive away.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lots of places to see and things to do in Scotland - but it is all so EXPENSIVE. Headed to Dumfries and Ellisland Farm next month where our national bard was a tenant farmer in the 18th century.

Am minded o ma visit to Ayr twa month syne. Ah wiz there naw twa hoors and BANG WENT SIXPENCE !

Last edited by scot47; Jul 11th 2017 at 11:09 am.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Lots of places to see and things to do in Scotland - but it is all so EXPENSIVE. Headed to Dumfries and Ellisland Farm next month where our national bard was a tenant farmer in the 18th century.

Am minded o ma visit to Ayr twa month syne. Ah wiz there naw twa hoors and BANG WENT SIXPENCE !
Old Jul 11th 2017, 8:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I have explained on a few occasions, to perplexed Americans, that up to the mid 1970's Britain had a 2½p coin, and that up to the early 1960's the pound was divisible into 960 parts!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 11th 2017 at 8:36 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Having the strange experience this weekend of entertaining a visitor from Warsaw. We last met in 1967 when i was an exchange student at Warsaw University. How do you discuss what has happened personally and in the world in the period of 1967-2017 in only two days !
Old Sep 10th 2017, 1:00 pm

.... How do you discuss what has happened personally and in the world in the period of 1967-2017 in only two days !
Briefly?
Old Sep 10th 2017, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Another Scottish island

Having the strange experience this weekend of entertaining a visitor from Warsaw. We last met in 1967 when i was an exchange student at Warsaw University. How do you discuss what has happened personally and in the world in the period of 1967-2017 in only two days !
I think it's great that you're able to meet up again after all these years! Yes - you have a lot of catching up to do! Enjoy your time with your old friend
Old Sep 12th 2017, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My friend from Eastern Europe was shocked at how BACKWARD we are here ! he was also telling me about the current bunch of crazies in power in Warsaw who are now planning POXIT ! (ie Polish Exit)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.